Sign in to follow this  
btacon

SU 14 (Beta) is Live Now

34 minutes ago, Noel said:

Sorry, you sound to me like another troll, which having a look at past posts isn't the case,

How does he sound like a troll? That statement is contradictory too.
Im sick of this word being overused here. He’s expressing his valid opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

How?  Well, in my opinion the poster in question who you are defending as only having an “opinion” is in fact expressing his “opinion” as “facts” and so I will agree with Noel on this one. He (poster in question) sounds like he wants to troll rather than offer constructive critique. 

Just my opinion and that doesn’t make it fact. The poster in question would do well to remember that for himself.

So is this game still broken? The amount of good will afforded to Asobo and Microsoft is indeed staggering. This game has been out for a few years now and its still not in a stable state. Its also getting replaced next year which doesn't bode well for its currently iteration.”

-B

Edited by btacon
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ant1975uk said:

So is this game still broken?

How about you try it yourself and see?

The sim is flyable, there's nothing 'game' breaking on the current patch, at least nothing I've personally encountered.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 4

How long do these betas usually last? What is the rough timeline this will hit. I know they said before the holidays.

13 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I'll let you figure that out.  If you read and understood the sentence I also said after reading a litany of 90% negative posts, many, I concluded he's just deeply negative focused all the time w/ MSFS.  

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

1 minute ago, BrammyH said:

How long do these betas usually last? What is the rough timeline this will hit. I know they said before the holidays.

They're currently aiming for a December release for SU14.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Noel said:

I'll let you figure that out.  If you read and understood the sentence I also said after reading a litany of 90% negative posts, many, I concluded he's just deeply negative focused all the time w/ MSFS.  

So because he has an opinion, he sounds like a troll? And being a realist isn’t the same as negative. He’s a realist. He has valid points. Not everyone finds MSFS glorious like you. It has some glaring deficiencies and for some people that makes it unbearable. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I agree with your sentiments, but I fear the backlash you will now receive in these forums because of this post. 

Ian take a look at his post history.. This guy is certainly entitled to his opinion but if the user is always showing up to have a moan then even the more reasonable among us are going to discount what he has to say much less the people who actively promote the sim within the actual forums of the sim.

Frankly speaking the guy only shows up to complain. sorry to say but the label is kinda accurate in this rare instance.

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 7

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Any feedback on the ATC improvements?

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

On 10/30/2023 at 6:20 PM, BrammyH said:

It would be nice if I could feed the in-game ATC a simbrief flight plan without having do to the Simbrief Downloader/World Map upload.

This a million times over.  

• Upvote 1

I am 57 years old. This sim is the best I have ever used. I switched to an Xbox x last November and for the most part have been totally amazed with Microsoft Flight Simulator. When it runs well, which is most of the time, the sim is great. I fly helicopters down low and the vfr view can't be better. 

• Like 5

It's an astonishing sim.  It has janky AI traffic, weird blurry night lighting and dodgy ATC, but apart from that it's been so good.

I give talks on aviation in Africa at a local school and bring a gaming laptop with MSFS. I hook it up to the projector and let the kids play on it.  About half an hour later the room is full of adults watching.  30 FPS solid on high graphics settings, on a laptop.  People who have never even been on a plane, or care about them are all watching..  And I can shoot a realistic flight in a PMDG 737, where about the only thing lacking will be some of the finer IFR points and separation. 2,500 hours in, this is still a gem.  

Edited by Langeveldt
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

They will probably fix most of the major bugs by the end of the beta. The whole reason why many of us (including me) pushed the MSFS team to do an open beta is for this reason.  And so far, the open beta has worked wonders for MSFS.

The open betas have been atrocious compared to the closed betas. The open betas, half the people bail after the first issue they encounter. The closed betas accomplished way more of their stated goals. I’ve been in practically all of them. The big difference that nobody talks about is that the more recent betas have had way fewer problems from the outset. But in terms of feedback and testing by the “beta” community - appalling. 

2 hours ago, Matchstick said:

Remember when they did the closed betas that we couldn't talk about under a permanent NDA then ignored the bug reports we gave them so they released the sim with issues that had been reported on day one of the beta ?

And this is exactly the problem (you, not the developers). Sure, not all big reports were resolved by the public release; that would be next to impossible. But they would be fixed in subsequent iterations. The assumption that all bugs could be magically fixed instantaneously was and is a huge part of the problem. Actual beta testers know this. 

23 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

No,, you just want to make everyone feel as miserable as you do. 

Just had a lovely flight through the French Alps, I hope that's miserable enough for you.

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)