19 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

Thanks for all the feedback on the latest test release everyone. 👍👍

I just did a 2 hour GA group flight in Bolivia, using FPS priority (TLOD Min on ground/landing unchecked) the whole time. The new target FPS tracking formula did a much better job than previous versions in maintaining my target FPS and I didn't notice any scenery pops for the whole flight. As such, I am very pleased with how this tracking change is now working.

Oh, and I saw someone imply that AutoFPS isn't working with the latest SU15 Beta. Has this been confirmed to be the case or is it still working just fine with the new SU15 Beta?

Speaking of TLOD min on ground/landing, did you see my prior note on the TLOD +50 if there's headroom not activating near the ground, but doing so on the ground?

Also, the TLOD min + seeing doesn't seem to persist between app runs.

It appears to be working for me with the latest su15beta.

a question - I may have missed it in these 49 pages but - I am using the FG mod on a 3090.  I noticed the FG active in the status line changes to inactive if MS loses focus. I sometimes will popup a gauge from the panel on my main screen and if it has focus - FG shows inactive.

Is this by design or have I missed a setting?

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

1 minute ago, vgbaron said:

It appears to be working for me with the latest su15beta.

a question - I may have missed it in these 49 pages but - I am using the FG mod on a 3090.  I noticed the FG active in the status line changes to inactive if MS loses focus. I sometimes will popup a gauge from the panel on my main screen and if it has focus - FG shows inactive.

Is this by design or have I missed a setting?

By design, or you would get a lot of FPS hunting whenever you lost focus because it would read half the frame rate.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, mmcmah said:

I think I may have uncovered a bug, though. I would expect the TLOD Min + option to work even if you have TLOD Min on Ground/Landing enabled, but even though I was flying at 100-200 ft AGL (I have Alt TLOD Base set to 250 ft) and had plenty of FPS headroom, my TLOD stayed at the TLOD Min value. As soon as I landed, it jumped to a 150 TLOD, working on the ground as I would have expected.

This is not a bug but how I implemented it. Essentially the only time you want TLOD changing by a large amount in one go is on the ground. TLOD Min + does work in the air but you have to climb high enough then descend low enough to have transitioned from TLOD priority to FPS priority and back again. The reason for this is that it gives the app plenty of time to gradually adjust to the lower initial TLOD should TLOD + not pan out for the landing. The last thing you want is TLOD either doubling or halving just as you are about to land.

Edited by Reset XPDR
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

10 minutes ago, mmcmah said:

By design, or you would get a lot of FPS hunting whenever you lost focus because it would read half the frame rate.

Got it!

Thanx!

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Purr said:

If I am using RTSS keeping fps locked at 50fps (which seems to work generally well) but I am using the frame generation mod so the msfs display of fps is often about half of that (25-30 fps). Which one does AutoFPS follow? What settings should I set it at in the app if this is the case please?

Thanks

AutoFPS will follow FG-FPS if it detects that FG is active. I recommend setting AutoFPS target FG-FPS to around 10% lower than your RTSS-lock. E.g. I'm locked at 80 and set AutoFPS target to 76. In your case I'd suggest setting target FPS to 45. 

1 hour ago, Reset XPDR said:

You are getting TLOD 200 priority because your MSFS default TLOD setting is 400 and it is taking half of it as the starting TLOD Min in non-expert mode. If you want something lower for non-expert mode, change your MSFS TLOD setting either at the main menu or, if in a flight, with the app not running.

Thanks for elaborating! I'll keep this in mind a probably do a non-expert mode flight next. 

Has this been confirmed to be the case or is it still working just fine with the new SU15 Beta?

Thankfully it's working, at least on my end. I updated to latest beta just before testing your latest build. 

I just did a 2 hour GA group flight in Bolivia, using FPS priority (TLOD Min on ground/landing unchecked) the whole time. The new target FPS tracking formula did a much better job than previous versions in maintaining my target FPS and I didn't notice any scenery pops for the whole flight. As such, I am very pleased with how this tracking change is now working.

That inspired me to do a GA flight from Peru to Ecuador 🙂 I'll use your settings. Just got Floyds Epic Clouds installed, so I'm excited to check out those 3/8 stratocumulus clouds 😄 

Actually @Reset XPDR, sorry to bother you, but which settings did you use? My guess is you must have been in expert mode. Did you at the same time enable auto-target-fps?

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

10 hours ago, flyblueskies said:

I'm a real fan of your programs. They've really come a long way!

I know I'm late to the program request, but one thing I have been thinking about as I use your programs...would it be possible to add an option to display the TLOD and OLOD in red, upper left hand corner, in a similar method to the ambiiouspilots-shiftzstats program?

That way, I don't have the complete dialog box taking up space either in my main screen or second screen. This would be much easier and to glance at...

I've had various requests relating to displaying sim values, either in game on the toolbar or on a transparent overlay externally, but I am not planning on doing any of these as UIs aren't my specialty and I personally object to having performance data in your face while in game as IMO it ruins the immersion. In other words, probably no sorry.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, kcjc073 said:

AutoFPS software has been upgraded and kept up to date. I use RTSS to lock the FPS at 80, which allows me to fly with almost no stuttering and keep the picture smooth even when looking at different directions. I also flew with the same AutoFPS parameters (Use Expert Options On ,Start flight at 1500ft)at low altitude in New York, and the overall behaviour was stable, although it varied from update to update. The last update showed a strange behaviour, it was easy to go above LOD300 at low altitude, which led to severe stuttering, sometimes going up to LOD400 at low altitude, which is the highest LOD I have set.

Update: Adjusted FPS Sensitivity from 5 to 2, didn't select any plus sign or cloud LOD, flew 1480ft circles over Manhattan. LOD seems to be stable around 220, I need to test it more.

This suggests to me your target FPS is too low. Set it much closer to your RTSS lock of 80. Previously I would have said 10% lower, but you can probably go much less lower now that FPS tolerance is no longer being used. Maybe even 79 would do it. Or try the new Auto Target FPS feature. There's only one way to find out!

Edited by Reset XPDR

9 hours ago, RJC68 said:

Not sure if I am missing something here,

I tried this and my TLOD was 400 sitting at the gate of IniBuilds EGNM in the Fenix causing stutters. Is this correct? Why would you need such a high TLOD sitting at the ground

If by this you mean non-expert mode then the only reason your TLOD is sitting at 400 is that your MSFS default setting is double this at 800. Set it much lower in MSFS settings in the MSFS main menu or with the app not running.

6 hours ago, Andy2640 said:

Ok, so ive now got some more information, regarding what went down in my own auto-fps use. It still puzzles me somewhat, because at one stage i seen it working flawlessly. Strange.

You were right, 5% doesn't cut mustard. At 5% it remains at my base TLOD of 100.  With my system, this causes stutters above 2000ft.

At 10% of my lock of 36fps (32) it does function. But because the FPS never drops, I only get increases of TLOD once past 1000ft.  The increase is fairly rapid, and takes around 10 seconds to reach my maximum.  However, because my system is robust, it can take it, and causes only a few "blips" of instability. Way less than i was getting before.  As others have mentioned, MSFS is rather an unstable platform, and getting consistent results, and thus providing consistent feedback is always iffy at best.  

If only i could get a slow decrease in FPS descending, as what seems to occur, is a whopping wack down from 225 to TLOD min - of 100 under 1000ft, which again causes a "blip" or two.  97% there, but no champagne.  It would be magic, truly magic, if somehow it would wiggle itself down slowly, it would be perfect, but i cant see a way to do this.  Perhaps "Dynamic TLOD would be more suited in my case, although i much prefer the auto-fps app,  because its so much more user friendly.

As it stands, im getting benefits from the app, even though its not fully being utilised.  

As mentioned before, I am using VR with 36fps (half 72hz) with ASW enabled.  So i have made sure i have plenty of headroom above that number, which keeps me in safe territory, even with a rapidly increasing TLOD.  

May i enquire about the new version you mentioned. Would this new version be somehow fully functional with my situation do you think?

Btw, I still feel strongly you should be compensated for your efforts, youve taken a hell of a lot of time here, gave so much joy to others, and have really been great all-round. 

Anyways, THANK YOU.

Per the readme, previous versions of this app struggle with FPS caps like ASW because it needed a tolerance band to work properly that forced a lower than desired target FPS needing to be set. The latest 0.4.2 test version has a new target FPS tracking formula, which should deal much better with FPS caps and allow you to have a target FPS much closer to your FPS cap. It would be great if you could try out the latest test version and let me know if it is any better in that regard.

3 hours ago, Purr said:

If I am using RTSS keeping fps locked at 50fps (which seems to work generally well) but I am using the frame generation mod so the msfs display of fps is often about half of that (25-30 fps). Which one does AutoFPS follow? What settings should I set it at in the app if this is the case please?

Thanks

There are answers to all of those questions in the readme.

27 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

If by this you mean non-expert mode then the only reason your TLOD is sitting at 400 is that your MSFS default setting is double this at 800. Set it much lower in MSFS settings in the MSFS main menu or with the app not running.

I think I might have messed up, I had the MSFS setting at 400 and was in non expert mode. I need to experiment further so I understand what is supposed to happen 

• Like 2

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Posted (edited)

Does anyone actually use the Open Window on App Start checkbox? It's a hangover from the DynamicLOD app and I never use it and don't think others do either so I am thinking of getting rid of it entirely and using that space in non-expert mode to give a radio button option for either FPS priority (VFR)  or TLOD priority (IFR).

The code is already there to be able to do both in non-expert mode and I could also get rid of the TLOD Min on ground/landing checkbox, because it is exactly the same as TLOD priority anyway, and just use this simpler nomenclature instead, applicable to non-expert and expert mode alike. I've done a UI mock-up below. What do you think?

First, the old:

image.png?ex=66036290&is=65f0ed90&hm=c8f

And the new would look like:

image.png?ex=660368f2&is=65f0f3f2&hm=f87

image.png?ex=66036a23&is=65f0f523&hm=313

Edited by Reset XPDR
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

Does anyone actually use the Open Window on App Start checkbox?

I just started using it, just as a reminder to set it up, then I leave it in the background / in the taskbar. But I'm 100% fine with you removing it 🙂

10 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

The code is already there to be able to do both in non-expert mode and I could also get rid of the TLOD Min on ground/landing checkbox, because it is exactly the same as TLOD priority anyway, and just use this simpler nomenclature instead, applicable to non-expert and expert mode alike. I've done a UI mock-up below. What do you think?

I think that if the TLOD Min on ground/landing checkbox is redundant anyway, it's a good idea to swap it for something more useful. Having the ability to change b/w TLOD and FPS priority would be awesome!

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

33 minutes ago, RJC68 said:

I think I might have messed up, I had the MSFS setting at 400 and was in non expert mode. I need to experiment further so I understand what is supposed to happen 

It is easy to have done this if you have been using expert mode all the time before as you never had to care about what your default TLOD is set to, so don't be too critical of yourself. Blame me! 😄

• Like 1