56 minutes ago, ohny said:

Still have a basic question:

If not using the expert option: Are some of the settings of this option also valid if expert is not ticked?

If not, which settings does the app use in non-expert?

Maybe the answer is hidden in the description, but so much information ...

Thanks!

Fair point. The readme has become quite large as I explain more things in detail to avoid too many repetitive questions on them. However, no one has asked me this question yet, so:

Non-expert mode uses the following internal settings:

• FPS Tolerance - 5%
  • TLOD Minimum on Ground/Landing - enabled
  • Alt TLOD Base (coming up in the next version) - 1000 ft
  • Avg Descent Rate (coming up in the next version)  - 2000 fpm
  • TLOD Minimum - 50% of your current MSFS TLOD setting
  • TLOD Maximum - 200% of your current MSFS TLOD setting
  • Decrease Cloud Quality - enabled
  • Cloud Recovery TLOD - 2/5 between TLOD Minimum and TLOD Maximum
  • Auto OLOD (coming up in the next version) - disabled
  • Pause when MSFS lose focus - enabled in current version but will be disabled in the next version

That should be everything. At the risk of further bloating the already large readme, I might add this near the top.

Edit: I added it to the section where Use Expert Mode is described.

Edited by Reset XPDR
  • Like 2

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

2 minutes ago, mobiel said:

That does not work 

The only other option is to increase your display scaling in Windows settings, which is what I do, however that will also likely increase the scale of every Windows app. To be honest, if this app's window looks small on your system then other apps are likely small too, so the display scaling option might be worthwhile to try.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

1 minute ago, Reset XPDR said:

The only other option is to increase your display scaling in Windows settings, which is what I do, however that will also likely increase the scale of every Windows app. To be honest, if this app's window looks small on your system then other apps are likely small too, so the display scaling option might be worthwhile to try.

I'm using 5461x2880, and I wouldn't be able to use Windows if I didn't increase the scale in display settings. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

5 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I'm using 5461x2880, and I wouldn't be able to use Windows if I didn't increase the scale in display settings. 

I sit 3m from my TV monitors and I'm an old fart, so I have 250% scaling on the biggest one 150% on the other and it is wonderful. 🙂

• Like 2

I've tried different values, but it doesn't change the fact that the app window simply remains narrow and I can't expand and enlarge it

How complicated would it be do .apk app, that is connected to AutoFPS.exe in pc in same network? So it would be easy to use it without touching .exe in PC.

3 minutes ago, Corsten said:

How complicated would it be do .apk app, that is connected to AutoFPS.exe in pc in same network? So it would be easy to use it without touching .exe in PC.

I have no idea how to do that sorry.

10 minutes ago, mobiel said:

I've tried different values, but it doesn't change the fact that the app window simply remains narrow and I can't expand and enlarge it

I'm out of ideas. Looks like this app isn't suitable for you sorry.

1 minute ago, mobiel said:

https://ibb.co/vQSmH1Z

here is a screen how it looks

That is a DPI scaling issue, under the app's properties that I mentioned in my first suggestion. It should look like this when scaled correctly:

image.png?ex=65f2d522&is=65e06022&hm=98e

4 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

That is a DPI scaling issue, under the app's properties that I mentioned in my first suggestion. It should look like this when scaled correctly:

image.png?ex=65f2d522&is=65e06022&hm=98e

Yes, but I tried everything. Which setting should I set?

By the way thanks for the help

Just now, mobiel said:

I don't know to be honest. It depends on how your Windows is configured, not this app specifically, and that's something you're going to have to google and solve yourself.

3 hours ago, mobiel said:

@mobiel could you please let us know your monitor resolution?

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

I can reproduce this type of problem if I increase Text size above 100%. Note this is NOT the same as the overall Windows Scale control, since AutoFPS seems to handle that scaling setting nicely.

In the screenshot below I set Text size to 150%, and you can see the text gets too big for the AutoFPS window. I'm using Windows 11 - but in Windows 10 this is probably equivalent to Settings > Display > Make text bigger which I guess will do something similar.

spacer.png

Edited by FlakNine
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Reset XPDR said:

Fair point. The readme has become quite large as I explain more things in detail to avoid too many repetitive questions on them. However, no one has asked me this question yet, so:

Non-expert mode uses the following internal settings:

• FPS Tolerance - 5%
  • TLOD Minimum on Ground/Landing - enabled
  • Alt TLOD Base (coming up in the next version) - 1000 ft
  • Avg Descent Rate (coming up in the next version)  - 2000 fpm
  • TLOD Minimum - 50% of your current MSFS TLOD setting
  • TLOD Maximum - 200% of your current MSFS TLOD setting
  • Decrease Cloud Quality - enabled
  • Cloud Recovery TLOD - 2/5 between TLOD Minimum and TLOD Maximum
  • Auto OLOD (coming up in the next version) - disabled
  • Pause when MSFS lose focus - enabled in current version but will be disabled in the next version

That should be everything. At the risk of further bloating the already large readme, I might add this near the top.

Edit: I added it to the section where Use Expert Mode is described.

Thanks a lot! Good to know.where this information is documented.