Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

Why haven't we found aliens. Brian Cox.

1 hour ago, dmwalker said:

There are days when I feel that, in my case, it's 98.9%

😁

3 hours ago, DaviiB said:

Rural is a subjective term. If you lived on a small isolated island in the Pacific ocean with only basic tools, you might be inclined to think the same thing about Earth.

Rural as in sparse and isolated. 

Pacific islanders?  With only basic tools they were able to navigate over vast tracts of ocean.   Human society has developed an understanding of science that means we can mathematically prove time and distance in galactic terms.  Whether we can fully understand the implications of these distances is another matter.  Personally, I don't think we really can - which is why we're having conversations about 'aliens'.

3 hours ago, DaviiB said:

I'm curious to know why you think that in light of everything that has become public in the last few years.

But.....what exactly has come to light in the last few years?  Is there any recognised physical evidence?  

74985761-12476143-In_1994_before_his_death_at_the_age_of_90_Christian_Spurling_con-a-12_1693765706475.jpg

On 10/2/2023 at 5:18 PM, DD_Arthur said:

But.....what exactly has come to light in the last few years?  Is there any recognised physical evidence?  

Only claimed physical evidence that's never been verified

4 hours ago, martin-w said:
On 10/2/2023 at 12:18 PM, DD_Arthur said:

Only claimed physical evidence that's never been verified

I think that's a bit of a downplayed take on the matter no? Since 2017 we've had:

• Revelation of the existence of multiple programs within the DoD which study UFOs / UAP
  • Confirmation from the people involved with those programs that the phenomenon is real
  • The release (leak) of limited, downgraded recordings of unknown objects, with the testimony of the people who made the recordings corroborating their anomalous nature and behaviour.
    • Note that these recordings were unclassified at the time. Subsequent to the release of those videos, the classification specs were changed and ALL pictures and videos of a similar nature within the DoD were made classified.
  • Testimony from the person who leaked the videos confirming the above RE: classification.
  • Legislation brought forward and pushed through by the elected government to create divisions dedicated to the transparent study of the phenomena (<<poor execution on this one)
  • Outright refusal from the US Airforce to cooperate with said division(s).
  • Further specific legislation pushed through to protect whistleblowers from within the DoD and government on the UFO subject, indicating:
    • The elected government is aware that there is an issue and is attempting to get more information from people involved.
  • Proposed legislation from the Senate Majority Leader that reads like this  << Link to the actual document.....indicating:
    • There appear to be programs within the DoD, or other areas (linked to the Department of Energy and Defense Contractors) related to the UAP issue that are being illegally hidden from congress.
  • A decorated whistleblower who has decided to step into the public eye after following the correct procedures (as established by legislation) and having the Inspector General of the Intelligence Community open an investigation. 
    • The whistleblower's claims confirming a long-standing coverup on the UAP issue, among other things.
  • The Inspector General referring the matter to congress, calling the matter "credible and urgent".
  • Multiple respected and credentialed investigative journalists looking into the matter and coming to the conclusion that:
    • It is highly likely the phenomenon is real.
    • There appears to be a long-standing, very effective, ongoing coverup on this issue.
  • Pushback from within the elected government that appears to be attempting to bury or further obfuscate the matter.

....and that barely covers the basics.

As for verification of evidence, I assume you mean by the scientific community......most of the people who are involved, or have stepped forward, are claiming that the vast majority of the evidence and information on this matter is being withheld from the public (i.e. the scientific community).

The actions of the elected government seem to strongly indicate an attempt to secure and release that evidence and information to the public. (Read the proposed amendment linked above.)

Verifiable actions by other elements within the government and DoD appear to be congruent with an attempt to keep information on this subject buried. 

So far, the actions of all significant players seem to fit the narrative no? Looks like the wheels are turning, and someone is trying very hard to get you some evidence you'll be satisfied with.

DB

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaviiB said:

I think that's a bit of a downplayed take on the matter no? Since 2017 we've had:

.....no physical evidence whatsoever. 

I'm really not sure what extra credibility needs to be attatched to 'A decorated whistleblower' ?  I'm a decorated ex-soldier. If I told you the moon is made of blue cheese would my medals lend extra credibility to my claims?

'Multiple respected and credentialed investigative journalists looking into the matter and coming to the conclusion that:'  Did you like my photo of Nessie?:cool:

It seems to me that the actions of all significant players so far fit the narrative that theres not actually much to discover that we don't already know;  the US DoD is a huge, dysfunctional bereaucracy where different factions fight among themselves to keep influence over an enormous budget and human beings - especially airborne ones - make for very unreliable witnesses. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaviiB said:

I think that's a bit of a downplayed take on the matter no? 

No! He asked for physical evidence, not whistleblower claims. That means alien artifacts or organics that can be scientifically deemed to be such. So far there has been only claims that the material exists.

