Sign in to follow this  
BrammyH

Fixes for PMDG EFB, err, UFT, inbound on Monday: Changelog

Well the DC6 GPS-Gyro pilot fix was a waste of time, again..I started a flight, got on the GPS course line, enaged the GyroPilot, and immediately, the aircraft started to drift off the course line.  Back on the blocks for this flying junk yard. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Hi,

I updated about an hour ago. All seems well, except the UFT for the 1st officer does not have any icons on the tablet and is unusable.

After I updated, I re-booted the computer before launching the sim, and I tried disabling and then re-enabling the tablet via the FMC, but that didn't change anything,

Captain's tablet is working fine.

Regards,

Scott

Update: Here's the reply I received from Robert at the PMDG forum:

Hi Scott,

We noticed a small portion of the Beta team experienced the exact same issue, whereas the majority didn't. This issue has been somewhat of a little gremlin as none of the development team were able to reproduce it. We are still in the process of trying to find the cause and squash it.

We have seen symptoms disappear after closing the sim and opening it up again after the first load, I was wondering if you could give that a go and let us know if that resolves the issue.

I let him know that I was in the middle of a flight and would try his suggestion after the flight or first thing in the morning.

Edited by ndflieger
Updated information

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

The upcoming TFDI MD11 has more function on the tablet and the plane has not even released yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO_0Id59X90

• Like 2

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

4 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

That is what I was thinking, why would the sever have to go offline in order ad add a couple of update files? 

The reason we do it is because we don't want to replace files on the server while client machines are in the middle of downloading them. It breaks things...  so we don't let that happen. We stop the service that allows new connections, we wait for any machines currently updating to finish, we replace the files, and then we restart the service. Stopping and starting the service is a simple command line or click in the GUI, not an involved procedure.  The server isn't offline. It is ignoring you.

• Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

12 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Well the DC6 GPS-Gyro pilot fix was a waste of time, again..I started a flight, got on the GPS course line, enaged the GyroPilot, and immediately, the aircraft started to drift off the course line.  Back on the blocks for this flying junk yard. 

After many months I'm back to a vor to vor flight, it works good, but I have problems at the ILS glide slope, the autopilot is loosing the signal. I'll try again.

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

On 11/7/2023 at 6:00 AM, Claudius_ said:

After many months I'm back to a vor to vor flight, it works good, but I have problems at the ILS glide slope, the autopilot is loosing the signal. I'll try again.

I gave up with this aircraft.. Did a clean reinstall yesterday, removed everything from Community folder, and the Gyropilot worked for about 1/2 of a 1 hour flight, and that was it. I am uninstalling it permanently. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I gave up with this aircraft.. Did a clean reinstall yesterday, removed everything from Community folder, and the Gyropilot worked for about 1/2 of a 1 hour flight, and that was it. I am uninstalling it permanently. 

I tried several flights and I see that the DC-6 flies well, but it's not rock solid because sometimes an ILS frequency will interfere with the GPS navigation, and I have to change the NAV1 frequency. Also, in a GPS navigation I have to swap the GPS/VLOC thing and back to make things working after flight planning. But I'm testing it (again...).

I don't have any idea on how helping you, deinstall and reinstall things helps just in few cases, remember to download the last .exe version from the PMDG site. Take a breath from the DC-6 for a while and wait for other people showing their experiences with this last DC-6 update.

Edited by Claudius_

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

On 11/6/2023 at 2:43 PM, roi1862 said:

So Google maps removed. Well, it was nice while it lasted 🤣

Major fing eye roll. Ugh. 

• Like 2

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Maybe Microsoft should axe MSFS2024 and develop an EFB simulator instead. :happy:

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD