Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Anyone using Aerosphere tree height fix?

There's a small package on the marketplace I noticed this morning...  looks pretty good in the realism department at least... the Aerosphere tree height package.  Anyone have any experience with it?

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

i 've seen too, but using rex accu short height trees setting  i think is overdose ...

Yeah this looks more like it's geared towards xbox users. Pretty sure there are tree height fixes on .to for PC.

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

As @iliasr said, this new addon is not needed if you have REX Accuseason (or Advanced) as setting the tree height to "medium" has the same effect.  (Setting to the lowest setting makes them even smaller, if that's your preference).

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I don't have REX.  I figured for 4 bucks I'd give it a shot.

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Posted (edited)

I was using the shorter-trees addon downloaded from flightsim.to, and it provided nice results. Today I acquired the Aerosphere addon from the MSFS marketplace and the trees seem to have a better appearance than the flightsim.to addon. Not significantly better, but somewhat better, from a subjective perspective. As ryanbatc said, for 4 bucks it's worth trying it.

Edited by FederFlyer
Clarified a comment

All of these height fixes change numbers in a certain file. In 2021 I did that manually in the same file reducing the height number values even much lower than these mods. I still use mine today (it goes in community folder).

I did not have to try and figure out .json's or or know how to create mods. I just used the fs.to mod (which goes in community) and reduced the height numbers down even more in the relevant file in that mod and then just put this altered version of the mod in community instead of the unaltered mod. Anybody could do the same.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

This simple thing I did is unnecessary if you think the mod's already make for enough reduction. I didn't think so.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Personally I’d put the $4 towards a copy of Rex accuseason advanced and use that to lower trees and get the seasonal foliage and terrain as a bonus.

• Like 3

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Rex is not worth it for me as my area creates totally unreal trees and colours in my home base LEMU. I would like to see an addon like global forest 2 in mfs so depending on what area you live in that four dollars is not a bad investment.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Bijan's trees look better than REX imo

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Saw ir the other day and was about to buy it...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020 ! Hands down (all summed up) Best sim ever!!! Also use AEFS4 and really enjoy it.

I ended up buying.  Seems fine to me.  NYC isn't as overgrown.  Deciduous trees in my neck of the woods look far more realistic 

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Hallo,
ich habe das Tool gekauft.
(Realistic Tree Height von Aerosphere Version 1.03)
Ich habe das Tool unter Steam installiert,

Wie heißt die Datei?
Wo ist sie zu finden?

Viele Grüße aus Minden / Westfalen (EDVY) von Reinhard

Edited by Hardy111