Sign in to follow this  
abranpuko

very poor realtraffic

There seems to be an issue with PSXT here.  I am seeing with the non beta version traffic all around RJTT and planes taking off.  But PSXT is only showing 4 live planes.  So something is very wrong here.  I am not sure what has changed but something has that is affecting loading of the live aircraft.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, cscurlock said:

There seems to be an issue with PSXT here.  I am seeing with the non beta version traffic all around RJTT and planes taking off.  But PSXT is only showing 4 live planes.  So something is very wrong here.  I am not sure what has changed but something has that is affecting loading of the live aircraft.  

Nothing has changed in PSXT, it is RT that is not sending a steady stream of traffic data. What you see in RT's radar screen is different from what it is broadcasting.

Switch to the Beta v10 I'd say.

Edited by kiek
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

Nico, 

Any news regarding ongoing work on RT server(s)?

No. If there is I'll post ...

• Like 1

After V10 there are still huge gaps in data transmission while sending data to PSXT and, as a result" I see disappearing planes on take off. I'm wondering if increasing delay value to 60 or even 100 might help.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

After V10 there are still huge gaps in data transmission while sending data to PSXT and, as a result" I see disappearing planes on take off. I'm wondering if increasing delay value to 60 or even 100 might help.

Yes the release of V10 is independent from the work that is going on to fix that new data source.

Larger delay times may keep aircraft "on board", but has drawbacks too, such as a very fast displacement, cutting off corners, or crossing through buildings.

Tha's why I've jin tyhe latest releases set the delay fixed at 30 seconds, a good compromise.

Edited by kiek
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, kiek said:

Yes the release of V10 is independent from the work that is going on to fix that new data source.

Larger delay times may keep aircraft "on board", but has drawbacks too, such as a very fast displacement, cutting off corners, or crossing through buildings.

Tha's why I've in tyhe latest releases set the delay fixed at 30 seconds, a good compromise.