Sign in to follow this  
Guest mau01

Acceleration crashes upon accessing menu bar

>I don't think anyone has any problem with well expressed>negative views.>>Rants that go on and on and in the words of the complaints I>have gotten "over the top" are different.>>...and yes-those that continue to express that this board is>not for them-why do you come back? Please save me the>trouble-I am extremely busy today...Then please delete my membership, effective from NOW.I've had a look through the controls but there is no option for this.How dare you be so sarcastic to a community member? if you were to take a look at my posting history you will find (up until now) I've been very positive towards the community and Avsim, I love this hobby.If something is wrong I'll say it though, guess that does not cut to well with Avsim and the way its run these days.But it stops short here. When there is a problem, Avsim don't want to know, they would rather blot it out than upset our visitors from Ace's.What an attitude!!! sheesh

Guest RonB49

>Could it be DX10?No. You are correct, DX10 is Vista only. R-

I actually do like sports metaphors. I was just playing around.I can't remember the last time I banned someone. I feel kind of like I missed out, I was playing Uno with the girlfriend.

Since Brian brings up Sports allow me to give a few stats:This would be my 4rth ban since I started as a moderator almost a year ago-however since the user himself asked for his deactivation I don't think this counts as a technical- I was granting the users' request which is clearly spelled out above.Since Jan 1st-we have had 41,283 accesses in the fsx forum alone-running about 2x the amount of the fs9 forum. Avsim has 43,527 members, and countless others who do not register. The number of bannings is therefore statistically insignificant, as are the number of locked threads compared to those that are not locked. The threads that are locked are still readable.So when you state ......."I do think this board needs a good representation of the FS-X? 'not that good' view"look at this thread-do a forum search-read many of the posts today, and yes read the locked threads. They are all there.Do a search on the few individuals that have been banned-check their history and their way of expressing themselves.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgForum ModeratorMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

>I don't think anyone has any problem with well expressed>negative views.>>Rants that go on and on and in the words of the complaints I>have gotten "over the top" are different.>>...and yes-those that continue to express that this board is>not for them-why do you come back? Please save me the>trouble-I am extremely busy today...>>I think a lot of the current problems can be avoided via a karma / self moderation system. It would make moderation much more easier and it seems fairer. Instead of a small team deciding what is a well expressed view and what not we as a community can decide whats acceptable.I think the current moderation hides behind broad terms and own interpretations. Everybody has some bias in their views. Just show us one moderater that leans to the I'm not happy with FS-X. Without the we are not so happy with FS-X view represented in this forum the forum slants to the Yay FS-X! side and thats not the feeling I get from the FS community as a whole.

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

Guest RonB49

"Without the we are not so happy with FS-X view represented in this forum the forum slants to the Yay FS-X! side and thats not the feeling I get from the FS community as a whole."But you see, I don't think that we see, ". . .the feeling . . . from the FS community as a whole." I belive that we see only a small subset of the community and that this subset is, by its nature, the most critical group. Most users of FSX have never heard of AVSIM or any other flight sim Web site; they just sit alone happily playing the game. Add to that, the fact that people are more likely to complain about a product that they are unhappy with than they are to praise a product that they like and you see why. I've mostly stayed out of these threads because I'm happy with FSX and tire of being flamed each time I say so. AVSIM owes its very existance to MSFS, X-Plane, and the other simulations out there. I have no problems with tha Moderators being positive toward these sims; all of them.R-

>Since nobody has commented yet I will check when I get home>later, as I have those drivers installed for Crysis. I forgot to come back and report on the 169.09's, but I do still have the issue with these, and only in full screen. Ground textures in SP2 seem to laod better in windowed mode, so I have been using a maximized window lately, and the menu crash has not been an issue. In any case I can hit alt-enter and go right into the menu, so even if I am using full screen, its not a big deal.

this needs to be reported to nVidia, as I stated they told me they could no longer repro the menu crash on a 7800 in their lab with the 169.09. and yes, that means they could repro it previously.

Hi,I too have been getting these annoying CTD's, lock-ups etc. whatever you wish to call them ever since I installed Acceleration. Going to delete it and have a go and see what happens. As you can see I run an eVGA 7950 and I am having the same problem. It seems to me that the fellows using ATI cards don't report problems nearly as often.

\Robert Hamlich/

Greetings Max,I've got pretty much the same setup as you, except my card is the 7950GT....same exact issues as u, hence Accell has been removed from my system.I've heard no word at all the last few days from either NvIdia (forums) or Aces/MS on a fix.Ken

Guest JeroenR

Hi Phil,Sorry, the last post I see on you blog is from november 16th about the ESP part IIIRegards,Jeroen

Guest JeroenR

Hi Phil,Thanks again! I was a bit cunfused between this thread and your blog (which I visit quite often)Unless since acceleration does come with some trouble, I think you guys on aces studio did a very good job and make FSX a better product.However some things are not working well like the freezing up and CTD's.I have had msvcr80.dll, api.dll and ntdll.dll errors what causes the sim to ctd. Currently fixed the ntdll.dll error in windows vista 32bit home premium, the api.dll error was gone after upgrading the DirecX End-user from ms.Currently fighting the msvcr80.dll error by keeping flying the same mission over and over again.Even after a complete clean stand alone install of windows Vista, FSX and acceleration and installing the latest vidio drivers (forceware 163.75 for my 8800GTX card) the sim is giving me ctd's.I will continue fighting these errors, although