Sign in to follow this  
iliasr

"World Update 16: Caribbean is ON"...

Some areas look better but some of the Bahamas looks worse. 

Hopefully Nassau will get its watermasking back soon and some more might appear in Jamaica Cuba and the Dominican Republic 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

(Santa Lucia is impressive)

My brother, I am stuck at work. Did the Pitons get improved????

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

I almost feel guilty reporting this. But I had a steady 125-130 download the entire time, which only required a very few minutes. My max internet speed is 130. Perhaps Microsoft just increased the bandwidth for this update when they observed server overloads. I don't know. I live in Huntington, West Virginia, which is not exactly the high-tech capital of the world. And my modem is older than many users on this forum. I'm anxious to take my first flight in the Caribbean!

• Like 3

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

43 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Do others feel the same way ?

Not sure I do Mark. I certainly enjoy relatively short flights all around the world exploring. That’s one of the absolute joys of this sim in my opinion.

I also have the PMDG 737 which I spend a lot of time flying around Europe from the UK so the European scenery updates we’ve had have been most welcome.

Soon we’ll have their 777. If I want the scenery for the routes that thing flies I’m going to need special updates for all that arboreal forest stretching across northern Canada and Siberia. I’m also going to need some sort of mountain, desert and ocean update.

Do you spend a lot of time flying between North American cities?

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

Huh, that is odd. You can still seem them on the world map, but loading in, they're not there.

TOhe3Da.png

iRzukRV.png

Yup same for me, waster masking gone when you load but shows on world map when selecting an airport

Jay

| PPL ASEL |
| i9-9900k | MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming Trio 24Gb | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E | G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200Mhz | 32' 4K HDR | Windows 11

6 minutes ago, Krakin said:

My brother, I am stuck at work. Did the Pitons get improved????

Yes the terrain is good and the pitons look far better. 

looks like much of the Bahamas water masking has vanished tbh.

Edited by g-liner
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jrw4 said:

After a slow start, it's now chugging along above 100 Mbits/sec. 

The early bird gets the shaft. I waited too and had 0 frustration. 120 MBs all the way through.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

25 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

I am sorry to report the lack of bikini-clad girlies

We need them to be study level.

• Like 11

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

spacer.pngI can't even see my download speed this time. All I see is a bar scale on the World Update  page. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

One thing's for sure, this isn't the flustercluck the last update was. Still, I think the next SU will be the true test since that one will be mandatory.

3 minutes ago, g-liner said:

Yes the terrain is good and the pitons look far better. 

Ohhh really happy to hear that! I'll probably be able to remove the mod one of my fellow St. Lucians made for petit piton. It made it look a lot better but it was still far from accurate in the details.

12 minutes ago, David Mills said:

I don't know. I live in Huntington, West Virginia, which is not exactly the high-tech capital of the world.

For some reason I always assumed you were from England lol

• Like 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

8 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

Not sure I do Mark. I certainly enjoy relatively short flights all around the world exploring. That’s one of the absolute joys of this sim in my opinion.

I also have the PMDG 737 which I spend a lot of time flying around Europe from the UK so the European scenery updates we’ve had have been most welcome.

Soon we’ll have their 777. If I want the scenery for the routes that thing flies I’m going to need special updates for all that arboreal forest stretching across northern Canada and Siberia. I’m also going to need some sort of mountain, desert and ocean update.

Do you spend a lot of time flying between North American cities?

I spend most of my flight time in airliners, so I really will not see the custom buildings.  Land class, mesh, shorelines, water masks, etc. I see for sure.  I also fly some GA planes like the A2A Comanche but even there I have never really seen any of these custom buildings.  I guess maybe its the routes I am choosing and I have flown all over the world in GA aircraft between interesting GA airports.  I guess I am just not doing city sight seeing tours.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I assume that they will release a fix for the water masking? That was a rather important feature for this particular world update.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, MarkW said:

I would rather have upgrades to the areas where we fly.  I am sure many of us will take up a slow GA plane to check out the sites once or twice but the reality is we are flying between airports and its the scenery along the flight path and the endpoint airports that needs the major updates.  Do others feel the same way ?

Absolutely not. While it would certainly be welcome to update the places one flies most, it also leads to narrowing your view of the world. There is so much to discover. I appreciate getting ideas for digital vacation flights, exploring new parts of the world. Giving me what I already know is not going to help me broaden my horizon.

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

how does an airport dev MISSPELL AIRPORT

image.png?ex=65cbc53a&is=65b9503a&hm=5635135bfc5a74ebcd82ae8b39facb4edadc785a55cbe1bb11c1f85175272729&

I wonder if they stock "Bort" license plates at the airport gift shop?

• Like 4

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

In the video for the update, they show Princess Julianna Airport (TNCM), but it's not mentioned as one of the bespoke airports. So has it been updated or not?

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11