Sign in to follow this  
iliasr

"World Update 16: Caribbean is ON"...

1 minute ago, mryan75 said:

I got only a sim update on startup, nothing in the content manager. Can anyone confirm, please?

It's a worldupdate. As the last 15 times you have to "buy" it in the marketplace.

I know it's hard to remember after 15 times... 😏

• Like 4

Just now, Farlis said:

It's a worldupdate. As the last 15 times you have to "buy" it in the marketplace.

I know it's hard to remember after 15 times... 😏

Oy! Thanks. Forgot.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Looks like I have two payware vs new Asobo included airport decisions to make: MDPP and MKJS...

I think this is a bit unfortunate. The payware version for MKJS that has been available for a while is very good. Most of the Dominican airports I've flown into (which granted is few and not very often) have been on the poor side, so I have no beef with them doing MDPP. But they really could have done something besides Sangster.

• Like 2

Just now, mryan75 said:

I think this is a bit unfortunate. The payware version for MKJS that has been available for a while is very good. Most of the Dominican airports I've flown into (which granted is few and not very often) have been on the poor side, so I have no beef with them doing MDPP. But they really could have done something besides Sangster.

Well at least we get 7 airports this time. I will not complain over 7 freebies. 😉

• Upvote 1

The Local Legend is also up, the Bell 47 J Ranger by Microsoft/IniBuilds

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Farlis said:

Well at least we get 7 airports this time. I will not complain over 7 freebies. 😉

For sure. I know not everyone owns MKJS (obviously), but this creates competition for a payware developer that's done a really nice job. But yeah, 7 airports is fantastic, and the update overall looks just stunning. I cannot wait to get flying. I literally took the week off from work. 🙂

Just now, Tuskin38 said:

Thanks for the heads up. I have been itching for another heli. So much fun in VR.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Was hoping for something a bit more complex but the "executive Bell 47" will be pleasant enough. Hopefully the inherently simply nature of the real aircraft (piston-powered, and a basic vfr-only panel) will lead to fewer bugs with this initial release. Looking forward to trying it later in the week. 

One thing I'm not always seeing a correlation between Local Legends and then-current World Updates, so presumably they mean "legend" somewhere in the world broadly. The J model was at least the first helo to fly the US President. (Most egregious was the Caribou with the New Zealand update, a place it's never [regularly] flown to/in)

Edited by STK
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, STK said:

One thing is I'm not seeing a correlation between Local Legends and then-current updates,

It got screwed up when the Canadian World Update Local Legend was replaced with an American aircraft. The original plan was for it to be the DHC-2 Beaver, but they moved that to the 40th Anniversary update instead.

Since then it has just been all over the place.

Edited by Tuskin38

They

15 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Oh the link I posted didn't include the airports, here's the list

https://www.flightsimulator.com/world-update-xvi-caribbean/

They forgot to mention MUCL, which is also part of this WU IIRC.

Two airports I have already. MKJS, and TTCP.
The latter poses a bit of of a problem for me if the new one is better, since it was part of a the Caribbean Airports pack i purchased in the Marketplace. it might be difficult to disable one and keep the other.

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Growing up in and traveling around the region, I felt emotional. Fort St Louis, Brimstone Hill. The memories. To finally see the beauty of our islands represented in the sim, to this scale. For all of us simmers with Caribbean roots, this one's for us. Thank you Asobo, Microsoft. 

• Like 12
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, STK said:

Was hoping for something a bit more complex but the "executive Bell 47" will be pleasant enough. Hopefully the inherently simply nature of the real aircraft (piston-powered, and a basic vfr-only panel) will lead to fewer bugs with this initial release. Looking forward to trying it later in the week. 

One thing I'm not always seeing a correlation between Local Legends and then-current World Updates, so presumably they mean "legend" somewhere in the world broadly. The J model was at least the first helo to fly the US President. (Most egregious was the Caribou with the New Zealand update, a place it's never [regularly] flown to/in)

Twin Otter would have been the perfect local legend for the Caribbean. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

They

They forgot to mention MUCL, which is also part of this WU IIRC.

Two airports I have already. MKJS, and TTCP.
The latter poses a bit of of a problem for me if the new one is better, since it was part of a the Caribbean Airports pack i purchased in the Marketplace. it might be difficult to disable one and keep the other.

It’s doable using addon linker. I’ve done exactly that with that package. (In part as there is now a fantastic TGPY from SLH Sim Designs)

• Like 1