Sign in to follow this  
iFlySimX

Sim Update 15 Beta - 1.37.4.0

A new pre-release test build (1.37.4.0) is now available to all players enrolled in the optional Sim Update 15 beta. ⚙️
Beta build 1.37.4.0 release notes:

Known Issues

Today’s Sim Update 15 Beta build (1.37.4.0) contains stability fixes to address sim crashes and instances of black avionics (which have been the top reported issues from the Sim Update 15 Beta). Unfortunately, while making comprehensive changes to improve these two issues, a handful of new issues were introduced:

1.37.4.0 Known Issues

Aircraft with floats are unable to take off/land on water.

- Reverse thrust is not functional on certain aircraft.

- When launching a glider, releasing the winch causes the sim to crash.

While often we would not release a build to the flight groups with such obvious issues, we need community feedback on the stability fixes as soon as possible to understand if the changes were successful or if we have more work to do. The next SU15 Beta build (planned to release to the flight groups next week) will include fixes for the above three known issues. We will not release Sim Update 15 until the above known issues are fixed.

If this significantly impacts your sim experience, as a reminder, you may leave the Sim Update 15 Beta and return to the current public build at any time by following the steps outlined here: Welcome to the Sim Update 15 Beta 9

Thank you for understanding and participating in the Sim Update 15 Beta!

Edited by iFlySimX
  • Like 7

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

34 minutes ago, iFlySimX said:

While often we would not release a build to the flight groups with such obvious issues

😂 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

no thanks 🙂

Copy that! Care to explain?

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | MSI Gaming Trio X RTX 4090 | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6200 32-38-38-30 32GB | Gigabyte X670 AORUS ELITE AX | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

Well none of the big issues introduced actually affect what I normally do in the sim so I should be fine. Will see if the ATR is one of the aircraft affected 

• Like 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

18 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Copy that! Care to explain?

Who cares why he doesn't want to install the Beta lol. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

Eek...I'd love to know what aircraft lose reverse thrust.  Might have to exit the beta for my weekend flying.

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

22 minutes ago, iFlySimX said:

Who cares why he doesn't want to install the Beta lol. 

I think I can live with that. You have a very good day, sir!

Aircraft with floats are unable to take off/land on water.

I'm okay with that. 

Reverse thrust is not functional on certain aircraft.

As long as 3rd party a/c are not affected. 

When launching a glider, releasing the winch causes the sim to crash.

Don't care, never tried gliders. 

Various crash fixes across the title.

Awesome!

FPS display memory usage now displays allocated virtual memory rather than used physical memory pages. This more accurately reflects the memory effectively used by the simulator

I think this will be useful as I often use dev mode. 

Fixed an issue that could cause a white circle to appear during gameplay

Just get rid of it completely, it's useless!

Improvements to ground handling and ground collision physics for the C172 and the Cabri G2

I'll make sure to test this. The G1000 172 is one of the few default a/c I've got. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | MSI Gaming Trio X RTX 4090 | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6200 32-38-38-30 32GB | Gigabyte X670 AORUS ELITE AX | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

Turning radius in the C172 still completely sucks for me. The front wheel only turns a few degrees to the left and right with full deflection on my rudder pedals

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

15 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

No reverse in Fenix. GG Asobo 

Nooo really?

21 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

No reverse in Fenix. GG Asobo 

Yep...broken...

Edited by iFlySimX

3 minutes ago, iFlySimX said:

Nooo really?

Come on. They gave a reason why they dropped the update anyway- to verify they are on the right track to eliminate CTDs. And yes, this is still a beta and no early access pre release. So I will happily keep testing though had no CTDs nor will I be affected by the 3 known issues

• Like 10

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Just now, DAD said:

Come on. They gave a reason why they dropped the update anyway- to verify they are on the right track to eliminate CTDs. And yes, this is still a beta and no early access pre release. So I will happily keep testing though had no CTDs nor will I be affected by the 3 known issues

I'm not complaining at all....I just thought only default planes would have been affected because they said "certain".

Happy testing 🙂

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Turning radius in the C172 still completely sucks for me. The front wheel only turns a few degrees to the left and right with full deflection on my rudder pedals

TBH its not great on the real thing either. Many times need to use differential braking. Especially at very low speeds 

• Like 2

Roi Ben