Sign in to follow this  
roi1862

Fenix displays are too dark now

Did you notice the mfd’s are too dark now even at full brightness ? I mean it really hard to see info.

Edited by roi1862

Roi Ben

No issues  at my end

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

52 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

No issues  at my end

Maybe you don't notice and maybe its not an issue, but they are about half as bright as previous version. 

Anyone knows a trick in MSFS values to make it brighter ? 

Edited by roi1862

Roi Ben

10 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

but they are about half as bright as previous version. 

Not quite half. I used to dial back the brightness to half on the knobs in the previous version to get a realistic brightness, as they are quite hard to read in the sunlight in real life and where way too readable by default in the sim.

Now I only have to dial them back to about 70% to get the same result.

But that they are too dark on your display makes me wonder if your monitor is correctly callibrated. Or do you used HDR by chance? My monitor is so old that it doesn't even have that, so maybe that is a factor?

Edited by Farlis

2 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Not quite half. I used to dial back the brightness to half on the knobs in the previous version to get a realistic brightness, as they are quite hard to read in the sunlight in real life and where way too readable by default in the sim.

Now I only have to dial them back to about 70% to get the same result.

But that they are too dark on your display makes me wonder if your monitor is correctly callibrated. Or do you used HDR by chance? My monitor is so old that it doesn't even have that, so maybe that is a factor?

Hi Farlis, 

No not using HDR, and my screen is settings are not touched forever...

When you say you dial them back you mean at night ? its not like they are hard to read in direct sunlight, they are hard to read even when they are fully shadowed.

Roi Ben

20 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

Hi Farlis, 

No not using HDR, and my screen is settings are not touched forever...

When you say you dial them back you mean at night ? its not like they are hard to read in direct sunlight, they are hard to read even when they are fully shadowed.

No, I also dial them back at day. Always to about half way on the rotary knobs during the day. At night even more. When all the whiteness in the blacks has vanished, they are set about right. That does make elements of them harder to see. Like the mode annunciators in the PFD. But that is realistic.

Edited by Farlis

3 minutes ago, Farlis said:

No, I also dial them back at day. Always to about half way on the rotary knobs during the day. At night even more. When all the whiteness in the blacks has vanished, they are set about right. That does make elements of them harder to see. Like the mode annunciators in the PFD. But that is realistic.

During daytime i would lower it during cloudy conditions, in previous build. Now during cloudy condition full bright is just about right.

Roi Ben

Just now, roi1862 said:

During daytime i would lower it during cloudy conditions, in previous build. Now during cloudy condition full bright is just about right.

That's interesting. I don't see that on my end. I'm currently in the air looking at them, and they seem to be a tad darker, than they used to be, but not excessively and dialing them fully up is not necesarry on my end.

I’m finding the displays to be a bit dark even on full brightness during the day. The previous version they where to bright. 

• Like 3

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

B1 or B2 with hdr on, find difficult to see red text like altitude constraint or airspeed 

Frédéric Giraud

It's the same for me. At night everything is good visible but at daylight I've a hard time seeing the numbers on the ND cause it's too dark.

• Like 1

Yep. Anyone remember the method to upscale the threshold of the screens brightness ? 

Roi Ben

This is a screen shot I took this morning. How did they not see that this was not bright enough?

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

This is a screen shot I took this morning. How did they not see that this was not bright enough?

If you are cynical you will need to mention it somehow because its not going through text. 

But if you not, then i got no clue. Plus when you zoom in on the display is dosnt reflect it due to eye adaption making it brighter. 

Roi Ben

It will always be a compromise I guess. This is how it looked like before during daytime in a cloudlayer, I much prefer the new displays over having to constantly adjust the brightness flying in and out of clouds.spacer.png

• Upvote 1