Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

iFly MAX Beta update 2 18JAN24

Can anyone explain how you applied this update? All I get from the download is a rar file with no way to open it. What did you do with it to apply the update?

Vic green

1 hour ago, Patco Lch said:

Can anyone explain how you applied this update? All I get from the download is a rar file with no way to open it. What did you do with it to apply the update?

Good question. I could see the contents of the rar file: individual files in folders, but no sense of where they should go.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

I use izarc to extract rar files. Once extracted it looks like any other extracted file.

ATP, CFII, MEI, E170/190, A310, MD11

From the ifly forum post referenced in this thread.

Extract over your existing MAX installation.

Orman

Poor choice of still using .rar in 2024... while most compress software could support this once proprietary format nowadays, zip could be easily handled by windows fire explorer and many other OS/software themself...

There are various tools that open RAR files.

I use 7-zip, yet, my Win 11 opens the file and shows the content directly. From there I just have to copy and past into the aircraft main folder in the "P3dv5.4 Add-ons" folder under the main Windows user documents folder...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Your MAX is more FPS heavy than the NGXu? in my case it is...

In fact, the experience on the PMDG flightdeck is more pleasant.

• Like 1

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

Agree the MAX is more resource heavy and the PMDG artwork is more polislhed

• Like 2

Well I don't have the PMDG, but in my rig the MAX performs smooth at solid 30 FPS which I have forced through Nvidia Inspector with that "1/2 refresh rate" setting...

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

1 hour ago, Juliett Alfa Romeo said:

Your MAX is more FPS heavy than the NGXu? in my case it is...

In fact, the experience on the PMDG flightdeck is more pleasant.

I totally agree but unfortunately there is no PMDG MAX in P3D and will probably never be.

• Like 1

Vic green

18 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Well I don't have the PMDG, but in my rig the MAX performs smooth at solid 30 FPS which I have forced through Nvidia Inspector with that "1/2 refresh rate" setting...

I need to test that solution, even with a 100FPS GSync monitor.

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS