Sign in to follow this  
St Mawgan

DA42-VI due out Saturday 10th February

Very nice!

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Absolutely.  Instant buy for me too. 

It looked really good on A330 Driver's video - even though he failed to understand the castoring nosewheel / no nosewheel steering and was adamant that all Diamond aircraft have a digital trim display on the panel, when in fact it's the total opposite;  all Diamond aircraft use a large, old style trim wheel (and indicator) in the centre, behind the throttle! 

Looks a very high quality aircraft 😎

• Like 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

[Deleted]

- It's now shown on the Orbx store, with the price and "buy now" but when you click it, it says "product not found" !

Edited by JYW

Bill

Not on my ORBX Central it's not. If you go to Add to Cart you get 'Product not found' 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Is this going to be available somewhere besides ORBX?

Dan Scott

COWS, the new studio behind a new Diamond DA42 add-on for MSFS, has announced their virtual rendition of the popular twin GA trainer will be available from February 10.

The plane, which is being developed by a team of flight school students who fly the plane in the real world, will release for Microsoft Flight Simulator in just under 2 weeks with Orbx as the studio’s distributor.

Additionally, the team confirmed that not only will customers be getting the -VI variant, but also the more popular -TDI variant, which is used widely around the world by flight schools preparing students for their MPL rating. The team has also confirmed to FSElite that the plane will be coming to Xbox users through the MSFS Marketplace, although a release date for console has not yet been confirmed.

Sounds like it will make it to the Marketplace eventually. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

1 hour ago, St Mawgan said:

Not on my ORBX Central it's not. If you go to Add to Cart you get 'Product not found' 

Yep, I drew from the holster a little too quickly.   I saw "add to cart" and the price had been added to the sales page and thought it was out.  Until I hit buy now and also got the product not found message.

Not long to wait though if it's out at 0600 UTC.

• Like 1

Bill

Apparently it was moved to 0400 UTC or 11 PM EST, 8 PM PST today.

Edited by OuterMarker

Another good video while we wait - 

Out now

23 hours ago, JYW said:

even though he failed to understand the castoring nosewheel / no nosewheel steering

Where in the video is that?

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

In my eyes it's an incredible machine that I've been waiting for for a very long time.I've watched few years ago all of YouTuber "jaunty17"'s videos dozens of times... You can imagine my enthusiasm to make the same trips.

yg2RTNn.jpeg

AP385ja.jpeg

l3SVc1t.jpeg

• Upvote 1

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.