Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Music

iniBuilds iniManager disaster.

Quite a number of us are having disastrous problems with the iniBuilds iniManager. We can't download, we can't installl, we can't update, nothing. The program either gets stuck in a loop, or crashes. We have tried all the suggestions given us, such re-installation of the manager, turning off AV, you name it nothing works. There are numerous posts on the iniBuilds forum about this, but no answers. iniBuilds has been very silent about this. Does anyone know what might be the problem?

Lee

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Have you tried uninstalling the ini manager and removing all folders and files relating to it (in app data etc, not just the installation folder......  then reinstalling from scratch?

I used it this morning to reinstall the A300-600 afresh and it worked perfectly.   So a fresh installation might just fix the Gremlins you are seeing.  (But deleting the app data files is essential, as you may have a prolematic config file that might still be read by a fresh install, if you don't delete them first.

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Hi 

I am having exactly the same problem as yourself, uninstalling, reinstalling etc.etc. without any success.

Reported the problem,  however no useful help forthcoming from IniBuilds apart from the uninstalling/reinstalling 'standard' script.

Just out of curiosity I installed the  Manager on my spare (non-flying) computer, both running Windows 11, and lo and behold it works!!

I have no idea what is the problem with my main computer and I thought the IniBuilds would have figured it out by now.

As has been mentioned, none of the other 'managers' seem to have the problems that IniBuilds seem to be having.

Here's hoping that they can bring out a long overdue 'fix'

Al

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Alastair said:

As has been mentioned, none of the other 'managers' seem to have the problems that IniBuilds seem to be having.

Agreed. I am generally a fan of iniBuilds, but the iniManager is generally quite buggy and they don't seem to be able to make it stable.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JYW said:

Have you tried uninstalling the ini manager and removing all folders and files relating to it (in app data etc, not just the installation folder......  then reinstalling from scratch?

I used it this morning to reinstall the A300-600 afresh and it worked perfectly.   So a fresh installation might just fix the Gremlins you are seeing.  (But deleting the app data files is essential, as you may have a prolematic config file that might still be read by a fresh install, if you don't delete them first.

Done all of the above! Didn't work.

Lee

• Upvote 1

Lee H

2 hours ago, Midnight Music said:

Quite a number of us are having disastrous problems with the iniBuilds iniManager. We can't download, we can't installl, we can't update, nothing. The program either gets stuck in a loop, or crashes. We have tried all the suggestions given us, such re-installation of the manager, turning off AV, you name it nothing works. There are numerous posts on the iniBuilds forum about this, but no answers. iniBuilds has been very silent about this. Does anyone know what might be the problem?

Lee

Is it possible that you cannot properly connect to their servers ? I had changed my DNS settings to one that had a privacy configuration and subsequently found out a few days later that the updater for Rex Accuseason had stopped working. The moment i reverted to my default DNS settings or a more public one like google DNS i was able to download and update Accuseason files again.

Maybe the same thing is happening here ..

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Try to buy their products on another store?.

Edited by edpatino
  • Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

2 hours ago, Maxis said:

Is it possible that you cannot properly connect to their servers ? I had changed my DNS settings to one that had a privacy configuration and subsequently found out a few days later that the updater for Rex Accuseason had stopped working. The moment i reverted to my default DNS settings or a more public one like google DNS i was able to download and update Accuseason files again.

Maybe the same thing is happening here ..

It's a good thought and I did consider that. However, all my other apps are working fine. This is the only one that doesn't, so it's something on their end. What surprises me most is that they don't say anything about it. There are tons of comments about the problem on their forum, yet silence.

• Like 1

Lee H

49 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

It's a good thought and I did consider that. However, all my other apps are working fine. This is the only one that doesn't, so it's something on their end. What surprises me most is that they don't say anything about it. There are tons of comments about the problem on their forum, yet silence.

Rex accuseason was the only thing that didnt work on my system (Everything else worked) as well but considering your saying that multiple people are reporting the issue .. Maybe its something else. If your presently  using your default ISP specified DNS then you probably don't have an issue but if you had changed it i would try a different DNS service and give it a try.. Worst case. you can change it back.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

I have had this problem for some time now.  Tried everything including reinstalling the app and clearing out the download caches as they recommend.

All my other updaters worked just fine (Orbx, Simmarket, PMDG etc.).

I have been trying to download an A300 update, but it keeps bouncing back when reaching about 85%.

This is using my higher speed 5G connection.  I downloaded the A300 originally on my old, really slow land line connection overnight, but not a very good solution long term.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Have you checked the Windows Event Log to see if there is any corresponding error log when the app crashes (probably under the Application log)?

Edited by s0cks

On 2/27/2024 at 11:35 AM, Midnight Music said:

Lee

Haven’t had a single problem with the manager here. Works great.

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

I'm having the same problem here too. CTDs, hung downloads, etc. Someone on their Discord said they are "looking into it" but nothing more than that.

• Like 1

well, my ini manager seemingly works but who knows? unfortunately I see no version numbers on their website (or do I miss that information) so I have no idea whether EGNM v1.0.1 as shown in the inimanager is indeed the latest and greatest version?

• Upvote 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"