Sign in to follow this  
bofhlusr

Updated MSFS wish list for Santa Claus

I'm going to limit this to just one thing. Something we had in FS2004 - P3D ;-

1. The ability to change aircraft within the current flight parameters.

Without messing around with dev mode.  Just as we've always had. Heck, even Dovetail's "Flight Sim World" had it 😄

Just to be able to hit an "aircraft" menu item and change the aircraft, with nothing else (location, weather, navigation, etc) changing.

Oh darn it, I can't help myself, I need to add some more ;-

2. A proper, straightforward, reliable PAUSE!

3. A fly by camera view, a la X-Plane

4. A WT-developed Garmin G3X

5. Some non-North American accents when flying elsewhere

Edited by JYW
  • Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

11 hours ago, planechaser said:

3. Cure for the minecraft textures in Canada ( lack of satellite coverage).  Hopeful MSFS2024 improves in this aspect . Funny that virtually all of the flights i have done in Europe and USA rarely have this issue.

You know, I'm Canadian born but have been an adopted Geordie (North East Englander) for the last 25 years.  It pains me just how truly poor most of Canada is in this otherwise fantastic sim.  Every time I try flying in Ca. I come away thinking wow, that scenery depiction was so bad.

I'd go as far as to say that there are parts of rural Asia that are also using computer-generated ground textures that look ten times better than Canada.   I guess it's still so bad because of lack of data but I really hope it can be improved in FS2024.

Bill

My list to Asobo Santa is very simple:

1) To have an option to disable transitions between custom cameras. That's the only reason I need a very high framerate in MSFS.

2) To disable camera banking in custom cameras.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

19 hours ago, DavidP said:

I'd just like to see a "proper" pause function that actually pauses everything.

I cannot understand why this won't or can't be done?

There is a pause and unpause that you can map a key of your choice to. It's not active pause. Active pause is the pause that is used by default.

Check the keyboard settings menu and look for this pause/unpause.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

There is a pause and unpause that you can map a key of your choice to. It's not active pause. Active pause is the pause that is used by default.

Check the keyboard settings menu and look for this pause/unpause.

I think everyone knows this.  The issue is being misunderstood by those who keep explaining to us all that there is in fact a pause!

If you go back through the thread, someone listed the issues with (standard) pause, that you refer to.   Such as;  time does not pause - it will slowly get darker as you're 'paused', the menu screen blocks the view when paused (was not the case in FS9 - P3D) and also, some complex aircraft suffer issues when the sim is 'unpaused' (AP disconnents, etc).

Edited by JYW
  • Like 1

Bill

7 minutes ago, JYW said:

I think everyone knows this.  The issue is being misunderstood by those who keep explaining to us all that there is in fact a pause!

If you go back through the thread, someone listed the issues with (standard) pause, that you refer to.   Such as;  time does not pause - it will slowly get darker as you're 'paused', the menu screen blocks the view when paused (was not the case in FS9 - P3D) and also, some complex aircraft suffer issues when the sim is 'unpaused' (AP disconnents, etc).

The pause that I have mapped does not have a menu blocking the screen when it's paused.  Having said that, because we are all in a multiplayer environment if you turn multiplayer on, I'm not sure that the environment outside your plane can be paused as well.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 hour ago, tpete61 said:

This is a dead product!

Not dead for a long time. Besides that, a wish list for MSFS may very well be read as a list for its successor.

• Like 2

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

4 hours ago, tpete61 said:

This is a dead product! Why do you expect or wish for new features?

Maybe for MSFS2024!

It's not though, my, just a couple days ago we had updates. Dead products do not get updates.

As for wishes....I would like a decent set of stars for the night sky as was recently brought up again in an old thread.

The stars in this sim are laughably (word not allowed).

The censor on this site never fails to make me laugh.

Edited by Jazz
  • Like 2

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Can't believe no one has mentioned the ATC! It is the most atrocious piece of c***p I have ever heard, every pilot and controller on frequency talks with the same voice (sometimes a male, sometimes female) but always an American accent. Asobo / Microsoft please fix this, it is impossible to follow what is going on around you when everyone has the same voice and the whole word does NOT speak with an American accent!

What about flight physics improvement you know the feeling of flight as good as possible on a desktop. Surely the ground handling and flight characteristics are not important to many folks posting is this thread.

What about a competent replay, flyby view and tower view system like the old days?

Edited by JBDB-MD80

42 minutes ago, PJD said:

Can't believe no one has mentioned the ATC! It is the most atrocious piece of c***p I have ever heard, every pilot and controller on frequency talks with the same voice (sometimes a male, sometimes female) but always an American accent. Asobo / Microsoft please fix this, it is impossible to follow what is going on around you when everyone has the same voice and the whole word does NOT speak with an American accent!

I know ATC is one of those 3rd rail issues.  For me, It's either vatsim or no atc at all.  So I don't really care if they improve it or not.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

20 hours ago, Rimshot said:

Not dead for a long time. Besides that, a wish list for MSFS may very well be read as a list for its successor.

It's highly unlikely anyone from Microsoft is going to read this thread! 

57 minutes ago, tpete61 said:

It's highly unlikely anyone from Microsoft is going to read this thread!

Who said anything about Microsoft?

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Save all current controller configurations, as one profile. You might have one profile for hand landings of all small sensitive planes, or one profile for flying a specific plane.

E1, E2, etc. keys like in FSX. Open first door, 2nd door, etc.

Quick flight. Click on quick flight and everything will then be set exactly as your last flight, including time and weather. You could then make one or two changes if you want to, after loading a quick flight.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.