Sign in to follow this  
lwt1971

Sky Blue radio interview with PMDG's RSR on various topics

11 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

- PMDG trying to lower price point to increase this entry of more casual users

finally he did understand. curious about the new model they come up with.

10 hours ago, F737MAX said:

iniBuilds were listed solely due to having Airbus products in their catalogue with new ones in the pipeline. That puts them in a stronger position, even if they haven't demonstrated high capability yet.

I'm really really hoping that the "modern longhaul airbus" iniBuilds will reveal by end of year (for releasing in 2024) will be the A350. I suspect it will be the A330 however (they ruled out the A380 and A340). But ya, we are definitely going to see a longhaul airbus from iniBuilds before PMDG, and also very likely before FSL 🙂

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

35 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

I'm really really hoping that the "modern longhaul airbus" iniBuilds will reveal by end of year (for releasing in 2024) will be the A350. I suspect it will be the A330 however (they ruled out the A380 and A340).

Who knows at this point?

There is mixed messaging on their A380. It has been announced, but I thought was for XP.
A340 *is* ruled out.
It depends on when they started this as yet unrevealed Airbus project. *If* it was after FSLabs put out a comment on their A330, it feels like a risky move to go for an A330, what with Aerosoft bringing out an A330 themselves. Too many moving pieces to say for certain, but that feels like a crowded arena to be bringing another A330.
There's also just no telling what standard iniBuilds will bring to MSFS as their A310 and A320neo are contracted projects by MS, rather than their own products to sell.

Fenix would be my favourite choice for an Airbus longhauler, but they have their hands full with the narrowbody ceo variants.

Despite PMDG's “hiring binge”, their hands are, and will be, full with the 777 (including the X ?), 737MAX, 747-400 and -8, IMO.
After that, I really think they will go for the 787. In spite of the WT improvements to the default, there's still plenty of space left to offer an enhanced version.

Airbuses just won't feature in the PMDG product line.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

For those interested, this is what iniBuilds have confirmed about the modern longhaul airbus they're teasing (in addition to this the CEO of ini ruled out the A340 too in a prior discord post):

spacer.png

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 5

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS

Smells of A350 to me *fingers crossed*

• Like 1

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

1 hour ago, F737MAX said:

There is mixed messaging on their A380. It has been announced, but I thought was for XP.

Ya fair the messaging has been mixed, AFAIK the A380 is still in their plans (in addition to this special longhaul airbus project) and the sim(s) platform for it hasn't been confirmed yet but sounding like MSFS only. These are the recent tidbits iniBuilds have dropped on discord re: the A380:

the only projects we have public are the A300, A380, secret project, and for MS the A320neo. any plans for any aircraft after that will come when we're ready to announce them
- A380 platform hasn't been confirmed
- Regarding the A380, we have said, numerous times that the project is on the backburner and when there is an update to give, we will give it.
- The current, in dev A380 wasn't confirmed to be for XP11
- a380 and secret project are different projects, correct
- there isnt, no. the only three "known" projects we are currently working on are a380 (sim tbd), a300f (msfs) aaand a secret project
- No we will do the A380 on our own - FBW have a different aim and way or working

Edited by lwt1971

Len

Since I can't respond to your post on the other thread due to closure ( :s ) will respond on here.. yes it seems to me that RSR realizes they need to act faster, that there's a perception out there they are slow or under-delivering etc so at least that's a first step, and also good that they've expanded their team and intend to keep expanding it. So all that and acknowledgement that they are a smaller fish in a bigger pond compared to their P3D days is goodness. But that fact remains they have no viable competition in the Boeing add-on space so whatever fire that's been lit under them might not be big enough.

That said, given that they've learned a lot about MSFS development from their 737 and UFT efforts, I think the 777 roll-out is going to me smoother and faster. Sounds like entering beta is not too far away so I still think it'll be out before or by 2Q24 (1Q24 if one were to be optimistic), and also hopefully be ready for MSFS 2024. I would *hope* their 747 has also been in development in parallel and not another 12+ months after the 777 drops. That said yes the market for high fidelity Boeings for MSFS seems for very open for the taking but I'm not sure which developer can step up to the plate (unless of course Asobo/WT keep working away on the default 787 and 747 to keep increasing their fidelity even further 🙂, certainly the current 787 is ripe for that)

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Len