Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

VRInsight 737 Overhead Overview

I thought some of you may like to take a close up look at the VRInsight Boeing 737 Overhead panel that I have just installed.... 

• Like 18

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

It's a stunning setup.  Wish you the best with it!!  Quick question though and don't want it to come off as silly but does it only work with the 737?  Obviously I wouldn't expect every function to work on other aircraft but do basic things like lights, passenger sigs etc work or is it strictly for the 737 (which I am not saying is a bad thing if that is the case)  

Just curious,

Thank you

• Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Great vids you have made about the OVH. That helps others who are also interested in it…

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

8 hours ago, psolk said:

It's a stunning setup.  Wish you the best with it!!  Quick question though and don't want it to come off as silly but does it only work with the 737?  Obviously I wouldn't expect every function to work on other aircraft but do basic things like lights, passenger sigs etc work or is it strictly for the 737 (which I am not saying is a bad thing if that is the case)  

Just curious,

Thank you

The beauty of spad next is you can create your own aircraft specific profiles and assigns buttons and switches to do whatever you like. So hardware like this gets a chance to live multiple life’s. 

• Like 4

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

13 hours ago, psolk said:

Just curious,

Thank you

Hi Paul, not a silly question at all. I'm unsure, I think you could get it to work with other aircraft, you would have to create a specific profile by configuring the different switches and knobs via SPAD. But, as I say, I'm not sure. EDIT: I see Dave has replied to you confirming my thoughts about SPAD.

Edited by Rockliffe
  • Like 2

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

3 hours ago, GSalden said:

Great vids you have made about the OVH. That helps others who are also interested in it…

Hi Gerard, many thanks. Yes, I've been around simmning for years and have often thought how I could give back to the community with something I am experienced with, and also get enjoyment from, so making videos seemed like a good way of doing that. :wink: 

• Like 1

Howard

17 hours ago, psolk said:

Just curious,

Thank you

Using SPAD to run it, I use mine for all airliners and turboprops that I fly.  I also use some of the switches for piston planes (lights and any deice/anti-ice).  Makes it easier for me to transition between planes as I am basically using the same devices for everything.  I absolutely love this panel.

• Upvote 1

Thank you @Rockliffe and @Little Jenny among others for the feedback.  This could very well be my next investment... Now I have OI4FS for my Opencockpit modules, GoFlight working, this would really bring it all together.

Thank you again and fabulous piece of kit!

• Like 2

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

16 hours ago, psolk said:

Thank you @Rockliffe and @Little Jenny among others for the feedback.  This could very well be my next investment... Now I have OI4FS for my Opencockpit modules, GoFlight working, this would really bring it all together.

Thank you again and fabulous piece of kit!

I love helping other people spend money.  Hehehe...

7 hours ago, Little Jenny said:

I love helping other people spend money.  Hehehe...

Then you should feel very happy with yourself right now as mine is on order 🙂  LOL!@!  @Rockliffe you should get advertising dollars from them LOL.

@Little Jenny what other aircraft do you have configurations for if you don't mind me asking? 

Thank you!

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

9 hours ago, psolk said:

Then you should feel very happy with yourself right now as mine is on order 🙂  LOL!@!  @Rockliffe you should get advertising dollars from them LOL.

@Little Jenny what other aircraft do you have configurations for if you don't mind me asking? 

Thank you!

Hee hee, yes I know Paul. I did send a link for each of the videos I have made to Chris Han at VRI, he was appreciative, but perhaps I should send him an invoice! :biggrin:

• Like 1

Howard

14 hours ago, psolk said:

Thank you!

Congratulations!!!!  I'm sure you won't be disappointed.  😉  

Currently I use mine in the 737 (obviously), 787, A320, CRJ, MD-82 and eventually the 146 (when I finally start flying it).  I also use it in the TBM, Twin Otter and EMB-110 (been working on a Caravan profile but haven't flown it in a bit).  Basically any aircraft I can find a way to use it I do.  I used to use a Desktop Aviator Cessna panel for lights and such but it's in the pile of retired hardware.  

How did you do the mounting?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

20 minutes ago, micstatic said:

I am trying to figure that one out myself but can think of two maybe three options.  Tripod stand behind the desk, desk mounted extension arm or wall mounted tv stand with extension arm and tilt/angle funcitonality...

Something like this... single-monitor-wall-mount-arm-558112_1800x1800.jpg?v=1687303050

Edited by psolk
  • Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

3 hours ago, micstatic said:

Hi Dave, it's mounted directly onto 18mm MDF board with four screws that go into the rear of the OH. Very straightforward.

• Like 1

Howard