Sign in to follow this  
jkeye

Patch 4 is available-go get her!

Who says P3D v6 is dead???????

Prepar3D v6.0 has released its fourth patch, version 6.0.34, which is now available for download. Among numerous fixes and updates, this patch provides improved lighting with a focus on the periods near dawn and dusk.

The Prepar3D v6.0 Patch 4 (6.0.34) contains the following changes:

• Fixed lighting color accuracy issues at dawn and dusk.
  • Improved exposure and lighting conditions during day and night transitions.

• Updated default emissive alpha values for various content and scenery objects to improve lighting on emissive objects.
  • Updated visual effects and airport effect lighting values to improve dawn/dusk transitions.
  • Updates to runway lighting intensity steps.
  • Added control over exposure and emissive interpolation tables in Prepar3D.cfg.
  • Added environment variables for day/night interpolants.
  • Fixed issues causing clouds and transparent objects to not blend correctly with fog.
  • Fixed the issue causing the screen to flash white when changing views in some cases.
  • Updated terrain land class smoothness values.
  • Fixed issue causing jitter in views when using TAA in some cases.
  • Additional airport fixes and airport surface improvements.
  • Updated various scenery building textures.
  • Flight plans can now be rendered in the world using the Navigation Visuals screen.
  • Flight planner is now available within SimDirector.
  • Fixed crash that could occur in Camera Control screen when attempting to save camera with empty name.
  • Fixed issues with airway waypoint generation in GPS system.
  • Flight plan procedures now draw in the F-35 TSD.
  • Added additional advanced scenario creation samples.
  • Fixed issue where C:Vars would not parse correctly in some cases if an index was present.
  • Fixed issue with galaxy positioning.
  • Fixed issue where views could appear too dark when using single pass VR.
  • Renamed Gamma slider to Mid Tone Control in custom tone mapping settings.
  • Like 8

Thank goodness for those first two bullets! 

Glad to see LM was listening to us. Looking forward to installing and testing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jkeye said:

Fixed issue where C:Vars would not parse correctly in some cases if an index was present.

Will save several aircrafts in V6...

Thanks LM

Gérard

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DChockey08 said:

Thank goodness for those first two bullets! 

Glad to see LM was listening to us. Looking forward to installing and testing. 

yes, this has been holding me back since v5 so once some screenshots appear I may bite the bullet and put P3D back on my PC 

56 minutes ago, gaab said:

Will save several aircrafts in V6...

Thanks LM

Gérard

Which ones?

1 hour ago, jkeye said:

Which ones?

Flysimware Falcon 50

Milviz DHC2

may be other using XMLTools

Gérard

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gaab said:

Flysimware Falcon 50

Milviz DHC2

may be other using XMLTools

Gérard

Did you just point the installer with the Milviz DHC2?

Vic green

2 hours ago, level7 said:

Do these changes mean the cockpits are less dark?

Certainly not that I've noticed, unfortunately.

9 hours ago, Patco Lch said:

Did you just point the installer with the Milviz DHC2?

No, I just copied the files from my v5 installation (several folders).

Gérard

• Like 1

To tell you the the truth, I'm getting a little sick of how we have to 'patch' P3DV6 now.

I think having to download approx. 36Gb and then wait while it uninstalls/re-installs itself totalling approx. 1 hour,assuming all goes well, is a bit much.

Give me back the day when we just downloaded client or scenery etc. and installed that, an awful lot quicker and kinder on bandwidth.

I thought that the way LM sold V6 with it's 'auto update/patch' option, would just download the affected files and install them, but no, download the entire program ( bar the first patch, which took an age to complete) and re-install the entire program.

Surely there must be a better way???

BTW., the other sims do not neccesitate a full D/L when updating/patching.

Edited by Sparkrite
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sparkrite said:

To tell you the the truth, I'm getting a little sick of how we have to 'patch' P3DV6 now.

I think having to download approx. 36Gb and then wait while it uninstalls/re-installs itself totalling approx. 1 hour,assuming all goes well, is a bit much.

Give me back the day when we just downloaded client or scenery etc. and installed that, an awful lot quicker and kinder on bandwidth.

I thought that the way LM sold V6 with it's 'auto update/patch' option, would just download the affected files and install them, but no, download the entire program ( bar the first patch, which took an age to complete) and re-install the entire program.

Surely there must be a better way???

BTW., the other sims do not neccesitate a full D/L when updating/patching.

Agreed. After downloading four patch sets I am completely unimpressed by this new innovative feature from LM. Yet another reason why it’s clear to me the current product direction is to drive LM OUT of the personal market, NOT to increase their marketshare.

My opinion,

-B

Edited by btacon
  • Like 2

I don't mind the full download to be honest-the changes are hefty with each release and I'm happy with the short term pain for long term gain.

I think the MSFS updates come in large packages too with even less control over what one installs

Edited by jkeye

The patch installer only downloads the files that have changed.

For example 6.0.27 was 474Mb, 6.0.28 was 1194Mb. Patch 6.0.30 had to download all the new cab files hence was a big download. Patch 6.0.34 also has all new cab files so again is big. The older way to patch P3D versions would be just as big, if for example all the scenery changed in the update.

So in short we are still only downloading client or scenery etc. and installing that, except that now we are automatically notified of the updates and it is done for us if we accept.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

24 minutes ago, jkeye said:

I think the MSFS updates come in large packages too with even less control over what one installs

I don't remember any update to any other sim taking roughly an hour to complete (500Mbs FTHH & mid range PC) and we also have little control as to what we install.

It's either all or nothing !!