Sign in to follow this  
Guest jcmckeown

Blurries and contention (round 2)

jcmckeown Sorry, I too was secretly hoping for a fix. A fix that never came. Instead, it was more important to give us cockpit shadows that to address the single most glaring problem with FSX post RTM. BLURRIES. What good is FSX with blurry textures? FS2004 may not have the terrain resolution capabilities of FSX but at least it's not blurry. And in that sense it is better than FSX because the 4.8 meter per pixel resolution is clearer than 1m per pixel in FSX. Phil has stated that there will be no further updates to FSX. They are moving on to FS11. I'm sure I've got the attention of the ACES team. Better than that, my wallet, or the lack thereof will certainly get their attention. The 3rd party developers have got there attention as well. FSX is a disaster. Now, a little note to the ACES team for FS11. All of these FSX.CFG tweaks need to stop. If users MUST tweak your sim I would advise giving them the ability to do so in the GUI. That would certainly be a step in the right direction.

I have no problem with your rant-until you made the attack on Phil.That is cause for permanent removal from avsim.It is now 17:13z. I'll give you 6 hours to pm me and ask me to remove that part of your post. If I don't hear from you I have no recourse but to remove you from avsim.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgForum Moderatorhttp://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

>FSX is a complete and utter failure in my case. Well, there you have it in a nutshell. "IN YOUR CASE" is the key phrase."IN MY CASE" it works like a champ!So who's right? Both of us but to make blanket statements that "FSX is junk" is flat out idiotic. For many people it is the exact opposite.So you had a problem, big deal - welcome to the club. Figure out how to fix your hardware driver issues before you take the program to task.IF it runs just fine on some systems, I suggest you throw away the $3700 and start over , only this time set up your system differently.I know that's a simplistic comment but I'm trying to make a point, I don't really expect you to do that. You just haven't found the combination that works for you.Good luckQ6600 G0 CPU 2.4 o/c 3.6Evga 680i A1 with P30 BIOS 2G XP2-8500 DDR2 1066FSB Mushkin 996535 RAM 5-5-4-12-2T320G 7200 HD partitioned for XP/Vista/Programs 2 - 74G Raptors in RAID0 500G 7200 HD for backup SATA DVD burner Evga 8800GTS 640 PCIx Kandalf LCS case w/ built in liquid cooling 850W Thermaltake power supplyVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-supporter-sigbanner.jpgRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

There is no combintation that works for me. I'm a hardware/software tech of 16 years. I know how to build and run my systems. There is an elusive problem here and it is not just MY CASE! Many others have the same exact issue. If it were so easy a fix and something as rudimentary as a driver issue I would think that someone would have found the answer by now. FSX RTM does not exibit the blurries on the same hardware, same drivers etc. DX9 or 10 it doesn't matter Post RTM has serious issues with scenery drawing period. I think it's time to stop blaming the customer and find a fix. Mr. Moderator, I'll remove anything that blames the ACES team from my post. I would hate to get banned from your website which construes common sense business practice as attacking someone.

What exactly are your concerns? Do I have to share your opinion to remain a member here even though I have been for the past 11 years? Please, by all means, remove from my post anything that you deem an attack on Phil or the Aces team. It's your board.

Geofa, et all,First, I am sorry that you have caught the blurries. You were my hope and "shinning armour" since our PCs were similar with blurries (mine) and yours (without). Somehow our computers must have gotten together and mine has infected yours with the "B". (LOL) I fly using all the views on long term or short term flights. I would guess that 90% of the time I get the start of blurries during the outside views they will ususally remain while switching views. If I stayed focused in the cockpit I feel I would miss alot of beautiful scenery. Anyway I have tried a fresh FSX.cfg and no good; turned off virus checker, no change; however, there is a little glimmer of hope after I uninstalled Acceleration. I still have the blurries but not as bad, if that is possible. I have also experienced (before SP2- Accel) lack of blurries on some days and blurries 70% of time (subjective) on other days. With all this "Blurry Stuff" I may be going blurry crazy with FS9, thinking that the blurries are going to start"popping up" there any day although I have never experienced blurries in FS9. The sad part is there are so many of us that have this dreaded disease with out any real cure. Just not sure if a faster more powerful PC will cure the situation.Regards to all and hope there will be a cure soon.CarlDell E-510 Core 1, P4-3.4ghz, 2gram, 7600gs/256mb,XP,UTX, acceleration (uninstalled at this time.)

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I can confirm-it is cycling the outside views that cause blurries on my rig.I wonder if all the views are stored in a cache of some kind-which eventually fills up and causes these.Since I don't normally use these views that explains why I don't normally see blurries. I'd really be curious if this is what ultimately causes some to see them and others to not.If I fly in the cockpit-and only occasionally look at an outside view I don't get them at all. Cycle thru a bunch and I can produce them pronto.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgForum Moderatorhttp://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

That is very interesting. When I get back home sometime next week I will certainly try only cockpit view (usually use VC most of time if clickable). There is no doubt when the blurries start I remain outside the cockpit trying to fix the blurries by tweaking. I even used a diffrent set of glasses thinking it must be my eyes...... Another challenge. Hope some others can comment on this one.Thanks,Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hi everyone,Is Service Pack 1 compulsory to make FSX work correctly ?For instance, there are some sceneries that require SP1 or SP2 to work, namely Mega Airport Brussels X from Aerosoft :

System requirements for FSX:Flight Simulator X with Service Pack 1 (Download at www.fsinsider.com) OR FSX Accelaration Pack
Are sceneries, aircraft and tools working with RTM FSX ?Regards,;-)Damien - LFQQ.http://damiendelille.free.fr/Cliparts/Avion.gif

Guest Dave65

I got some news that I just can't believe it happened,but it did.A friend of mine has the EXACT computer I do,except I have XP Home,he has Pro,that is the only difference,I built his with exactly the same hardware I got and he has all the addons I do including ASX/X Graphics as I do,and he has no blurries what so ever,same bios,same memory,same CPU @ 3.6,neither one of us had Accelerator yet.#### we even have the same firewall/anti virus,but he has no blurries at all,not even @ 5000 ft,mine I cant tell roads from lawn @ 5000 ft,his is nice and crisp.One thing,I get a bit better frame rates than he does,same video card,8800 GTX.I am sure puzzled over this.

Guest h9000

>Well, there you have it in a nutshell. "IN YOUR CASE" is the key >phrase.>"IN MY CASE" it works like a champ!>So who's right? Both of us but to make blanket statements that "FSX is >junk" is flat out idiotic. For many people it is the exact opposite.This is nonsense. When you sell a software, it is suppose to work. Not to work sometimes, when the client is lucky.If a doctor kills half of his patients, or a airline pilot crash half of his planes, you won't tell they are good just because you have been lucky to be the right patient / to be in the right plane.I buy FSX, it's awfully blurry, even on a high-end computer, so it is junk. That's all.

Guest n99wb

"One thing,I get a bit better frame rates than he does,same video card,8800 GTX."I'd be swapping some parts. What about environment?

Guest h9000

Sounds very interesting. I have XP Pro and blurries. I am going to install XP Home on a spare partition and I will tell you more about that soon.