Sign in to follow this  
Langeveldt

FSLTL 1.6 released with separation

2 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

Can you share your config?

Sure, I just have 2 changed from default in relation to taxi times and 3 related to Take Off and Rollout. Everything else I've left at default for now. Those times give a more realistic take off roll for Heavies especially.

--TAXI PUSHBACK PARAMETERS--
AIPushbackHoldTime=60 

--TAXI OUT TO-THE-LINE PARAMETERS--
AIEnforceFullStop=1 

--TAKE-OFF & LANDING ROLLOUT PARAMETERS--
AILandingTargetTime=4 
AITakeoffTargetTime=35 
AIHeavyRollOutExtraTime=10 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

I wanted actual lived experiences of what the build was like, hence asking if anyone had flown it while I was unable to.  But Discord posts are helpful while I dislike using it myself, and are appreciated.  Often what a developer says, and a lived experience in a complex simulator are not always the same thing (not aimed at FSLTL in particular).  

So in the spirit of a lived experience, I flew into Agadir with 15 ground and 15 aerial traffic with 50km radius.  Spacing was fine ahead of me.  There was a Swiss routing in on the VOR DME approach behind me that had to go around before I had even touched down, and I was doing VREF speed.  Will report further.  

I'm assuming the separation has to do with AI vs AI and nothing to do with my plane being in the mix. Else I wouldn't have had a Swiss bearing down on me.  But will look further.  It certainly has the AI vs AI component down perfectly.    

Edited by Langeveldt

I find the AI Ground app works a bit better for me, I just disabled separation in FSLTL. You can increase the take off time, on top of excellent parameters for separation in AI Ground. Before, an A320 for example would begin its roll and would be in the air 100mts down the runway, same with heavies.

I was also having huge TCAS conflicts on approach to Heathrow mostly, where a jet would drop down into my flight path from above. Plus, 4 or 5 jets in a row doing go arounds for no reason. AI Ground fixed all that and it works seamlessly with FSLTL so for me its a no brainer.

Edited by El Diablito

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

5 hours ago, ThomseN_inc said:

What's actually the problem so many people seem to have with Discord?

5 hours ago, MarcG said:

give them a simple chat platform and they're totally lost 🤷‍♂️

The problem with Discord and why people are "totally lost" is because a typical Discord chat is as follows:

User 1: hey guys. Can anyone tell me why I'm having trouble with [X].

User 2: OMG, this [Y] livery is lit.

User 3: 😅 I just did a Harrison Ford and landed on a taxiway.

User 4: wen [Z] feature?

User 5: This chat is so dead.

User 2: As dead as User 3's virtual passengers.

User 4: Sick burn.

User 3: @ User 2 — Reported for hate speech.

Admin: Please keep things civil.

User 1: Hello, guys?

User 6: wen [W] feature?

User 7: why no [V] feature?

[User 1 gives up and deletes Discord].

😆

Edited by F737MAX
  • Like 24
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

There is a new update:

FSLTL Traffic Injector Stable 1.6.1 available in FBW installer

Bug Fixes 
Removed some SU13 beta version check code that prevented the injector from connecting to the sim for a very small number of users

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

2 hours ago, F737MAX said:

The problem with Discord and why people are "totally lost" is because a typical Discord chat is as follows:

User 1: hey guys. Can anyone tell me why I'm having trouble with [X].

User 2: OMG, this [Y] livery is lit.

User 3: 😅 I just did a Harrison Ford and landed on a taxiway.

User 4: wen [Z] feature?

User 5: This chat is so dead.

User 2: As dead as User 3's virtual passengers.

User 4: Sick burn.

User 3: @ User 2 — Reported for hate speech.

Admin: Please keep things civil.

User 1: Hello, guys?

User 6: wen [W] feature?

User 7: why no [V] feature?

[User 1 gives up and deletes Discord].

😆

That literally made me laugh out loud. Yes, you nailed it!  

