Sign in to follow this  
polosim

SimWorks Studios Pilatus PC-12 released

13 hours ago, steves53 said:

No PIC time on a PT6 turbine, no, just going by the other highly regarded models in XP11, that I’ve been flying for a few years now, TBM850, Kodiak, King Air 350, and MU-2. So as far as the lag feeling extreme, I can’t say how real it is, but beta and reverse don’t seem to exist at all. I haven’t flown the SWS Kodiak in a long time but I thought reverse works on that. Maybe it’s Asobo’s problem? I know there are still quite a few of them.

Ooh I see. Usually we don't compare with other sim no matter how realistic it is marketed.

MSFS does have beta range and reverse. Unfortunately there is not easy way to setup controls for that on throttle decrease. However, there only awkward way to set it up, I have my Honeycomb bravo for FSR500. They have tutorial vide how set up  beta and reverse.

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I’ll have to look into it. I’ve tried a few times on my Bravo. I guess I’m doing something wrong. Maybe SWS need to have clear instructions on setting up the throttles, as other venders have done. But- I have to say the plane is great to fly since day one - even with a few issues.

On 12/9/2023 at 12:03 AM, bigifooti said:

I'm struggeling to master the landings. I wish SWS would do a tutorial like A2A or PMDG did on the DC6. Anyone know a good tutorial on the landing part? 

Also switching the aircraft on in the dark is almost impossable. I need to set it to daylight to find the Bat switch and than go back to real time. 

Use Alt-L to get a cockpit flashlight.  

On 12/25/2023 at 8:59 PM, steves53 said:

Maybe SWS need to have clear instructions on setting up the throttles, as other venders have done.

I got the reverse thrust lever sorted by assigning a separate axis for reverse, but can not find any axis setting to get the condition lever assigned.

The other issue I had is that my rudder peddles would not work. Finally found a setting in the model.cfg file that enabled the rudder peddles but I am not sure what the on effect the flight model is since the rudder and ailerons are connected IRL.

Johan Pienaar

I finally was able to setup beta and reverse! I guess it was there all the time but it was just not setup right. Just reset and mapped my bravo quadrant from scratch - not fun- but it worked. Now I get normal throttle action for power, beta and reverse. Well all except now my POV hat switch doesn't work at all lol. Using the Asobo interface to program controls is the most abusive and un-intuitive setup I have ever experienced. Any tips to get my POV working again are welcome...

Hi:

Things have gone quiet.  I see the last update was on 12-22.  How's the airplane now?  There were some bugs at release.

Thanks.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

15 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Hi:

Things have gone quiet.  I see the last update was on 12-22.  How's the airplane now?  There were some bugs at release.

Thanks.

Developer also deserve holiday break! SWS will be back starting JAN 8 as per their discord

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

43 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Developer also deserve holiday break! SWS will be back starting JAN 8 as per their discord

Oh, that's right.  I forgot.  Well I hope they enjoy their time-off.  

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Really enjoying the SWS PC12.  But for the life of me I can't get the Condition Lever on my Bravo Throttle Quad set up the way I want it.  Mark at Simhanger Flight Simulation has an excellent vid on how to set up a Condition Lever on the Bravo Throttle Quad for single engine turboprops (thanks Mark!!).  In his vid he uses the Kodiak 100 as an example and using his vid I can set up the Condition Lever in the Kodiak so that when its fully forward it goes to Flight Idle, when it's at the detent it's in Ground Idle, and when it's pulled all the way down past the detent it's in Cut-Off Feather.  Perfect!!!  But using the exact same assignments in the SWS PC12, with the Condition Lever fully forward it goes to Flight Idle, when it's at the axis halfway point it's in Ground Idle, and when it's at the detent it's in Cut-Off Feather.  Pulling the lever all the way down past the detent doesn't do anything.  I also tried using the Mixture axis instead of Condition Lever, but it still didn't work.  Did SWS change the way the condition lever axis works in the PC12?  Has anyone figured out how to enable Cut-Off Feather when the lever is pulled all the way down past the detent?

