Sign in to follow this  
iliasr

"World Update 16: Caribbean is ON"...

Truly the update I've been waiting for since the sim's release. The trailer really looked glorious and a lot of places got a lot of love. I'm super excited to hop around the islands. I am a bit saddened the Cayman Islands didn't receive more love as it's my hometown, but who knows there may be a second caribbean update in the future. None the less, super happy.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

I have the distinct feeling that the Bell 47 was picked as a local legend because of James Bond. "Thunderball" takes place in the Carribean and the Bell 47 features heavily as Bond and Leiter search for the missing Vulcan Bomber.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, mryan75 said:

Twin Otter would have been the perfect local legend for the Caribbean. 

Imagine if they released a Dash 8-300 that Majestic worked on with them in secret with all the liveries (LIAT, Bahamas, BWIA/Caribbean Airlines, Air Jamaica etc). I'd cancel the rest of my week. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I'm sure there would have been a riot if they released a seaplane again, though it would be at least fitting. I guess that'll be what's on tap for next time, likely by Aeroplane Buggy Heaven no-less. For those early adopters of the 47J, please advise of impressions. 

Will pass, thanks. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

I vacationed in Aruba about ten years ago and visited the California lighthouse when I was there.  As I often do, I came home and retraced my trip in whatever simulator I was using at the time (some version of P3D I’m sure).  Of course when I flew over the lighthouse there was nothing there and the area didn’t look like what I remembered which was disappointing.

Now it’s a POI and I can go visit that lighthouse and retrace my jeep trip around the island…moments like this are nice to pause and consider how far simming has come and how good MSFS is at letting you relive memories of places you’ve been.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

36 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

They forgot to mention MUCL, which is also part of this WU IIRC.

Yes it’s shown in the content manager.  Glad to see a Cuban airport included, there’s a real lack of addons for Cuba unfortunately.

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

53 minutes ago, Farlis said:

It's a worldupdate. As the last 15 times you have to "buy" it in the marketplace.

I know it's hard to remember after 15 times... 😏

Not everyone has their hands and heads free to indulge in this, maybe there are people on this planet who have to prioritize navigating daily work and daily trouble above installing an update? Geez!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

oh my god
oh
the
WHAT
MDPP's gate parking is set to only 78 feet wide 
an airport that takes up to A330s which are a lot wider than 78 feet...

You're not going to see any AI aircraft at that airport...

MKJS is the exact same.

Edited by Tuskin38

42 minutes ago, mryan75 said:

It’s doable using addon linker. I’ve done exactly that with that package. (In part as there is now a fantastic TGPY from SLH Sim Designs)

May I askl how you have managed to seperate them? They are in a single folder "finapapproach-caribbean-ttpp-ttcp-tgpy" and there is just a single layout.json. Furthermore, the stuff is encrypted so tweaking is next to impossible.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Edit: Duplicate since Avsim is too slow ATM.

Edited by orchestra_nl

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Looking forward to this once I get it downloaded.

I used to do a lot of short hand flown shuttle flights between small Caribbean island airports in the 747, a totally ridiculous tool for the job, but incredibly good fun.

• Like 4

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Anyone here with tips for speeding up the download speed? It is so slooowww. 2 mbps. So frustating with fibre connection 1gbit/s.....pfff And yes i know the problem is @ microsoft cloud service.

OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit//Case: NZXT H7 Elite Black//CPU: i9 13900KS@6ghz//Mobo: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX//AIO: Corsair H150i Elite LCD Capellix Black//RAM: Kingston Fury Renegade RGB DDR5 6400Mhz - 64GB//GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC//Storage: Seagate FireCuda 530 - 4TBx2 plus 1x Intel SSDPEKNW020T8-2TB//PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 1000W//Monitor: LG 37,5 L 38WP85C-W//Joystick: Saitek X-52 Pro//Keyboard: Logitech G213 Prodigy

24 minutes ago, Wildblue said:

Not everyone has their hands and heads free to indulge in this, maybe there are people on this planet who have to prioritize navigating daily work and daily trouble above installing an update? Geez!

Excuses, excuses. 

After 4 years and doing this on average every 3 months one can expect it to have sunk in.

3 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Excuses, excuses. 

After 4 years and doing this on average every 3 months one can expect it to have sunk in.

lol

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +