Sign in to follow this  
F737MAX

LatinVFR long haul airliners coming soon

2 minutes ago, LVFRicardo said:

We are not going to send 'cease and desist'.

We are trying to build these planes from scratch with our own code. Its about our future and long term commitment.

Horizon people are good people and we helped them out in the past with our files before being released. We are just stopping cooperation now for the A330/A340.

Ah I understand now, thanks for the clarification. Sorry if I mis-interpreted your original messaging.

The Horizon devs have also said on their discord they don’t plan on modding the 330/340

Meanwhile headwind made an announcement basically saying completion is healthy and they don’t plan on stopping their freeware A330S. 

From the Horizon Sim discord

Hey @everyone,

With the recent news from LatinVFR announcing the A330 and A340 projects, we have also seen some comments on their Facebook page and since then we have received official confirmation from them on other channels that any mod for their A330 and A340 will not be officially supported, and therefore we're making this announcement to make sure that we're as clear and as transparent with you as we possibly can be.

We have for long considered LatinVFR a partner who we have enjoyed working together with, and we have enjoyed creating mods for their Airbus lineup as well. However the decision that they have made where they will be blocking any further mod development from our end, or from anyone else's end for their latest products made us re-evaluate our choices also.

As of Wednesday the 18th October 2023 version 2.2 of the A318ceo, A319ceo, A320ceo and the A321neo will go live on flightsim.to

Following this release most, if not all of the development will stop on the LatinVFR Airbuses, and we will only issue small, incremental fixes in the future if necessary.

We are not making this decision lightly, and we understand that us as Horizon Simulations have grown by making mods for the LatinVFR products. We also understand that you as the members of our community may see this as a bit of a combative move and you may not agree with us on this however we have other projects that we are going to focus all of our development efforts on, such as the Boeing 787-8, Boeing 787-9, and Boeing 747-8 family.

Stay tuned for future updates, and for announcements of potential upcoming projects from us. For now all of those are a secret, but you might start seeing progress updates about them sooner rather than later.

--
All the best,
Horizon Simulations Team <:HorizonSimulations:1135146273956180029>

Edited by Tuskin38

1 hour ago, LVFRicardo said:

Yes, thats how the A340-300 will be released. It will be ready for vatsim on day one. And the same thing will happen with the A330-900. And eventually with the A330-200CEO which will also have a Cargo version.

We are working and will continue to improve these planes over time. Our A32x family will also get avionics and systems upgrades.

And about the mods, we appreciate Horizons and others doing that, but we never encouraged nor told our customers do use mods for our planes. We allowed it for the A32x family because when the A321neo was released it was default, but it won't be permitted for the A330/A340 family.

But we have worked our way up, and we are continuing to work it up.

We have a team now assembled working on these planes and the idea is not high fidelity or study level but middle of the market types, for now.

Might as well start throwing your money down the drain.. Expect a lot of non returning customers after that statement.. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jmknights said:

Might as well start throwing your money down the drain.. Expect a lot of non returning customers after that statement.. 

They said they’re improving the avionics and systems for the A340. Maybe wait for that first?

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, jmknights said:

Remember that the Xbox crowd doesn't have access to the mods that we do on the PC side.  LVFR has a potential large audience for their products, I'm sure (I have their A319 and yes, it has the Horizon mod but I have no plans for any Bus purchases right now).  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LVFRicardo said:

It will be ready for vatsim on day one. And the same thing will happen with the A330-900. And eventually with the A330-200CEO which will also have a Cargo version.

So, it will do holds, ToD, VNAV, Rnav etc., when released this week? Or is that part of the avionics update next week?

7 minutes ago, BrammyH said:

So, it will do holds, ToD, VNAV, Rnav etc., when released this week? Or is that part of the avionics update next week?

The A330-neo on release won't be vatsim level. The A340-300 will be, and at that same time the A330neo will get the update.

The A330neo as it will be on release will have VNAV and TOD. We are finishing up the Navigation side and it will be ready for vatsim.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Little Jenny said:

Remember that the Xbox crowd doesn't have access to the mods that we do on the PC side.  LVFR has a potential large audience for their products, I'm sure (I have their A319 and yes, it has the Horizon mod but I have no plans for any Bus purchases right now).  

Without a doubt that's true.. but a large reason why their products sold were because of Horizon Sim. I for one only purchased every LVFR Airbus because the HS mods made them acceptable to fly.. Shutting off the 3rd party community in my eyes is sucide. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LVFRicardo said:

The A330-neo on release won't be vatsim level. The A340-300 will be, and at that same time the A330neo will get the update

Thank you.

I am glad you are going for "good enough for vatsim" level. 

22 minutes ago, LVFRicardo said:

The A330-neo on release won't be vatsim level. The A340-300 will be, and at that same time the A330neo will get the update.

The A330neo as it will be on release will have VNAV and TOD. We are finishing up the Navigation side and it will be ready for vatsim.

There is no Vatsim on XBOX and this is majority of the audience you are selling to or the desperate on P.C. Guess no more scenery coming soon?

Edited by JBDB-MD80

Custom sounds and cockpit?  If I can fly an A340 with those things and at a high enough level of fidelity to be usable in vatsim count me in 😀

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

3 minutes ago, EnSnellHest said:

The only think making me fly the LVFR Airbuses are the Horizon mods.

What a shame you wont allow them to work on the A330/340...

They are not getting paid to mod their aircraft?

15 minutes ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

Guess no more scenery coming soon?

They announced months ago they're done with scenery.

Edited by Tuskin38

10 minutes ago, EnSnellHest said:

The only think making me fly the LVFR Airbuses are the Horizon mods.

What a shame you wont allow them to work on the A330/340...

We apologized to Horizons if anything we said was taken out of context or wrongly intended. We are open to keep helping them mod our A32x family in the meantime, and leaving open the possibility of doing something with the A330/A340 in the future. But the plan is to have the A330/A340 family to be vatsim level at least. Later on we can see what if anything, Horizons wants to do or can do.

Edited by DanMorera