• Upvote 2

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

6 hours ago, TexasGary said:

Really enjoying the SWS PC12.  But for the life of me I can't get the Condition Lever on my Bravo Throttle Quad set up the way I want it.  Mark at Simhanger Flight Simulation has an excellent vid on how to set up a Condition Lever on the Bravo Throttle Quad for single engine turboprops (thanks Mark!!).  In his vid he uses the Kodiak 100 as an example and using his vid I can set up the Condition Lever in the Kodiak so that when its fully forward it goes to Flight Idle, when it's at the detent it's in Ground Idle, and when it's pulled all the way down past the detent it's in Cut-Off Feather.  Perfect!!!  But using the exact same assignments in the SWS PC12, with the Condition Lever fully forward it goes to Flight Idle, when it's at the axis halfway point it's in Ground Idle, and when it's at the detent it's in Cut-Off Feather.  Pulling the lever all the way down past the detent doesn't do anything.  I also tried using the Mixture axis instead of Condition Lever, but it still didn't work.  Did SWS change the way the condition lever axis works in the PC12?  Has anyone figured out how to enable Cut-Off Feather when the lever is pulled all the way down past the detent?

I'm not sure it will help you but I found this (I know it's for a twin too but maybe?)

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/atr-cannot-cut-off-engines-with-honeycomb-bravo/608618

It's the image posted Sept. of 2023 by "WombiiActual"

Aaron Ortega

19 hours ago, TexasGary said:

But for the life of me I can't get the Condition Lever on my Bravo Throttle Quad set up the way I want it.

I am having the same problem (not using the Bravo though). I set up the ATR and Kodiak perfectly on my TM quadrant but I can not find any axis / variable that results in any movement of the condition lever in the PC-12 using SPAD or FSUIPC. What variable are you using?

Johan Pienaar

Hey Johan, I am just using the default MSFS assignments for Condition Lever, Condition Lever Cut Off, and Decrease Condition Lever per Mark's excellent vid  MSFS | KODIAK 100 Config Guide for the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant (youtube.com)

Page 13 of the PC12 manual says “The assignments have been modified via custom code to work the same and avoid accidental engine cut offs or light ups.”  But to me it seems that if you use a Bravo TQ, with the modified CL assignment you are now MORE prone to accidental engine cut offs if you aren't careful in pulling the CL back to Ground Idle to the axis midpoint.

• Like 1

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

2 hours ago, TexasGary said:

I am just using the default MSFS assignments for Condition Lever, Condition Lever Cut Off, and Decrease Condition Lever per Mark's excellent vid

Thanks for the feedback. I don't have the Bravo quadrant and the default MSFS assignments did not work for me, maybe there is a conflict somewhere in my setup. Your reply did however motivate me to dig a bit deeper and I finally found a variable that works (LVAR:ENGINE_Lever_Condition_1). Now I don't have to move around in the cockpit to get to the condition lever with my mouse. Strange that they would use different variables variables between the Kodiak and the PC-12.

Johan Pienaar

On 1/7/2024 at 10:58 AM, TexasGary said:

Really enjoying the SWS PC12.  But for the life of me I can't get the Condition Lever on my Bravo Throttle Quad set up the way I want it...

LesORiley on the SWS PC-12 Discord channel has posted a method of getting the Condition lever to work using ranges. He uses SPAD.Next but it should work in Axis&Ohs and FSUIPC. They both allow you to assign an event to an axis range. Far warning, however. This method is not for the faint of heart. It requires more than point and shoot knowledge of the setup applications.

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Posted (edited)

Thanks John.  I don't want to go down the SPAD, A&O, or FSUIPC roads.  I really don't understand why SWS changed this for the PC12.  It was so easy to set up on their other single engine turboprop (the Kodiak 100).  I guess I am just going to live with it like it is.

Edited by TexasGary

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |