Sign in to follow this  
Gazzareth

Anyone getting system freezing up since SU14?

Just now, Jack_Sawyer said:

How do I do that?

In the sim go to the Data section and you'll see it at the bottom.  Use the default size to start out with.  Don't save it on your C:\.

• Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Just now, Dillon said:

In the sim go to the Data section and you'll see it at the bottom.  Use the default size to start out with.  Don't save it on your C:\.

Thanks Dillon.

• Like 1

Jack Sawyer

Hi,

My system freeze is gone reverting back to Nvidia drivers 537.58.

• Like 3

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

2 hours ago, rogerlimakilo said:

...and no joy, I'm sorry to say. 😕

...the only other option I switched recently was Live Traffic; I've switched it back to AI and I'm on the longest flight without loosing the sim in *days* now. I'll report back later this evening if I can get two flights in a row rolling! 😛

Just to add, My first flight after the update froze, and I had one yesterday. Freezes with engine sounds continuing. ctrl-alt-del is the only way to shut down, but engine sounds still continue at Windows desktop. 

27 minutes ago, NismoRR said:

Just to add, My first flight after the update froze, and I had one yesterday. Freezes with engine sounds continuing. ctrl-alt-del is the only way to shut down, but engine sounds still continue at Windows desktop. 

...do you have Live Traffic enabled by chance?

2 hours ago, rogerlimakilo said:

...the only other option I switched recently was Live Traffic; I've switched it back to AI and I'm on the longest flight without loosing the sim in *days* now. I'll report back later this evening if I can get two flights in a row rolling! 😛

...okay, two in a row; I'm convinced that Live Traffic is evil on my system. 🙂

I started over from scratch with my addons. When I installed PMDG 738 the freezing came back, I uninstalled it, freezing went away again. For me, for the time being, my 738 is going to stay parked. 

ME TOO OMG OMG I WAS PULLING MY HEAR OUT!!! i JUST bought my best pc of my life, ASUS rog strix 4090 laptop beast 64 ram etc etc. Of course bloatware NV Experience installed the newest drivers and one of my first flights with live traffic becasue my other laptops werent stong enough to run live traffic, anyways here I got everything full maxxed and was able to get 50-70FPS at LAX with live traffic (unheard of before ... ) and I was so excited then pow, flights that froze ! In my life since 2020 released I had never had a freeze but than again, I never ever used live traffic! 

Now I reduced to a video driver like 547 I think... from November and I did get another freeze, shut OFF live traffic and let the computer either sit all day or flying on autopilot with NO freezing!!! 

Got to be defalt live traffic!!

Now I tried FSTL and no crash !!! 

I am so glad I am not alone in this I was fearing my new laptop was bad or I dunno... panic was setting in.....

so FSTL works and it is so nice anyway.. the hell with default traffic 

Peter James 

FLYING magazine sim author 

16 hours ago, NismoRR said:

Just had the same. Very tedious. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

19 hours ago, rogerlimakilo said:

...do you have Live Traffic enabled by chance?

I do. I see @JETPETER2 had issues with live traffic and no issues with FSTL but it seems very sporadic. Did the same flight yesterday (KMDW-KLGA, 739) that froze Friday without issue. Will continue to investigate and see what others are posting. 

Is everyone having this with Airliners only or GA as well?🧐

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

This thread timing is interesting.

I was doing a flight from YMML to YSSY in Pmdg 738 - with Live Traffic for once - and the sim froze. Not a CTD. It just froze. Eventually I had to kill it.

What is going on with this sim?

Also, I am Still having the Same Issue for 3 Years whereby the graphics settings are getting Modified by not Me.  How do I stop this??