Sign in to follow this  
abranpuko

very poor realtraffic

I had encountered this exact issue last week and discussed in this thread (I was running 3.9.4).

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

14 minutes ago, vhaaland said:

It seems  that when I click data-label on many of these aircraft they have Category: unknown. Maybe that's why they don't show. I hope that it's possible to spawn them anyways, after all they have regcode, so PSXT should be able to match them to correct livery based on regcodefiles at least.

The data for every one I checked in RT has a correct "Category:" With that said, I suspect it's a problem with RT, which would explain why I saw it last week, and why we see it this week across three versions of PSXT 3.9.2, 3.9.4, and 4.0.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

1 minute ago, somiller said:

The data for every one I checked in RT has a correct "Category:"

Then something else must be happening here 🤔

UPDATE:

Live suddenly jumped to 41 in PSXT and now I have airborne aircraft at KLAX...er, now back down to 18 and all airborne disappeared.

I'm curious, is there any limit by vertical range in PSXT?

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

lets cross finger. Kiek, we hope you can fix this!…it seems we all have wonderfull realtraffic data. 

at least, the data coverage has changed. Now, even little airport have better ground traffic!

Nico mentioned that Balthasar added additional server yesterday, so perhaps this is why we see a lot of improvements on RT side, but have issues with PSXT 

Seem the RT stream is unreliable, that might explain the issues. The traffic at ENGM comes and goes as we speak. PSXT I guess require some sort of steady data stream.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, somiller said:

UPDATE:

Live suddenly jumped to 41 in PSXT and now I have airborne aircraft at KLAX...er, now back down to 18 and all airborne disappeared.

I'm curious, is there any limit by vertical range in PSXT?

Yes at KJFK it just went up to 150+ then back down to 4.  Everything just vanished.

9 minutes ago, vhaaland said:

Seem the RT stream is unreliable, that might explain the issues. The traffic at ENGM comes and goes as we speak. PSXT I guess require some sort of steady data stream.

...and I must say, as I just today renewed my Pro sub to RT (over $200), I am VERY disappointed with all the problems. This is by FAR the most expensive sub that I have and it is the least reliable. Quite honestly if I don't see dramatic improvement during my current sub I will not be renewing, and will simply used one of the "canned" options for traffic - this is becoming too frustrating to bother with AND I'm paying over $200/year for it!!!!

• Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

I agreee something has detoriated, and I hope it will improve. PSXT is and has been a fantastic option, but it is only as good as the data allows 🙂

1 hour ago, vhaaland said:

I agreee something has detoriated, and I hope it will improve. PSXT is and has been a fantastic option, but it is only as good as the data allows 🙂

RT ground coverage on a radar did improve today for many airports where it did not exist until this morning. ENGM and ESSA are good examples. 

BTW. Has anyone tried to reach out Balthasar?

Edited by G-YMML1

13 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

RT ground coverage on a radar did improve today for many airports where it did not exist until this morning. ENGM and ESSA are good examples. 

BTW. Has anyone tried to reach out Balthasar?

I have but no response as of yet.  Others can try as well so he knows it's not just me!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tubbsds1 said:

I have but no response as of yet.  Others can try as well so he knows it's not just me!

I sent him message as well. It's still 5:30am in Sydney and it's Saturday:-) Normal people have drinks 🙂

• Like 1