As far as an actual answer to the OPs question. I have done 2 flights today with V1.6.1 and I have not been run through one time.  An airport where I am constantly ran over, ran trough or run through someonelse is KPHX and it did not happen like it usually does. It was getting to the point I'd shut off FSLTL just before final approach fix in PHX. It also looks like airplanes are not running into each other as much, but more testing is required.  The AI does seem to be giving more space to my aircraft and other AI aircraft.  Kudos to FSLTL.  Still thinking of trying PSXT.

6 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Change just frightens some folks, I guess.

especially when there is no exclusive benefit or it comes with too high a price.

options, choices, alternatives. trying to make the best out of available time, trying to avoid information and noise overload.

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Some observations

AI Offline (I use 50% for GAmod) in SU13 has improved a bit with cruise altitudes. GA traffic no longer hang low and skim over buildings and powerlines.

Tried the AIGround program with FSLTL separation off and got weird results with GA taxing. @01:25 in the video with your settings @El Diablito

Rest of the video is with AI Ground off and these FSLTL settings.

Notice at the end the video the Spirit does a last minute go around since the FuzzAir plane didn't fully clear the active runway.

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

12 hours ago, El Diablito said:

I find the AI Ground app works a bit better for me, I just disabled separation in FSLTL. You can increase the take off time, on top of excellent parameters for separation in AI Ground. Before, an A320 for example would begin its roll and would be in the air 100mts down the runway, same with heavies.

I was also having huge TCAS conflicts on approach to Heathrow mostly, where a jet would drop down into my flight path from above. Plus, 4 or 5 jets in a row doing go arounds for no reason. AI Ground fixed all that and it works seamlessly with FSLTL so for me its a no brainer.

and you don't use  AI flow? just AI Ground? cause what make the separation is the AI flow tool which is the alternative to the fslt separation system

10 hours ago, aniiran said:

That literally made me laugh out loud. Yes, you nailed it!  

As far as an actual answer to the OPs question. I have done 2 flights today with V1.6.1 and I have not been run through one time.  An airport where I am constantly ran over, ran trough or run through someonelse is KPHX and it did not happen like it usually does. It was getting to the point I'd shut off FSLTL just before final approach fix in PHX. It also looks like airplanes are not running into each other as much, but more testing is required.  The AI does seem to be giving more space to my aircraft and other AI aircraft.  Kudos to FSLTL.  Still thinking of trying PSXT.

You don't need to shut off, click the FSLTL icon and then remove planes around you...

• Like 1

Good morning!

Since new FSLTL update, at LEMD (only I've seen this problem there until now), some of the parked aircraft are parallel to the gates. Does anyone have this too? 

As for the Aiflow and Aiground, tried with both, as before, but now, since 5 flights done since update, best results with only Aiground.

2 hours ago, Bond said:

You don't need to shut off, click the FSLTL icon and then remove planes around you...

Amazing, it is a simple app, and users don't take a few minutes to learn how to use it. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 hours ago, michdb8 said:

and you don't use  AI flow? just AI Ground? cause what make the separation is the AI flow tool which is the alternative to the fslt separation system

Yeah you don't need AI Flow for this to work properly. AI Ground works fine by itself.

6 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

Tried the AIGround program with FSLTL separation off and got weird results with GA taxing. @01:25 in the video with your settings @El Diablito

That is strange. I should say that I have GA traffic completely turned off myself so have never experienced this.

Edited by El Diablito

1 hour ago, Henrique Santos said:

Good morning!

Since new FSLTL update, at LEMD (only I've seen this problem there until now), some of the parked aircraft are parallel to the gates. Does anyone have this too? 

As for the Aiflow and Aiground, tried with both, as before, but now, since 5 flights done since update, best results with only Aiground.

if your using lvfr lemd the problem with parallel parked aircraft has been there for ages , i reported in last year but never fixed.. http://www.latinvfr.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1361#p6669