Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

Meta Quest 3

It does not use base stations at all all the cameras are in the the headset you do not need a cable you can do it airlink/wireless with a good wifi but a good cable from meta is always better. if there doing everything the same as the quest 2 just better.... I'm definitely getting one I have the quest 2 and it was ok this one seems a ton better and about the same as the pico 4. so there's 2 ways to connect to the p.c..... one wireless with your wifi and the other with the cable.

Quest Link and Air Link.

Edited by Silverbird

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

9 hours ago, Delta111 said:

Wont know till Christmas time...!!

Mines being delivered October 15. So, we will know then 

• Like 1

With Quest 2 i hardly noticed any difference between Airlink and the dedicated USB 90 euro cable in FPS nor visual quality.

• Upvote 1

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

I find virtual desktop to be better than a cable, and the freedom of wireless to be a real bonus 🙂
Pre-ordered from Amazon, pre-order price guaranteed.

Has anyone used Meta Quest Pro with MSFS? I know we can't answer this easily yet but wondering if Meta Quest Pro is better than Meta Quest 3 specifically for MSFS. That QLED or local dimming probably helps realism when flying at night (in meta quest pro), but I'd guess the clarity of the image will be better on Meta Quest 3 with higher resolution image.

I've also heard the wireless signal on meta quest can sometimes supersede the linked cable image for whatever reason, so I'm not worried about using a linked cable for desktop gaming use.

For MSFS and PC games the smallest 'memory' is fine, it's for installing games on the headset itself.

I have the 64GB Q2 and have used very little of it.

• Like 2

On 9/28/2023 at 8:32 PM, 007ELmO said:

Has anyone used Meta Quest Pro with MSFS?

Yes, & it works really well!

& also use it wirelessly with Oculus AirLink software when VR flying in MSFS,

the Quest Pro still is a good headset…

(using 12900KS & 3090)

On 9/28/2023 at 11:54 PM, mikegrr said:

Hoes the amount of memory  affect the use of VR?

It is unclear what you mean by "memory".

The amount of storage in the VR headset is irrelevant when the headset is tethered to the PC.

The amount of GPU VRAM needed for VR depends on your settings. I had a 10GB 3080 with my Quest 2 and was often at max VRAM capacity, running at mostly high settings.