Sign in to follow this  
jon b

F14 Tomcat released

54 minutes ago, jon b said:

Did you spill your coffee ? 😂

Well......it is indeed mega loud and vibrations are also not to oversee....but even if I spilled my coffee, I would not have noticed it due the kick I got overthere

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, jon b said:

Did you spill your coffee ? 😂

HEre is a Link to a Video on Youtube of exact that tower and Location at the dutch Island Vlieland and the Vliehors range....Skip to 1:30 and 2:00 and especiall 2:20 and 3:00  to see what I mean. Turn  on your speakers loud....... The people talking are USA Airforce and Dutch Airforce collegues

F16 FlyBy Vliehors Netherlands

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 4

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Yes, I see what you mean, most impressive 👍🙂

Edited by jon b

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

I never buy military aircraft, they just don't interest me for whatever reason but I'm not sure I will be able to resist this one for long. Even though the military things does little for me I have always wanted a good one of these. It's my all time favourite looking jet fighter. I mean, look at the thing. From any angle the damned thing is cool looking.

I can see this in my hanger after Christmas if the reports are good.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Top Gun was a major influence on my interest dawning on aviation, so how I can NOT get this!? Well I can wait as the Vulcan is currently taking up all my time, but I will get this one day.

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

I’d rather have a Kawasaki GPZ 900 , but I’ve just emailed heatblur for my discount voucher.

I own it in DCS but I find it a tricky thing to fly and much prefer the F18.

I don’t shoot things in DCS I just own it as I like the high performance aspect of the aircraft and it’s fantastic flight modelling on that platform. 

I won’t buy the marketplace version though as although I don’t fire in anger I do like looking over my shoulder in VR and being “tooled up “ on the wing.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

This developer needs to get with MilTech Simulation (Super Carrier Pro) and get those carriers moving through the water with a battle group around them.  After using MilTech's offering I can't go back (static non-moving carriers just doesn't feel right anymore😌).  When I get a chance I'll use this F14 with MilTech's carriers. I would love the carriers offered in this package to get the same treatment.  Actually I would love if Asobo officially supported carriers so the bouncing deck in the waters can finally be realized in MSFS.🍺  

• Upvote 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

13 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

That is one of the best release vids I've ever seen.  The scenes could pass for real at a casual glance...and the F14 is just spectacular!

Here she is doing one of her many jobs back when I served....shadowing a Russian "P-3" that was snooping around our task force when we were doing exercises off Bodo, Norway.

aPI5UV.jpg

The helicopter you see in the video (with its tail and blades folded to squeeze on to the carrier deck) is the one I worked on. 🙂 

Here she is doing what we called "Vertreps" or Vertical Replenishment...hopping cargo from one ship to another in the task force.

TTyofw.jpg

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, jon b said:

And in case you’ve not seen it…… a 1980’s Miramar base is available for your Tomcat

I saw that, looks decent but would love to hear from anyone who purchased it.

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

The helicopter you see in the video (with its tail and blades folded to squeeze on to the carrier deck) is the one I worked on

Sea Kings hold such a special place in my heart.  My grandfather fixed them at the beginning of their service when he was in the Navy (Canada’s Naval Air Arm at the time), and a good friend of mine who would be about 40-50 years younger fixed them at the end of their service, a testament to how long they lasted.

Plus I grew up next to Canada’s east coast Sea King base (CYAW Shearwater) and their amazing noise was a constant in the background.  

I’d live to see a Sea King in MSFS but that’s for another thread 😀

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

11 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I saw that, looks decent but would love to hear from anyone who purchased it

just purchased it as we speak, very slow download from the marketplace so I suspect I’m not the only one.

I was going to wait until I picked up the tomcat to pay a visit but I’ll just give it the once over now and let you know

• Like 2

787 captain.  

1 hour ago, jon b said:

And in case you’ve not seen it…… a 1980’s Miramar base is available for your Tomcat

https://miltechsimulations.com/products/nas-miramar-late-1980s-msfs

The 'Super Carrier Pro' package (https://miltechsimulations.com/products/supercarrier-pro-for-msfs) has a static carrier off the SoCal Island of San Clemente.  A mod on Miltech's Discord has a moving carrier south of San Clemete so you have two Carriers off the coast of San Diego/Miramar to fly to.  As I said above I prefer moving carriers with a battle group around them so this combination is great on my end for this new F14 in MSFS.🍺  

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

1. Is there any manual avalable for the Tomcat?
2. Where is /are the carrier/s located that come with the F-14?

Thanks.

15 minutes ago, regis9 said:

a testament to how long they lasted.

It was this longevity that actually influenced the end of my Navy career.  I had been in the Navy several years when the SH-3 was being phased out...and due to that fact, when it came time for my new orders...my detailer (the guy who assigns sailors to their next duty station) told me that since I was already trained on the SH-3 systems, and there were no new sailors been trained behind me to pick up the job...I was destined to stay with that bird until she left service. 
Sadly the only orders he had from me were to a "Gator Freighter" off the coast of Mogadishu when we were playing World Cop for that region of the world. I decided to get out at that point and pursued a new career.
When I was in the Persian Gulf..I worked on an SH-3 that had the same birthday as me...but 3 years older...LOL.  She was an old...but very reliable bird.   

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg