Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Flickering PMDG glass cockpits w/ panning w/ Nv FG?

Well, I'm pretty stunned at what the 4090 & DynamicLOD has added to my 4 y/o CPU.  The writing is on the wall--a top end CPU will add a whole new level of support for sustaining performance.  But for now I'm able to run a solid TAA 130 render scale even into FSDT KORD in a PMDG 738 at dusk, and bumped the lock down to 60fps for this scenario and did an FTV capture from 4000' AGL to the arrival gate and it was a long taxi, with just the right amount of traffic (FSLTL).  FTV was around 99.47% <2ms. I intentionally got down to 4000' for about 20 miles just to be exposed to so much dense metro objects and environs scenery, buildings etc.  Nary a hitch the entire way long winding taxi to the gate.  There were 3 or 4 very minor stutters during that long segment close to the ground so I wonder if dialing back to 50fps might well have made them disappear.  Very fluid of course at a solid 60fps.  And the next SU delivers some more optimizations?  I hope they don't sacrifice quality and detail to do that!

RS 130 really improves the IQ, especially around the periphery on my ultra wide screen where there is a natural stretch of the image.   And the dusk stars were amazing!  TBH I never saw VRAM over 15gb, and main thread was a little stressed, but GPU rarely over 60%, and cool. 

I can only imagine how much headroom those with top end CPUs enjoy with this now!  Unfortunately my well-used 9900K just won't go away 🙃

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

3 minutes ago, Noel said:

FTV was around 99.47% <2ms

Noel, that’s an excellent result w/ RS130 @60fps w/ your 9900K! I’m still at 60fps and very happy with it. I think I reached a point (finally!) where I can start enjoying flying more, and less tweaking. Hopefully! 🤞 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Noel, that’s an excellent result w/ RS130 @60fps w/ your 9900K! I’m still at 60fps and very happy with it. I think I reached a point (finally!) where I can start enjoying flying more, and less tweaking. Hopefully! 🤞 

I know I can't believe it--so glad I stopped by the thread on DSR because I spaced it out, using RS again.  I had used it for a year or two but not more than 110 and only in lightweight GA that were easy to process, so I gave up on it when got into airliners, A Pilot's Life, and now adding the incredible Self Loading Cargo.  I also back w/ 3080Ti would get an odd sort of shimmers w/ RS over 100, but not now.  To be honest w/ the VRAM and GPU utlizations w/ RS at 130 seems could easily push it up to 140 or 150, but I think you're right the hit on the main thread would bloom the higher we go.  Anyway 130 is very decent!

I know this a detour but have you taken a close look at Self Loading Cargo of late?  It's really added massive ambience to airline flight management for me and has made the sim so much more engaging, if you can imagine!  It's got issues but no wonder it is very complex with a huge amount of customization and exquisitely done documentation.  It's about to be updated again.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

4 hours ago, Noel said:

I know this a detour but have you taken a close look at Self Loading Cargo of late?  It's really added massive ambience to airline flight management for me and has made the sim so much more engaging, if you can imagine!  It's got issues but no wonder it is very complex with a huge amount of customization and exquisitely done documentation.  It's about to be updated again.

I haven't but I'll certainly look into it. Just started using GSX (I know, I'm late to the party) which has really increased the immersion for airliner ops. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

6 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I haven't but I'll certainly look into it. Just started using GSX (I know, I'm late to the party) which has really increased the immersion for airliner ops. 

Jolly good as SLC is integrated with GSX to add to the immersion.  Here's a peek at how I have its windows set up on my second screen.  It has made me so much more aware of the entire flight operation not *just* piloting the plane!  Its scoring logic is fabulous!

spacer.png

• Like 1

Noel

8 minutes ago, Noel said:

Jolly good as SLC is integrated with GSX to add to the immersion.  Here's a peek at how I have its windows set up on my second screen.  It has made me so much more aware of the entire flight operation not *just* piloting the plane!  Its scoring logic is fabulous!

It looks great, I’ll definitely check it out, now that I’m starting to get on top of things with GSX. I’m having too much fun with airliner ops at the moment. And in just a few hours we’ll have our hands on the Fenix B2 with even better GSX integration 😁

• Like 1

I just try RTSS locked at 60 FPS using front edge sync with the latest beta, and now it runs super smooth for me as well, and my PC fans just idles 👍

• Like 2

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

18 hours ago, Ixoye said:

I just try RTSS locked at 60 FPS using front edge sync with the latest beta, and now it runs super smooth for me as well, and my PC fans just idles 👍

FG? DLSS? GSYNC? VSYNC setting? LLM in NVCP setting? 🙂

2 hours ago, Eef said:

I’m using g-sync w/ v-sync forced on in NCP then edge sync w/ RTSS. DLSS ultra quality 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

1 hour ago, Eef said:

Standard NVCP with G-Sync, FG,TAA in game , locked at 60 with Edge Sync in RTSS.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

1 hour ago, Ixoye said:

Standard NVCP with G-Sync, FG,TAA in game , locked at 60 with Edge Sync in RTSS.

You got it, but with 7800X3D you ought to be able to do well higher than 60!  I have the lowly (apparently not that lowly!) 9900K and flew into FSDT KORD w/ nary a hitch the entire way to gate!  And don't forget to dial up Render Scaling it's really added sharp to what was already quite sharp!  I'm happy to see others finally give RTSS Edge Sync a chance.  That same smoothness comes w/o FG, but the high rate now really adds the a lovely finishing touch 🤓

• Like 1

Noel

24 minutes ago, Noel said:

You got it, but with 7800X3D you ought to be able to do well higher than 60!  

Yes, I can have it locked at significantly higher than 60, but I see no difference what so ever in performance, it's incredibly smooth for me at 60 with the latest Beta, the game is absolutely perfect and has never been better, I use Ultra with Render Scaling at 130 and the computer just idles 😄
Edited by Ixoye
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ixoye said:
Yes, I can have it locked at significantly higher than 60, but I see no difference what so ever in performance, it's incredibly smooth for me at 60 with the latest Beta, the game is absolutely perfect and has never been better, I use Ultra with Render Scaling at 130 and the computer just idles 😄

I agree with this in the sense that I don't see much improvement running FPS unlocked over 60. Besides - locking at 60 gives enough headroom for putting some more load on that poor 4090 e.g. TLOD 600 and a higher resolution 🙂 Gotta squeeze as much out of it as possible! Luckily the stock fans handles heat quite well. 

• Like 2

I can certainly appreciate not needing to go over 60 as it's really fabulous.  This is in part why I say I can't imagine what X3D will add as it is a whole lot of CPU compared to 9900K.  I could use a little more static and live traffic, but I don't like crowded airports anyway!  I'm still not sure I've seen much between TLOD of 100 or 400 let alone 600 at least at cruise.   More Render Scale can't hurt but 130 is pretty dang sweet.

• Like 2

Noel

3 hours ago, Noel said:

I could use a little more static and live traffic, but I don't like crowded airports anyway!

After landing at Chicago Midway 23L w/ FSLTL+FSHud, I think I waited a good 10 mins before being cleared to cross rwys 31C/31R. The airport was crazy busy!

I can appreciate the higher radius of terrain detail w/ TLOD 600.