Sign in to follow this  
VFRHawk

A question for APL v2 users

I'm looking at buying APL v2, but just wanted some feedback on if it'll do what I want.

Basically, I like the idea of it being a more pilot (rather than company) based addon, but I only want to fly the Fenix A320,  and only on shorter routes - nothing much more than an hour or hour and a half flight time.  I tend to get bored in the cruise phase if its any longer!

Would A Pilots Life allow me to pick an airline that would suit those parameters?

Yes, you can fly whatever plane you want and you can choose to only fly short routes.  You will first need to buy a "license" to fly the A320.  Then you will need to join an airline that flies the A320.  Then you will generate a flight schedule, and when you do that you can select long, medium, or short flights.

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

Just to jump on with another question. 

Do you have to adhere to the scheduled departure time, and how is this determined, sim time or real time? 

Thanks. 

4 minutes ago, Dazzlercee23 said:

Just to jump on with another question. 

Do you have to adhere to the scheduled departure time, and how is this determined, sim time or real time? 

Thanks. 

No, you can fly whenever you want.

• Upvote 1

And say you like Southwest’s routes, you could buy the 737 license, join Southwest and just use the Fenix. 

Ryan

Yes, it's a nice mix between freedom where it's necessary (not gatekeeping people because they cannot afford a certain addon and keeping them from flying in a big part of the world) and force where it adds to the roleplaying of a pilot (having to fly company routes and working your way up). What I do like the most actually, is however that sim rate is allowed. It will not lead to point losses, it just will lead to less flight hours (because flights are measured in real time passed). I'd love to fly for a VA but with kids and work and my PC in the living room I just cannot let my PC run day and night just because I want to do a long haul. That's what makes VAs impossible for me. APL has found a good compromise in my opinion and allows me to fly a 787 (and soon 777!) fueled and loaded up with long haul weights just fine.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for all the replies guys, sounds like just about exactly what I'm looking for.  

Will pick it up.

1 hour ago, rjack1282 said:

And say you like Southwest’s routes, you could buy the 737 license, join Southwest and just use the Fenix. 

I believe the only downside to this is that the flight logs will show 737 and not 320, correct? 

Mario Di Lauro

2 minutes ago, tamsini said:

I believe the only downside to this is that the flight logs will show 737 and not 320, correct? 

No you can change the aircraft that is being logged manually before starting your flight.

44 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

No you can change the aircraft that is being logged manually before starting your flight.

Ah great!! Thanks!

Mario Di Lauro

Ya just know that the license is only for the route, not the aircraft. You could fly a 172 if you wanted. But to get a Southwest route you have to have a 737 license for obvious reasons. 

Ryan

I'll try bumping this thread rather than creating a new one....

Does anybody know if its possible to only generate a schedule based on airports that you can input? I.e, I own 50 or so airport sceneries in North America and want to generate a schedule that only includes those, and not defaults?

I can't see if its possible. I'd ask the developer if its something he might consider adding as an option, but I can't see an email or point of contact for him/her.

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

No, you cannot select which airports you want when you build a schedule.

Daniel

GPU : Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 OC | CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D  | Memory : Kingston Fury Beast 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 | Motherboard : Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX | Win : 11.

10 minutes ago, pommy80 said:

No, you cannot select which airports you want when you build a schedule.

Thanks for the quick reply. Seems like a nice function to add. I'll see if I can find an email address for the Dev (I can't see any support forum or Discord??) and suggest it.

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs