Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

UK Flightsim Show

OK, I will be blunt here....

We need to get the UK Flightsim Show kick started again this year. It will have been five years since the last one, and that is long enough. I want to see all of my flightsim pals again. I want to feel the excitement and anticipation again as I drive through the entrance gates of whatever venue it happens to be at.

Please, JustFlight. Make it happen in 2024 :cool:

• Like 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Yes, indeed.👍

• Upvote 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Come on, let's see some enthusiasm for this :smile: I know that Scott @ JustFlight checks out the AVSIM forums, so I need some backup!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I'll second that motion

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

The last I heard from Scott was that Cosford weren't sure if the usual hangar would be available. That was a few weeks ago and he was having a meeting with them that week. Hopefully some good news to report.

I did suggest other locations such as the National Motorcycle Museum badly damaged by fire in 2000 but since restored. Being close to the M5 / M42 it was used for several years back in the 90s.

The stuff about Brexit making it more difficult for companies based in Europe to come over is one thing that was mentioned. Whether that's still the case and enough of a deterrent to prevent Aerosoft et al from making the effort I couldn't say.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Scott told me last year that the Aerospace Bristol site was a possible alternative venue.,,,,and that has one of the BA Concordes :cool:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Christopher!

I totally agree. I can understand that COVID forced a pause for a year or so, but it seems weird that the show hasn't returned since then. (In fact, the last time that you and I met was at a Cosford show, which is a great central location — a pity it wasn't avilable for 2023, although I agree with Ray that the National Motorcycle Museum is a great alternative).

spacer.png

Given the stats (confirmed again in the December 2023 Navigraph survey) that the UK is second only to the US for the number of simmers, it seems very odd indeed that we don't have our own show any more....    spacer.png

Cheers, 

Brian

Edited by brian747
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg

2 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Scott told me last year that the Aerospace Bristol site was a possible alternative venue.,,,,and that has one of the BA Concordes :cool:

The middle of the country would make travel easier. I also mentioned the Concorde hangar at Manchester Airport. They have done several bashes including a wedding on a BBC TV programme and more recently a black tie dinner with John Tye - a former Concorde pilot - delivering a wonderful speech.

https://www.runwayvisitorpark.co.uk/venue-hire/venue-information/

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I am prepared to drive as far as is necessary to get the UK Flightsim Show back up and running again.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

With Spain bringing in compulsory face mask again in health centres and hospitals, and other European countries monitoring the spread of a possible new pandemic. JF could be taking a risk of a cancellation and the cost incurred.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Well, that put a downer on the entire thread. I was hoping for a bit more optimism and enthusiasm :dry:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

On 1/22/2024 at 1:57 PM, Christopher Low said:

Well, that put a downer on the entire thread. I was hoping for a bit more optimism and enthusiasm :dry:

Have you seen today’s email from Navigraph? Navigraph announce they’re attending the FS Weekend at Lelystad in mid-March. So if they can go there why can’t someone organise a UK event?

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I'm not in the UK anymore but I've been to this event twice (once as an exhibitor), and would certainly attend again

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tonywob said:

I'm not in the UK anymore but I've been to this event twice (once as an exhibitor), and would certainly attend again

@Pete Dowson and I attended the November Lelystad show a couple of times. Decent enough show but I feel the U.K. ones are better. I can remember standing in a group photo outside the National Motorcycle Museum back in the late 90s. Happy times.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

@Christopher Low

If it comes down to it I’ll just meet you and Ray at the M6 services for a cup of tea 👍

Never again will I allow myself to be “locked down”

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1.