Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Meanwhile... on LR's Magic Land...

Quite funny to see Austin constantly being mindblown by the Airbus way of doing things. 😂

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

1 hour ago, Bjoern said:

Quite funny to see Austin constantly being mindblown by the Airbus way of doing things. 😂

Problem is when that happens to Airbus pilots themselves 😜

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

59 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Problem is when that happens to Airbus pilots themselves 😜

🤣

Imagine if he got told you don’t move the throttles in normal operations haha

7 hours ago, NZ255 said:

Imagine if he got told you don’t move the throttles in normal operations haha

Actually it depends on SOPs... regarding the approach phase.

In 3 of the jumpseat flights I did in A320/19/21 the pilot flying, twice the captain one the FO, disengaged AP and AT before the FAF and flew the rest "by hand" 🙂

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

21 hours ago, Bjoern said:

I think it's a good thing seeing him like that. It may inspire him to come up with more ideal's that are central commercial travel as much as he has for GA for years.

I was a little confused at the purpose of this video, so didn't post it...

He's inviting us to try a Hi Fi Airbus experience in the X-Plane trial? Does the Default A330 MCDU match up to the videos Level D close enough...? (not an Airbus guy, myself...)

Posted (edited)

Philipp gaves hints where the X-Plane MCDU diverses form the original one. Example at 28:50 he said that in X-Plane at the Landing Performace Page the QNH is filled in automaticly, in the original yo have to put in the QNH from the Weatherforecast manualy.

Edited by Dirk.M

My Youtube Channel

Hardware Intel i5 12600k, Gigabyte Z690 UD, Gigabyte Nvidia 3070TI Gaming OC, Corsair Vegeance RGB 32GB Kit CL16

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, UrgentSiesta said:

I was a little confused at the purpose of this video, so didn't post it...

He's inviting us to try a Hi Fi Airbus experience in the X-Plane trial? Does the Default A330 MCDU match up to the videos Level D close enough...? (not an Airbus guy, myself...)

Not only does the default A330 differ considerably in certain aspects from the functionality of the real thing but the way FBW itself works does too in various details...

Take off for a flight and watch that "fish-tail" effect on the rudder as the XP12 FBW makes it's wonders.... 

That's why I totally skipped all default aircraft in XP12, just as I did with previous versions, excluding the K21 and the C172... and that's why I keep saying that LR should offer at least one or two proofs of concept of the flight dynamics and systems modelling that should be able to make XP shine in those areas...

Edited by jcomm
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

I believe for their propose to give some non-airbus guy a go on default A330, the video matches the depth of default A330 good enough.

Actually quite rare to see such old A320 even in sim with "4 quadrant upper ECAM"

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

If anybody is curious about just how well the XP12 A330 holds up when checked out by an actual A330 pilot:

He should really file bug reports with Laminar about the major deficiencies like the autopilot.

Edited by Bjoern
  • Like 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days