Sign in to follow this  
Langeveldt

FSLTL 1.6 released with separation

Seems there is a new build of this fantastic tool out that boasts "AI separation".  Has anyone played around with this and seen the results?  And does it react to the user aircraft?  I've lost track of the amount of times I have had an aircraft cut in front of me or overtake me on final.  It's 2023 and I really hope we don't have to wait until Beyond ATC to stop this from happening.  So does the separation apply to our AC as well?  

have  you  tried  their  discord  channel

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

36 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

have  you  tried  their  discord  channel

I tend to shy away from anything Discord.  I know some people love it, but I don't.  I was away at my girlfriends but can fire up flight sim later today.  Was just wondering what people's thoughts were about the update.  

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Langeveldt said:

I tend to shy away from anything Discord.  I know some people love it, but I don't.  I was away at my girlfriends but can fire up flight sim later today.  Was just wondering what people's thoughts were about the update.  

The separation has been a thing on the experimental FSLTL injector for some time now. I recommend you get on their Discord if you use FSLTL or you may have issues and you won't know what is causing them. I'm not going to copy and paste here everything that's been said about separation there, I'll just leave an important recommendation they posted and a part of the release notes:

IMPORTANT
The separation option is NOT to be used in conjunction with AI Ground / AI Flow / AI Separation.  If you want/need to keep using those tools, turn OFF the separation option in the FSLTL injector.  They will conflict with each other and lead to less than optimal results.  We consider that combination as 'unsurpported'.

FSLTL Injector 1.6.0:

Improvements
The injector workaround for the long-landing bug introduced in the sim with SU12 is removed, as this has been fixed in SU13 by Asobo.
Separation config setting:  ENABLED by default.  (Unless you already have this setting in your config file and it's already set to 'No')
Injector handles an approach queue per airport, and as runways are allocated, runway per airport
Reduces speed of following aircraft to maintain reasonable separation of aircraft on approach
Enforces speed rules to AI on final approach, below 4000 ft, to help with seperation
Aircraft holding for departure will continue to hold if any approaching aircraft are on final within 10km of runway
Aircraft holding will also maintain hold until landing aircraft begin braking for runway exit, reducing the chances of aircraft taking off while arriving aircraft are still on the runway
Departing aircraft entering the runway will use higher taxi speeds for runway lineup, speeding up departure significantly
Egress Optimizations:  As part of the Separation Control feature, we've added egress speed optimizations to assist aircraft in exiting the runway in a timely fashion.  You may notice aircraft speed change abruptly as they leave the runway with this turned on.
NOTE:  This feature is turned on/off with the Separation Control setting.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I saw the title and was hoping it was the base that was updated. It’s just the injector.

• Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

46 minutes ago, Langeveldt said:

More and more  , developers are moving to Discord. If you want to stay in the loop, that is the direction things are heading. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

More and more  , developers are moving to Discord. If you want to stay in the loop, that is the direction things are heading. 

Hence the reason we have forums like this, so folks that use discord can report here for people that don’t want to use discord 😉 

• Like 15
  • Upvote 7

5 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Hence the reason we have forums like this, so folks that use discord can report here for people that don’t want to use discord 😉 

If you are waiting for other people to do your work for you and copy and paste here everything that is posted there, you are in for a big disappointment.

• Like 2

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

12 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Which is like looking  up something on Google, and then sending people an email about what you found. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

29 minutes ago, Alvega said:

If you are waiting for other people to do your work for you and copy and paste here everything that is posted there, you are in for a big disappointment.

You mean like everyone does every week with the msfs update?

You mean like somebody does each time there is a minor update? 

You mean like somebody does each time there is a new product release? 

Hence one of the reasons of these forums.  I don’t use discord and I’ve had zero problems. Avsim normally has the latest info, and if it doesn’t the msfs forum does. 

So to answer your question, yes, somebody else will ‘do the work’ although I’d hardly call it work… 

• Like 12
  • Upvote 5

25 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Which is like looking  up something on Google, and then sending people an email about what you found. 

No, it’s not. At all. It’s about providing the latest dev updates here in this forum for people that don’t use discord. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

What's actually the problem so many people seem to have with Discord? Or is it just that "new, colorful thing that all the youong people are using" issue?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

3 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

What's actually the problem so many people seem to have with Discord? Or is it just that "new, colorful thing that all the youong people are using" issue?

It's not to everyones liking which is totally fair enough, what I don't get is when people say it's "difficult" to use - which it isn't, it's a very very good real time texting software which has bundles of features. I've said it before many times now, people round here can fly complex aircraft with multiple systems, give them a simple chat platform and they're totally lost 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Has anyone tried the FSLTL injector update? Noticed any difference? I forgot I had FS Traffic running in the background...still surprised how little FSTraffic hits performance all while airports are completely full of traffic.

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

43 minutes ago, MarcG said:

it's a very very good real time texting software

Of which I am way too slow for, so no Discord for me either. 😉

• Like 4