Sign in to follow this  
MrBitstFlyer

Tobii EyeTracker 5 advice

How can i use Facetracknoir with Tobii? I installed it and it works but in the MSFS Control Options i only see a Tab with Tobii.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, flieger28 said:

How can i use Facetracknoir with Tobii? I installed it and it works but in the MSFS Control Options i only see a Tab with Tobii.

When FaceTrackNoIR is running it overrides the in-game settings as far as I could tell when I set it up last night. You'll want to set all your keyboard/joystick shortcuts and curves in the FaceTrackNoIR settings. You can still turn on and off headtracking within MSFS but I just trashed all my in-game key bindings.

Here are the steps from the Tobii Discord that I followed:

1. Download FaceTrackNoIR by paying for it and getting a download link

2. Download Tobii5 headtracker plugin (on facetracknoir download page)

3. Download Plugin-Pack for FaceTrackNoIR (on facetracknoir download page)

4. Install #1 above, then #2 and #3

5. Ensure Tobii Eye Tracker is already on and working

6. Ensure Tobii Gamehub is NOT running

7. If it exists, delete "HeadTracker.dll" from the DCS World/bin

8. Run FaceTrackNoIR

9. Set "Tobii5 Tracker" as "Tracker Source (1st = Master)

10. Set "Accela Filter Mk2" as "Filter"

11. Set "Game protocol" as "FreeTrack 2.1"

12. Change other settings as preferred (ex. Invert, Curves, hotkeys, etc)

13. Click "Start" under "GO!"

14. Run DCS, get into a plane, and enjoy

15. Remember to re-center using a hotkey setup in facetracknoir

Edited by vrdubin6
  • Like 3

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"

For those curious, about :24 in this video shows the difference in Tobii/FaceTrackNoIR steadiness when holding your head still while off-center. 

2 hours ago, vrdubin6 said:

For those curious, about :24 in this video shows the difference in Tobii/FaceTrackNoIR steadiness when holding your head still while off-center. 

Thanks for posting that. I don't have a major heartache with how my Tobii performs with the stock software but that video makes me think that I just might splash out the CDN$7 to give FaceTrackNoIR a spin.

Do you happen to know if FaceTrackNoIR stays pointing at what you were looking at if you pause the head tracking (my biggest peeve with the Tobii Experience software is that it recenters your view when you pause head tracking)?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Malaromane said:

Do you happen to know if FaceTrackNoIR stays pointing at what you were looking at if you pause the head tracking (my biggest peeve with the Tobii Experience software is that it recenters your view when you pause head tracking)?

Yup, there is an option in the settings on what behavior you want when pausing. Then when you un-pause it makes a very smooth transition back to center. 

• Like 1

Is the vjoy plugin needed for the keybinds to work? Because in the past i had a bad expierence with the vjoy Programm 

3 hours ago, flieger28 said:

Is the vjoy plugin needed for the keybinds to work? Because in the past i had a bad expierence with the vjoy Programm 

I don't have VJOY and my re-center the view works ok.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

22 hours ago, vrdubin6 said:

When FaceTrackNoIR is running it overrides the in-game settings as far as I could tell when I set it up last night. You'll want to set all your keyboard/joystick shortcuts and curves in the FaceTrackNoIR settings. You can still turn on and off headtracking within MSFS but I just trashed all my in-game key bindings.

Here are the steps from the Tobii Discord that I followed:

1. Download FaceTrackNoIR by paying for it and getting a download link

2. Download Tobii5 headtracker plugin (on facetracknoir download page)

3. Download Plugin-Pack for FaceTrackNoIR (on facetracknoir download page)

4. Install #1 above, then #2 and #3

5. Ensure Tobii Eye Tracker is already on and working

6. Ensure Tobii Gamehub is NOT running

7. If it exists, delete "HeadTracker.dll" from the DCS World/bin

8. Run FaceTrackNoIR

9. Set "Tobii5 Tracker" as "Tracker Source (1st = Master)

10. Set "Accela Filter Mk2" as "Filter"

11. Set "Game protocol" as "FreeTrack 2.1"

12. Change other settings as preferred (ex. Invert, Curves, hotkeys, etc)

13. Click "Start" under "GO!"

14. Run DCS, get into a plane, and enjoy

15. Remember to re-center using a hotkey setup in facetracknoir

somhow i'm to stupid.

i have followed the guide an skipped the DCS Parts, but when i start my MSFS i just have Tobii in the Control settings and nothing from TrackIR?

How can i remove that Tobii, i need to have the Tobii Experience installed and running otherwite FaceTrackNoIR doesn't work with my Tobii5 Tracker.

After i installed all the Plugins i can't use the tobii anymore without facetracknoir. Even when it is not started. I though i could choose between tobii and facetracknoir 

The Tobii Discord is probably the best bet for all these questions. They have a pretty active "tech talk" channel on there. 

1 hour ago, Bam2000 said:

somhow i'm to stupid.

i have followed the guide an skipped the DCS Parts, but when i start my MSFS i just have Tobii in the Control settings and nothing from TrackIR?

How can i remove that Tobii, i need to have the Tobii Experience installed and running otherwite FaceTrackNoIR doesn't work with my Tobii5 Tracker.

1..  Make sure you stop the Tobii Game Bar, otherwise FaceTrackNoir will not work correctly.
2..  FaceTrackNoir overrides MSFS settings, no need to go to Tobii in MSFS Control Options.

Tobii Discord server is active and I received very good help from the developers & Users.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Sorry to be so dumb.

13 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

..  Make sure you stop the Tobii Game Bar, otherwise FaceTrackNoir will not work correctly.

Could you explain in detail exactly what you mean by the above statement.

Many thanks.

Al

4 hours ago, algy10 said:

Sorry to be so dumb.

Could you explain in detail exactly what you mean by the above statement.

Many thanks.

Al

The Tobii Game HUB runs in the system tray - it will stop FaceTrackNoir from operating properly. Right click on the icon and click on QUIT 🙂

Edited by MrBitstFlyer

Thanks for the reply.

I never have had the Game Hub running in the  System Tray, only the 'Tobii Experience', so that clears that particular bit up.

Cheers

Al

• Like 1

Hi

Not sure what I am doing wrong here.

Tobii 5 is working fine,

Installed and setup FaceTrackNoIR ..... seems ok.

However FaceTrackNoIR does not seem to be overruling the Tobii settings when connected.

Whether FaceTrackNoIR is connected or not seems to make no difference and Tobii continues to run as normal.

Just wondering if there is any step that I have missed out?

Again, many thanks.

Al

spacer.png

spacer.png