Sign in to follow this  
Mike A

Falling Maggots forces plane to return to departure airport

8 minutes ago, Mike A said:

Thanks, Mike!  There goes my lunch!  🤮

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

15 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Thanks, Mike!  There goes my lunch!  🤮

As Starkist used to say:

spacer.png

🤪

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I hope that's not a new specialty food item in one of EHAM's many gift shops!

Soon electric planes will end all of this nonsense. People will be so happy at the lack of noise, they will all behave.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Just in case anyone is wondering it is legal to bring fish on an airplane, in fact when you are flying out of Halifax you can buy fish and lobster at the gate and carry it onto the plane, including live lobster. The only issue is if the country you are flying to will allow you to bring it into that country. I live in New Zealand so the rules here are it is allowed as long as the fish or lobster are from the sea, fresh water species are not permitted. 

This guy seemed to wrap it up but who knows how long it was without refrigeration if he had missed a connection or a long stopover, once those maggots hatch yep that's what happens. 

Here is from the Halifax Airport Website regarding fish:

Clearwater offers a wide variety of seafood products and specializes in live and cooked lobster. All products are packed for travel and if you’re in a hurry or on a layover you can have your order packed up and brought post-security right to you.
https://halifaxstanfield.ca/while-youre-here/shopping/#:~:text=Clearwater Seafood,post-security right to you.

Edited by Matthew Kane
  • Like 1

Matthew Kane

@Matthew Kane  Can I bring my pet Gargan to New Zealand with me?

Extra brownie points if you can name the movie this pic is from! 💰

download (1).jpeg

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

On 2/17/2024 at 4:35 PM, Mike A said:

I recently finished binge watching “To Catch a Smuggler: South Pacific”, so I would say no.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biosecurity_in_New_Zealand

This Clip shows it best, yes Seafood is allowed into New Zealand as long as it is from the Sea and doesn't spawn in Fresh Water Rivers. Many of our Pacific Islanders bring fish back from the islands, here is a guy from Samoa bringing back a chilly bin with fish and an eel, the eel wasn't allowed because it does enter fresh water rivers but the rest of the fish was allowed. 

Sea Fish swim from island to island so they are no risk, they are in New Zealand Waters, Samoa, Fiji, Australia etc this is why it is allowed

Here is the clip of Primary Industries allowing Samoan Guy to bring his fish into New Zealand:
https://youtu.be/3vDTMaEO1Pk?si=DdYJtewryql1XtgB&t=286

• Like 1

Matthew Kane

@Matthew Kane  Not knowing what a Gargan is, I felt it was best to err on the side of caution 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike A said:

@Matthew Kane  Not knowing what a Gargan is, I felt it was best to err on the side of caution 🤣

I google searched it as well, seems to be a Marvel Comic character, an Evil Scorpion, of which would be permitted in New Zealand because we make films too 🤣

Matthew Kane

56 minutes ago, Matthew Kane said:

I google searched it as well, seems to be a Marvel Comic character,

Yeah, “Mac” Gargan. This was going “into the weeds”, so to speak, so I admitted I didn’t know. So, let’s go to the source: hey, @charliearon , what is a Gargan?

• Like 1

I've had numerous goats heads in hand luggage on Lagos flights when I was cabin crew ,  nothing new .

14ppkc-6.png