• Revelation of the existence of multiple programs within the DoD which study UFOs / UAP
  • Confirmation from the people involved with those programs that the phenomenon is real
  • The release (leak) of limited, downgraded recordings of unknown objects, with the testimony of the people who made the recordings corroborating their anomalous nature and behaviour.
    • Note that these recordings were unclassified at the time. Subsequent to the release of those videos, the classification specs were changed and ALL pictures and videos of a similar nature within the DoD were made classified.
  • Testimony from the person who leaked the videos confirming the above RE: classification.
  • Legislation brought forward and pushed through by the elected government to create divisions dedicated to the transparent study of the phenomena (<<poor execution on this one)
  • Outright refusal from the US Airforce to cooperate with said division(s).
  • Further specific legislation pushed through to protect whistleblowers from within the DoD and government on the UFO subject, indicating:
    • The elected government is aware that there is an issue and is attempting to get more information from people involved.
  • Proposed legislation from the Senate Majority Leader that reads like this  << Link to the actual document.....indicating:
    • There appear to be programs within the DoD, or other areas (linked to the Department of Energy and Defense Contractors) related to the UAP issue that are being illegally hidden from congress.
  • A decorated whistleblower who has decided to step into the public eye after following the correct procedures (as established by legislation) and having the Inspector General of the Intelligence Community open an investigation. 
    • The whistleblower's claims confirming a long-standing coverup on the UAP issue, among other things.
  • The Inspector General referring the matter to congress, calling the matter "credible and urgent".
  • Multiple respected and credentialed investigative journalists looking into the matter and coming to the conclusion that:
    • It is highly likely the phenomenon is real.
    • There appears to be a long-standing, very effective, ongoing coverup on this issue.
  • Pushback from within the elected government that appears to be attempting to bury or further obfuscate the matter.

None of the above is physical evidence of the existence of alien visitors. 

As for verification of evidence, I assume you mean by the scientific community......most of the people who are involved, or have stepped forward, are claiming that the vast majority of the evidence and information on this matter is being withheld from the public (i.e. the scientific community).

Exactly, claims, there is no scientific evidence. 

I've been interested in UFOs since I was about 8 years old, and I've read dozens of books on the subject over the years.

What I've concluded is that there is a lot of *anecdotal* evidence of UFOs, and quite a bit of it for actual alien beings.  However, there is yet no concrete proof of the existence of UFOs or alien visitation.

Personally, I believe that there are many alien lifeforms throughout the galaxy, though I cannot prove this.

The Arecibo transmission is something I didn't know about and could very well be the thing that gets detected by an advanced alien civilization in our galaxy.  The problem here is that they'd need to be relatively close for the discovery to be meaningful (if it takes 500 years for the aliens to detect the signal and then another 500 years for us to receive a reply then only humans 1000 years from now will enjoy the benefit of the discovery).

In the near term, I believe that the best chance of discovering alien life is by ourselves being discovered by a highly advanced alien race that happens to be surveying our part of the galaxy.

Talk of Dyson Spheres and ring worlds and such may be interesting, but it doesn't really add much to the discussion. I prefer to stick to real world knowledge and facts when discussing alien life and UFOs. 

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

6 hours ago, dave2013 said:

However, there is yet no concrete proof of the existence of UFOs or alien visitation.

That’s the issue. The general public hasn’t seen concrete proof, but that’s not to say the figures lurking deep in secret programs/DoD haven’t seen it. Some have admitted to seeing it, but we’re still left in the dark wondering if what they’ve seen is credible or if they’re telling the truth. 

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

9 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

The general public hasn’t seen concrete proof, but that’s not to say the figures lurking deep in secret programs/DoD haven’t seen it.

I have suspected for a long time that some people in certain govt. agencies do know the truth because they've actually recovered alien craft and perhaps bodies. 

Books such as "Top Secret/Majic: Operation Majestic 12 and the United States Government's UFO Cover-up" by Dr. Stanton Friedman and "The Day After Roswell" by retired Colonel Philip Corso do make one wonder.  However, it seems improbable to me that highly advanced beings able to travel here from light years away would crash their vessel, although even the most advanced technology can fail, so it is possible.

My other theory is that the U.S. Govt. seized on the UFO sensation of the day and decided to exploit it to cover up what they were actually doing, like developing and testing advanced fighter aircraft and other defense systems.  They started Project Sign, then Project Grudge, and finally Project Blue Book to pretend that they took it seriously as part of the cover-up.

Dave

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

Wouldn't it be wonderful if there were intelligent life somewhere in the universe? Especially, since there is none on planet Earth. However, this intelligent life form would have to be so smart, if it wants to continue to exist, that it would not make itself known to the human species when it has seen how we treat other life forms and our own habitat.

• Like 3

On 10/4/2023 at 11:26 AM, dave2013 said:

However, there is yet no concrete proof of the existence of UFOs or alien visitation.

Does my rabid aversion to "rectal probes" count as at least anecdotal proof?  🤔

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

4 hours ago, n4gix said:

Does my rabid aversion to "rectal probes" count as at least anecdotal proof?

If that's the case then 99% of us have been abducted!

Time for some hypnotherapy.

Dave

14 hours ago, n4gix said:

Does my rabid aversion to "rectal probes" count as at least anecdotal proof?  🤔

2c4eqd.jpg

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

He's using the wrong finger! 🤪

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556