Sign in to follow this  
TuFun

B-29 replica first flight

So this is a 35% scale replica flying 'Experimental Class' not an RC aircraft!!!

He is kind of crazy to climb up into that thing but it does look cool, and sounds cool too considering it is powered by 4 Honda Fit Engines, at least those engines are reliable

Matthew Kane

Wow! Pure magic.

Imagine the Wright brothers seeing this in their time...

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

3 hours ago, Matthew Kane said:

So this is a 35% scale replica flying 'Experimental Class' not an RC aircraft!!!

That's what I was trying to figure out.  I think it is an Experimental with a pilot in there, right?  Quite a deal.

• Upvote 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Very interesting, sad about the crash ... never really understood why so many airports are next to golf courses.  Glad no fatalities.

14 hours ago, mwilk said:

I was wondering why they didn't show any video of the landing. This is why.

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/347642

Thanks for this....good to hear this wasn't a worse ending...I immediately thought what in heck am I seeing, an RC plane? How does one build such a thing and get some sort of license to fly it and then there was the nearby golf course...and then bingo you posted this write up.

This should have been done miles from anywhere as its experimental.  Anyway, glad to hear no fatalities.

• Like 1

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

The woman was standing in the golf cart taking pictures of the aircraft. No mention was made about a golf course.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

10 hours ago, n4gix said:

The woman was standing in the golf cart taking pictures of the aircraft. No mention was made about a golf course.

I see, I saw the driving golf cart, was focused on the plane, and the nice manicured lawn made it look like there was a golf course near by...me bad..😄

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3