Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

GSX Airport Disabled?

I'm getting back into GSX and was getting ready for a flight from FSDT KORD.  When I got into the plane, I got a message from GSX saying "Airport was disabled for this scenery" or something along those lines.  I don't think I switched anything off or disabled anything and since FSDT made GSX and the scenery i was using, i didn't understand why i got that message.  Any ideas what I could have turned off?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Posted (edited)

Did GSX work okay after that?

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

Did GSX work okay after that?

I am not sure.  I wanted to do my flight so I just didn't use GSX.. I manually shut down COUTL though because the message kept going and was annoying.  

And the message I was getting was "GSX disabled on this airport by user settings"

Edited by Zimmerbz

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Look in the FSDT app in the GSX config part. GSX can be disabled there for certain airports, you might want to check that it's enabled on all.

7 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Look in the FSDT app in the GSX config part. GSX can be disabled there for certain airports, you might want to check that it's enabled on all.

I checked... I had clicked on Exclude 3rd party airports and KORD (as well as most, but not all of my 3rd party airports were listed as disabled) was in the disabled section.  I moved it to enabled and fired up the sim but still got that message.  

14 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

I checked... I had clicked on Exclude 3rd party airports and KORD (as well as most, but not all of my 3rd party airports were listed as disabled) was in the disabled section.  I moved it to enabled and fired up the sim but still got that message.  

No I mean the tables below that jetway exclusion part. Something like "services".

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

No I mean the tables below that jetway exclusion part. Something like "services".

Ok.. For that one, nothing is in the disabled box.  Everything is enabled.  Outside of the FSDT Installer, is there another app or area for config or settings that i can look into?

Edited by Zimmerbz

11 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Ok.. For that one, nothing is in the disabled box.  Everything is enabled.  Outside of the FSDT Installer, is there another app or area for config or settings that i can look into?

No, I don't think so. Do you have FSDT's KORD or default KORD? No idea what's going on for you. Anyway you might want to write a mail to @virtuali or maybe he can check in here.

2 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

No, I don't think so. Do you have FSDT's KORD or default KORD? No idea what's going on for you. Anyway you might want to write a mail to @virtuali or maybe he can check in here.

This is all with FSDT KORD, not default

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Make sure the airport is activated in the FSDT installer

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,30045.0.html

It will look something like this

BdW3MNM.png

Actually, i think you are correct.  It looks like ORD was not activated since I think I bought it through Marketplace and not through FSDT.  I just need to figure out how to get my keys.

Edited by Zimmerbz

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

Actually, i think you are correct.  It looks like ORD was not activated since I think I bought it through Marketplace and not through FSDT.  I just need to figure out how to get my keys.

You can't transfer Marketplace purchases AFAIK (and there's no activation key delivered anyway). Just download it from marketplace and you'll be fine (I also have KORD from the marketplace, back in the early days before knowing how much the marketplace sucks...)

Edited by Fiorentoni

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

You can't transfer Marketplace purchases AFAIK (and there's no activation key delivered anyway). Just download it from marketplace and you'll be fine (I also have KORD from the marketplace, back in the early days before knowing how much the marketplace sucks...)

The issue isn't that I don't have KORD from FSDT in the sim, the issue is it shows installed but not activated in the FSDT installer.  Therefore GSX thinks that it is disabled.  I need to reactivate it but it asks for a key.  That is what I am not sure how to get since i got it from the Marketplace.  

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

Ah you can't activate marketplace airports on the launcher.

I don't have KORD, but I do have the FSDT CYVR from the marketplace, and GSX works fine with it. Try hitting the update button on GSX.

If that doesn't work, make a thread on FSDT forums with your issue. Make sure to mention it's the marketplace version.

Edited by Tuskin38

2 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

The issue isn't that I don't have KORD from FSDT in the sim, the issue is it shows installed but not activated in the FSDT installer.  Therefore GSX thinks that it is disabled.  I need to reactivate it but it asks for a key.  That is what I am not sure how to get since i got it from the Marketplace.  

Ah wait it shows "installed" for you? How is that? I have KORD from the marketplace too and  FSDT does not show "installed" for KORD. It treats KORD in-game like any other airport from the Marketplace.
I think here's what's going wrong for you, but I have no idea how it can show "installed" for you. Do you have copied it to the community folder maybe? Because it should be in the "official" folder like any other marketplace addon.