Sign in to follow this  
polosim

SimWorks Studios Pilatus PC-12 released

Facebook announces:

We are delighted to announce that the SimWorks Studios PC-12/47 is going to release on Wednesday, December 6, 2023, at 12:00GMT. The plane will be listed at €24.99 and release on www.simworksstudios.com and the Microsoft Flight Simulator Marketplace as soon as approved by MS. Availability to other stores will be made known next week.

• Like 7

Why does your post say released when it hasn't been? Not for another five hours. 

• Like 2

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

1 hour ago, St Mawgan said:

another five hours.

time enough to enjoy the video. if the plane is as good as the video, it will become the first airplane I purchase a 2nd time, after Carenado's PC-12.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Do I need yet another single engine turboprop ?….no

Will I buy this in 2 hours 26 minutes and 30 seconds ? Oh yes !

… and then the Tomcat tomorrow, will this barrage of top quality aircraft never end ?

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

3 hours ago, St Mawgan said:

Why does your post say released when it hasn't been? Not for another five hours. 

do people clickbait forum posts as well now??? is there some form of monetisation possible here that I'm not aware of???

• Like 1

“The SWS team were flown in the PC-12 and then spent a week training in the PC-12 simulator at the Fly7 Training Center, in Lausanne, Switzerland. Being ableto experience first-hand how the real aircraft handles, we strived to recreate it as closely as MSFS allows.”

This sounds promising and professional, along with help from the manufacturers, it sounds like this will be very solid.

• Like 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Great news! Instant purchase for me, I do like a PC12! I was going to get a head start by downloading the manual now, but it seems to be linked to the kodiak manual instead.

1 hour ago, St Mawgan said:

Lots of info on the product page though - https://simworksstudios.com/pc12-legacy-msfs.html

and even more on the original aircraft manufacturer's site:

https://www.pilatus-aircraft.com/en/customer-support/publications#pc-12/flightmanuals

https://www.pilatus-aircraft.com/en/customer-support/publications#pc-12

1.100 pages for your reading pleasure while you wait for release:

PC-12 PILOT’S INFORMATION MANUAL-PC-12 Series 10 and 10A.pdf

https://www.pilatus-aircraft.com/data/tech_pub/63f8bc9989683936010562.pdf

https://pilatusowners.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Pilatus-PC12-UAG-Sept-2019-Aviation-Consumer.pdf

"The PC-12 has notoriously been marketed as an alternative to the King Air 200 series."

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 2

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Kind of crazy that  the sim has been out for 3 or 4 years and we have 3 single engine turboprop business jets released in one month.  I ended up getting the TBM, probably no other reason than the Steve O videos so it seems very familiar.  This is generally not the type of flying I do very much, I tend to be an airliners guy but could not pass up a great addon.  Very much doubt i will add any more in this cateogry.

• Like 1

Mark   CYYZ      

I’ll be curious to see how it models the beta range, the FSR500 implementation of this makes it a joy to taxi.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Pass.

Is this dramatically better than the not so great Carenado version. 

Roll out the NGX version with the Honeywell cockpit system, and I'll take out my credit card.