Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

SODE v1.8 causing problems in v5.3HF2

My ORBX account keeps installing SODE v1.8 which is causing me real problems. Perhaps it’s linked to the GoFlight hardware I use and the Pollypot GIT which relies on SimConnect.

With v1.8 if I test the SODE connection via the add-on menu I don’t see any confirmation message banner. With v1.7.1 it’s fine.

I don’t know how involved these programs are with SimConnect but I’m struggling to understand how a version update of a reliable program like SODE can cause these issues.

If I close P3D it hangs and I have to end task it. No such problems with SODE v1.7.1.

I’ve been told to disable “check for updates” in SODE so that hopefully will be the end of things.

Anyone else having similar SODE / SimConnect problems that impact on other programs?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

For me ir works by installing directly from the site and disabling it on orbx central.

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

9 minutes ago, jcomm said:

For me ir works by installing directly from the site and disabling it on orbx central.

I’m still working out how to disable on Central. I’ll look again tomorrow. You also having problems with 1.8?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Uncheck box at bottom of your product page under Misc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I’m still working out how to disable on Central. 

Here is how to disable the auto-update for one product.

8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Reader said:

Here is how to disable the auto-update for one product.

Thanks! They bury it don’t they!

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I’m still working out how to disable on Central. I’ll look again tomorrow. You also having problems with 1.8?

I tried to disable updates in Central, and it DIDN"T work!  I don't know why it didn't work, but it just did not.  I, too, was having problems with SODE for over a month.  I tried uninstalling it, and reinstalling it, and I tried 17 and 18 and nothing seemed to really work

I uninstalled Client, Content, and Scenery and reinstalled them.  That seemed to give me back SODE in some airports.  I read somewhere that P3d installs SODE automatically, so that was a last resort. I'm not happy with the whole SODE thing, and looking for a permanent fix so I can move on to other things.

@spilok, instructions above seem clear enough. Have you tried those?

SODE is independent of P3D. I’ve solved v1.8 problems by uninstalling it and installing v1.7.1. I recommend you stick to that version and disable the update option in Central.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@spilok, instructions above seem clear enough. Have you tried those?

SODE is independent of P3D. I’ve solved v1.8 problems by uninstalling it and installing v1.7.1. I recommend you stick to that version and disable the update option in Central.

I seem to have gone down the same way as you Ray. I had SODE jetways and SODE objects reloading repeatedly after the update from v1.8 so I uninstalled v1.8 and have gone back to v1.7.1 which work nicely again. I don’t know what’s gone wrong with the 1.8 version…

Balint Szarka

CPU Intel i9 9900K OC'd to 5Ghz

RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)

GPU 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER

8 hours ago, Balint Szarka said:

I seem to have gone down the same way as you Ray. I had SODE jetways and SODE objects reloading repeatedly after the update from v1.8 so I uninstalled v1.8 and have gone back to v1.7.1 which work nicely again. I don’t know what’s gone wrong with the 1.8 version…

Reading the notes here it seems like a major change. I did post a question on his forum a few weeks back which hasn’t been answered. Something appears broken with v1.8 but as long as I can disable the auto-update in ORBX that should be the end of it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

@Reader, I've found the option and clicked on Disable against SODE. It turned blue with Enable showing.

I do find this wording confusing. By default all my products are set to Disable. I would have thought Disabled was clearer. That word doesn't really show the status. Anyway, I've set SODE to Enable so presumably it's now disabled from an auto-update.

Enable auto-updates is now unchecked although I still have a red icon against my Download Queue. How can that be removed?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I had the same problem with SODE 1.8 via ORBX central. It wanted to update/reinstall every time I started ORBX central. By the end of December the problem was fixed. Not by myself, but at the ORBX central side. 

There is a thread at the ORBX forums about this problem. Orbx Central prompting for SODE upgrade everytime - Prepar3D - Orbx Community and Support Forums (orbxdirect.com)

Everything is running fine here now. I use P3D 5.4

@Rein2, I’ve posted over there as it’s clearly still not fixed. Hopefully with auto-update off for SODE it’s fixed.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Rein2, I’ve posted over there as it’s clearly still not fixed. Hopefully with auto-update off for SODE it’s fixed.

Hi All,

I ran into the same problem a few weeks ago. I logged an official support ticket with Orbx because it attempted to install SODE v1.8 in my sim as I had the general auto update function set to enabled in Central.

As soon as I realized it was being queued up in the download queue in Central, I clicked Cancel and the install did not proceed thankfully, however what I have noticed is that the prompt in the download queue for SODE v1.8 still exists. I have set the same option for SODE to enable for the disable addons screen as shown by Ray above, but there is no way to actually remove SODE from the Central download queue, so it's permanently stuck there! 😔

I dont know why Orbx did not give users the right to remove specific downloads from the queue. You would have thought that if a specific addon is disabled from auto updating, it should no longer appear in the download queue, but it does.

I spoke to Nick about this and was asking him to forward this issue to the developers as IMHO, Orbx Central should not work like that.

I also informed him of multiple issues logged by users for SODE v1.8 for P3Dv5 which he did not seem to be aware of. I have no idea if he forwarded my ticket to the Support ticket to the Central developers even though I asked him to do that..

It seems I am not alone in Central prompting users to install SODE v1.8 when its known to be buggy.

Regards
Mark

Edited by 787flyer
removed links
  • Like 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Have folks looked into the SODE log to see if there is a common cause or condition? FWIW SODE 1.8 works fine for me.

Cheers

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.