Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

SamScene: USA Modern Cities Vol.1

bought it, recommendation, definite buy!!!

• Like 1

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

Hi, how does this work with LatinVFR KMIA?

I want to get this but I am afraid of it conflicting.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Robin

48 minutes ago, Romeo_Tango said:

Thanks.

Same. Hoping he / somebody found a way to accommodate those of us with the LatinVFR scenery.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

2 hours ago, scotchegg said:

Same. Hoping he / somebody found a way to accommodate those of us with the LatinVFR scenery.

Asking on the discord the reply was there should be no issue, and testing it myself showed nothing except the kind of garish green of the KMIA grass as opposed to the orthophoto colors.....

ZvNSza.png

Hb2grv.png

f7Wi9e.png

63YMrc.png

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I would add, Samscene themselves replied:

use scenery layer tool to set the USA cities to the bottom, read the product description for details

• Like 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

I would add, Samscene themselves replied:

thanks for posting this!  Although this is giving me nightmares of my p3d days.  I've never had to do this in msfs as of yet.  Does anybody have guidance on how exactly this is accomplished in msfs?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

6 minutes ago, micstatic said:

thanks for posting this!  Although this is giving me nightmares of my p3d days.  I've never had to do this in msfs as of yet.  Does anybody have guidance on how exactly this is accomplished in msfs?

Activate the experimental menu, choose the scenery layer tool and then use the up-and-down arrows. It works, but like most stuff under experimental it's kinda akward/clumsy.

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 1

Devons rig

On 9/29/2023 at 7:33 PM, Romeo_Tango said:

Thanks.

Just got it.. directly from Samscene3d, not from the marketplace.

First of all, the scenery is packaged into four separate city folders, so you can remove one if it causes conflicts.

As for Miami, I like what they have done.  The LVFR scenery leaves some causeways "under water" and is missing some of the newer buildings downtown.  I simply activated both LVFR and Samscene, and it looks much improved.  The causeway to Brickell Island which I have walked several times, is there and the buildings look very convincing..  Two screenshots below (LVFR, LVFR+Samscene):

utLK6Vy.jpg

hzsJZPT.jpg

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bert

4 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Just got it.. directly from Samscene3d, not from the marketplace.

First of all, the scenery is packaged into four separate city folders, so you can remove one if it causes conflicts.

As for Miami, I like what they have done.  The LVFR scenery leaves some causeways "under water" and is missing some of the newer buildings downtown.  I simply activated both LVFR and Samscene, and it looks much improved.  The causeway to Brickell Island which I have walked several times, is there and the buildings look very convincing..  Two screenshots below (LVFR, LVFR+Samscene):

Hi Bert, I took the chance and got it through Orbix yesterday. I too did as you have done, keeping both sceneries active, and I have not seen any conflicts. I really like the combination.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Edited by micstatic
Deleted quote of a picture
  • Like 1

Robin