Sign in to follow this  
CanadaOne

Deleting world updates for space

I paid about $198 for a 4TB nVME drive. My motherboard only has one slot. I just cloned my old drive (2TB) over to the new drive and swapped out. All is well. This was about 6 months ago. Getting ready to run both MS2020 and MS2024 on that one drive.

The one I bought was recommended in Tom's hardware as a very good budget drive.

"And SSDs seem to have gone up in price a bit lately."

Yes, the drive I bought for $198 is now $230

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B25P44CL/

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

@CanadaOne look here 

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

4 hours ago, GEKtheReaper said:

@CanadaOne look here 

If that is the Caribbean update it's at about 22GB for me. Not installed, I don't fly there much.

Have 80GB deleted from the game and that might be it. There are two scenery packs and an airport or two I'd like to get on the next sale. Lots of room now.

20 hours ago, CanadaOne said:

I can only use one NVME on my MB and it's a 1TB just for DCS, that's my main sim. I have a 500GB SSD for MSFS, and it was starting to get a bit full. And SSDs seem to have gone up in price a bit lately.

Just knocked out 40GB of MSFS, nice to have a bit more free space.

I recently got rid of all the training flights, landing challenges, bush trips & aircraft I do not fly. I think it was a decent amount of space saved. 

I also use addons linker to keep my community folder as lean as possible. It is easy to just re install anything you find you need using the content manager. 

• Like 2

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

25 minutes ago, RJC68 said:

I recently got rid of all the training flights, landing challenges, bush trips & aircraft I do not fly. I think it was a decent amount of space saved. 

I got rid of the training flights, but I'll dump those others as well. Thanks.

25 minutes ago, RJC68 said:

I also use addons linker to keep my community folder as lean as possible. It is easy to just re install anything you find you need using the content manager. 

I don't really understand the ins and outs of the community folder so I leave it alone.