Sign in to follow this  
captain420

How to link Fenix Liveries to MSFS Addons Linker?

They worked fine on my setup. I have the liveries I downloaded from flightsim.to on a different drive linked through Addons Linker. 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

10 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

With B2, all the liveries are combined into one folder in the community folder. The folder name is fnx-aircraft-320-liveries. To be able to install/remove liveries from Livery Manager, the folder has to be present in the community folder. 

When using addons linker, it's important that fnx-aircraft-320-liveries is active whenever Livery Manager is used.

I had already done this but not showing individual liveries in addonlinker

steve southey

55 minutes ago, JustanotherPilot said:

I had already done this but not showing individual liveries in addonlinker

Not with Fenix B2, it's different. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

Hi,

With the new livery manager, you will notice the the "layout.json" in the "fnx-aircraft-320-liveries" folder is always updated when a new livery is added... what I did is download a single livery, then move the "fnx-aircraft-320-liveries" folder to my desired location, then activate the link in Addons Linker, hence making the symbolic link in the community folder, then add all the other liveries I want.  The symbolic link will direct all the liveries to the final location of the "fnx-aircraft-320-liveries" folder... easy peezy... Yes you will have to use the Fenix Livery Manager for the liveries... if however you are downloading liveries from fs.to, then simply create another folder exclusively for those downloaded liveries, as they do not depend on the Fenix Livery Manager.

Hope that makes sense...

Faisal Niazi

Hi Captain420,

Okay, move or copy the folder over to the new location? If you move the original folder, then when you download new liveries using the Fenix Livery Manager, it won't find the folder to download the liveres to I'm assuming.

All you have to do in the linker is click on the a320 liveries folder and a shortcut will appear in the community folder. Download the Fenix liveries desired. I tried a United livery and it worked fine.

Note: I bought my B737's direct from PMDG and their updates work the same way.

Jim Morgan