Sign in to follow this  
Guest jcmckeown

Blurries and contention (round 2)

Guest S77th-GOYA

As crazy as it sounds to me, it's worth looking into.Which model monitors do you and your friend have and which model Samsung do you have? And did you change refresh rate?I have a Samsung SyncMaster 1100DF 21" CRT and have bad blurries. I use 75Hz refresh rate.

Hi All,Well, as input to the XP Home/Pro discusssion:I have XP PRO (Never had Home, except on my laptop), and I have the blurries with SP1.And just for info, my specs (AFAIR, I'm at work now):P4/3.0GHz on MSI MB, Hyperthreading enabled3GB RAM, Dual Channel, 800MHz2x120 GB SATA HDD in RAID1ATI 1950PRO AGP/500MB DDR3, No control panel, ATI Tray ToolsAudigy ZSSaitek X35/36 combo, CH PRO USB pedals, TrackirLatest drivers all over the place...This may not be state of the art, but the components work together very well, and overall it's a very 'smooth' machine.But it has the blurries in FSX/SP1....BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

After reading all those posts I thought that I would jump in too.Indeed my pc shows no blurries.To see if a monitor would change things I connected my pc to my sons lcd screen instead of my monitor or projectors.The scenery stayed clear like always.I have flown at 240 knots at 2500 ft over Schiphol and Amsterdam and back with many clouds and ASX online.Incredible view.In my DX10 post I explain how I configure my pc and fs.Summary :1 I install Windows2 I install all latest hw drivers3 All Windows updates installed4 Nod32 ,Diskeeper ProPremier,Advanced System Optimizer,Registry Mechanic and HitmanPro get installed5 I check for Spyware and then run DK6 I make shortcuts for the Temp folders 7 I shutdown many services8 After installing a utility or program DK is being run9 Fs gets installed10 Other addons are being installed11 Index service for harddrives is uncheckedBefore running Fs I empty the temp files and run ASO,RM and DK.All this keeps my pc in optimal condition.Ofcoarse fast hw is also important.Windows and Fs are on a Raptor Raid 0 config,while my scenery and Fs addon programs are on a seconds Raid 0 config.Hopefully my post can help.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

>which blurries do you mean?>In my case I get blurries all the time with SP1/SP2, not just photo scenery, and thats with no autogen and eveything turned down except for those settings needed to produce sharp ground textures. Thats with 16xAF. Post # 17 in this thread has all my test results between RTM and SP1, along with the screenshots. Even with everything cranked up in RTM I don't see the blurries I do in SP1/Sp2 with everything turned down. There's more details in post # 17, but here's few of the images from the test. The first one is SP1, and the second and third are after a simple uninstall of SP1. I flew in a straight direction going full speed. What is seen here is representative of how the textures keep up in RTM, but not SP1/SP2. http://sio.midco.net/FTP4/SP1d.jpghttp://sio.midco.net/FTP4/SP1c.jpghttp://sio.midco.net/FTP4/RTM.jpg

Yours is a most confusing case, because look at your hardware and look at mine.Almost identical. Yet I don't get blurries.But, to say that's sw is an argument without logical underpinning, since we run the same code.What power supply are you running?Have you turned off your overclock (both on the vid card, and cpu?)?Answering with, "I've already tried all of that" is not allowed. :)RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

One thing that I don't think I have seen mentioned-Run a disk check/scan of your hardisk! My computer/ right click your drive-tools-error checking-check now-automatically fix system errors/scan and attempt recovery of bad sectors.Just today I was starting to get slow disk response (not just fs) and textures did not look as crisp. Ran a disk check and there were quite a few errors that needed correcting. Back to smooth sailing now.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgForum Moderatorhttp://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

>What power supply are you running?>>Have you turned off your overclock (both on the vid card, and>cpu?)?>>Answering with, "I've already tried all of that" is not>allowed. :)>LOL Yeah I've gone back to stock clocks on the MBD, mem, HTT, etc, as well as the video card, though I did not actually restore defaults or clear NVRAM on the board. The power supply is an Antec True Power-II 550.

>>The power supply is an Antec True Power-II 550. Have you ever tested your rig with a different power supply?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

>>>>The power supply is an Antec True Power-II 550. >>Have you ever tested your rig with a different power supply?>Nope. The neo power was known to have issues with this board so I went with the TPII.

Wait a minute, now we are talking POWER SUPPLIES! You guys are all cracked. I have definitive evidence that the blurries are directly correlated to the STOCK MARKET. LOLjja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

>>>>>>The power supply is an Antec True Power-II 550. >>>>Have you ever tested your rig with a different power supply?>>>>Nope. The neo power was known to have issues with this board>so I went with the TPII. I heard the same about TPII *and* Neo, back when I was researching this build.You might want to test it with another p/s before spending all the money on a new rig. Then again, since we have 3700+'s, we could use a refresh about now...What are you going to do with your 3700+? I still haven't decided. Home theater PC?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

>Wait a minute, now we are talking POWER SUPPLIES! You guys>are all cracked. I have definitive evidence that the blurries>are directly correlated to the STOCK MARKET. LOL>>>jjaWell hey, if you can tell me any item of difference between our two configs, what is it?The Power Supply. Grasshoppa.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

Guest jcmckeown

Phil, thanks for that useful piece of information and the confirmation the something changed in SP1 that has impacted photo scenery when compared to RTM.This does trigger quite a few questions that the community using FS9 style photo scenery and tileproxy would be interested in getting responses to:What/how exactly was it changed?Why was it changed?Is there a plan to provide a patch to get SP1/2 working with photo scenery in order to do without the blurries?Reworking FS9 style scenery for FSX format is to my understanding a major rework? Will ACES provide a converter?Kind regards,JC

Guest cbuchner1

> What/how exactly was it changed?They split up the single-threaded texture loader into a parallelized (multi-core capable) algorithm. The texture and terrain loader used to run in a fiber (a sub instance of the simulator thread) in the RTM version.Starting with SP1 one central instance schedules the texture loading jobs that get executed on other cores. I observed that when you have N cores, N-1 cores seem to perform some texture loading whereas the first core performs mainly graphics rendering.> Why was it changed?Performance? And to make owners of multi core chips feel that it was the right thing to buy this CPU.In my personal opinion the job scheduler may be at fault for the degraded performance. It does not appear to schedule the "right" textures to load - for FS9 style phototerrain it loads way to many textures far from the aircraft and only updates the closer tiles when it thinks all surrounding terrain (far from the airplane) is now "complete". The terrain resolutions are stacked like a pyramid where the highest levels are only loaded when the base is "complete".Also there appears to be some deliberate throttling of the textures loaded per time while the simulation is running. This is done to limit the texture throughput over the AGP/PCIx bus and to prevent stutter.It might be that there is some bug in this throttling system such that it almost completely stalls the texture loader - so some of you observe a degradation of the texture and terrain loader to the point that everything is blurred.DISCLAIMER: All of this is based on observation and deduction and may be completely off - only ACES know what the real deal is.