Sign in to follow this  
Bdub22

Trouble with FSReborn 500

For the life of me, I can't get this thing started. I've gone through all the steps, but when I hit the start button, NG doesn't rise, nothing happens. Fuel is in cutoff. Both fuel pumps and ignition are in manual. I've gone step-by-step in the manual, but the rotors won't spin after hitting START. Here's the odd thing though, it won't start when trying ctrl-E. I have hot starts option turned off and turned off engine damage in MSFS accessibility settings, but when I hit ctrl-E, power comes on, displays come on, but the rotors don't spin. After trying this a few times, I get discouraged and just started on the runway, however - it started without the generator on and when I went to turn it on, nothing happened. So halfway through a flight, I lost power. 

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, because I followed the instructions in the PDF and even did a step-by-step follow along with the YouTube videos, but nothing I do gets those propellors to spin, even cheating with ctrl-E. Any help is much appreciated. 

43 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

it started without the generator on and when I went to turn it on, nothing happened. So halfway through a flight, I lost power. 

You need to 'fix' the generator in the EFB, then your engine will start.  I had this exact same problem.  I do believe they discovered an issue in the checklist that could damage the generator. I see in their Discord they are dynamically updating the documentation, so download from there to be fully up to date.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

11 hours ago, Bdub22 said:

For the life of me, I can't get this thing started. I've gone through all the steps, but when I hit the start button, NG doesn't rise, nothing happens. Fuel is in cutoff. Both fuel pumps and ignition are in manual. I've gone step-by-step in the manual, but the rotors won't spin after hitting START. Here's the odd thing though, it won't start when trying ctrl-E. I have hot starts option turned off and turned off engine damage in MSFS accessibility settings, but when I hit ctrl-E, power comes on, displays come on, but the rotors don't spin. After trying this a few times, I get discouraged and just started on the runway, however - it started without the generator on and when I went to turn it on, nothing happened. So halfway through a flight, I lost power. 

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, because I followed the instructions in the PDF and even did a step-by-step follow along with the YouTube videos, but nothing I do gets those propellors to spin, even cheating with ctrl-E. Any help is much appreciated. 

The first time I flew the M500, I had exactly the same thing happen, and it took me an age to realise. The main problem is that when you look at the tablet, all the components are either blue or green. So any broken or damaged parts don't jump out at you, and after you have fixed them you have to go through the breakers one at a time to see which ones have popped, I have no doubt that I (and you) will get better with practise. And yes, this bl**dy aircraft is that realistic!

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Alternatively, if you want to go back to a brand-new, straight from the factory airplane (this one time only, please), just follow these steps from the manual (FAQ 2-14 in the edition I have):

I have made too many mistakes to my aircraft maintenance, how I start again?
Easy, go to the settings menu, find the aircraft stats sections and click RESET ALL. This will reset all systems for your aircraft as if it was brand new.

That should get you restarted. Just to be clear, this refers to the settings page of the EFB. The AIRCRAFT STATS section is at the lower right. BTW, resetting the stats will take you through the preliminary setup in which you can select what kind of failures you want to deal with. I turned mine off the first few times around, just to avoid the sort of circumstance where I was hunting for a popped CB. After becoming more familiar with the aircraft and its systems, I'll turn them back on.

Have a good weekend everyone.

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

Can anyone help me out on a separate issue. I am following the checklist exactly and I cannot get rid of the T/O Config warning when taking off.

I have Fuel and Ignition to manual. Flaps at 10. Elevator trimmed, Rudder trimmed 2 clicks to the right aligned with takeoff marker, Bleed air is pulled... off the top that's all I can remember. But I'm following the built in check list and I still get the config error.

Thanks for any help!

53 minutes ago, decker89 said:

I have Fuel and Ignition to manual. Flaps at 10. Elevator trimmed, Rudder trimmed 2 clicks to the right aligned with takeoff marker, Bleed air is pulled... off the top that's all I can remember. But I'm following the built in check list and I still get the config error.

According to the manual, the only other item that could be causing this is that the autopilot and yaw damper need to be off. Maybe the autopilot is still on from checking it as part of one of the checklists? 

7 minutes ago, martinboehme said:

According to the manual, the only other item that could be causing this is that the autopilot and yaw damper need to be off. Maybe the autopilot is still on from checking it as part of one of the checklists? 

From memory, I believe the Pitot Heat has to be on or you will get a CAS warning.

I checked the manual before posting. It only has these items:

• Set flaps to less than 30°. 
  • Rudder trim set to 2-3° (green mark)
  • Ignition and Fuels pumps to manual
  • Autopilot and Yaw Damper disengaged.

Edit: Of course, this could be an omission in the manual. 

Edited by martinboehme

2 hours ago, decker89 said:

Rudder trimmed 2 clicks to the right

This is incorrect.

From the checklist, it is "between 2.0 and 3.0" (units) that need to be set on the rudder trim.   It's not 2 clicks.   It actually takes quite a lot of clicks to set it to 3.0 (which is what I set it to, and get great results).

Edited by JYW

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)