Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

P3Dv5.3 with EA - how to remove colour cast?

11 hours ago, kmax59 said:

It may not have more options, but the included automated features are far more advanced, and the main reason here is that Envplus directly touches the EA shaders, which RDshade doesn't.

Well, Many of the RDshade settings I've adjusted do affect EA.  I can change the sky saturation and sky fog, for example.

The overall scenery brightness, terrain brightness, and VC cockpit brightness can be changed individually.  The scene tone color component levels can be changed individually.

Look, some may like ENVPLUS better and that's great.

I've used both ENVPLUS and RDshade and prefer the control and settings that RDshade provides.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

5 hours ago, Rogen said:

Not sure by what you mean ?

ReShade doesn't have an interface in the P3D settings screen.

There will be a need for the below Prepar3D.cfg entry.

[USERINTERFACE]
// Set UIHardwareAcceleration from True (the default) to False to enable reshade use.
UIHardwareAcceleration=False

And there are a few things to configure which a first run tutorial should run through.

The ReShade UI looks like the pic in the line below, where I've assigned to the TAB key for openng.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/641584-bloom-in-v54-doyou-use-it-above-0/?do=findComment&comment=5057743

Cheers

Well mine did. It put its own interface into the P3D start up screen and messed up everything. It looked nothing like what you show. Yes, I did download it from the official site.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, dave2013 said:

Look, some may like ENVPLUS better and that's great.

Oh my message was not meant to tell you that you SHOULD prefer Envplus but to tell Envplus is not less advanced. The purpose was more to tell you that you may have missed some features of Envplus, and may be if you give it another try (does not hurt as you already own it) and look closer to details you'll find that you'll get much better results, which is quite logical when your competitor only, at least partially, retro-engineered what you've done, the original author always knows better what he's doing.

Well, Many of the RDshade settings I've adjusted do affect EA.  I can change the sky saturation and sky fog, for example.

Still, you have more options to work with in Envplus when it comes to EA, for example you can also change the colour of the sky, dawn/dusk and daytime independently, which is more than welcome considering the sky textures have no impact on EA.

The overall scenery brightness, terrain brightness, and VC cockpit brightness can be changed individually.  The scene tone color component levels can be changed individually.

There is a reason why Envshade/Envplus does not provide separated VC and external models brightness, scenery brightness and terrain brightness individually. The simulator has a complex behaviour when it comes to objects, and the way RDshade (as well as PTA in the past) are separating these settings are actually wrong, you may end up with the fuselage using the external model brightness but wing and engines using the internal brightness. Envshade/plus prevents this by adjusting the balance between the various settings chosen by the users, which is much more clever than letting the user changing values and get weird results with some aircraft model, some sceneries...etc

First example that comes to my mind: look at the A330 from Aerosoft and check engine colour and fuselage colour with different brightness level for VC and external model, you will immediatly see what I mean.

Edited by kmax59

Maxime
TOGA projects

3 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

Well mine did. It put its own interface into the P3D start up screen and messed up everything. It looked nothing like what you show. Yes, I did download it from the official site.

Sounds more like the Prepar3D.cfg didn't have the  UIHardwareAcceleration=False setting added.

Without that config setting the P3D UI would certainly be messed up.

UI hardware acceleration was one of those changes LM made without givng due thought, and where they later subsequently provisioned the config setting to disable it.

I've found ReShade to be a fine and very usefull application, not only for P3D but other games as well.

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

11 hours ago, Rogen said:

[USERINTERFACE]
// Set UIHardwareAcceleration from True (the default) to False to enable reshade use.
UIHardwareAcceleration=False

I do not have such entry and Reshade works perfectly, is it really needed?

Artur 

The main trick is to workout what shaders you want and then remove the rest (I move to a alternate folder), this is because there are many many shaders and more = more load and shader compiling time.

I admit I'm far from knowledgeable on all this shader stuff and lack the enthusiam to learn all about it. I just want to resolve the blueish cast in the sim.

Also you'll need an entry in your Prepar3D.cfg,

I have changed that from True to False.

I'll await for Maxime's screenshots and then make a decision. Keeping to one set of products from the same developer makes sense.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I'll await for Maxime's screenshots and then make a decision. Keeping to one set of products from the same developer makes sense.

I'm not sure when I'll be able to provide improvements on what I've already shown though 😅 but you can already tweak further what I've shown on the previous page where I used a 0.6 value instead of 1, decreasing this value will further decrease the haze and also tweak the sky and clouds to balance everything as you wish 😉 

Edited by kmax59

Maxime
TOGA projects

2 hours ago, kmax59 said:

I'm not sure when I'll be able to provide improvements on what I've already shown though 😅 but you can already tweak further what I've shown on the previous page where I used a 0.6 value instead of 1, decreasing this value will further decrease the haze and also tweak the sky and clouds to balance everything as you wish 😉 

Understood Maxime. I was curious about the look of the ground from higher altitudes. And what the skies look like at FL500+ in Concorde.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Posted (edited)
On 3/1/2024 at 7:43 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Hi @polosim, that option is set to "No change", same as yours.

I've been reading through the ASP3D user manual this morning. Apparently if you have EA enabled there's no benefit to having ASCA installed. I didn't know that. Have others using EA also stopped using it?

"Prevent ASP3D EA Volumetric cloud control is enabled, Enable detailed EA clouds is disabled in accordance with the manual.

Visibility seems okay. It's just this bluish cast which according to Bob is difficult if not impossible to remove with the commercial toold available.

So, for now, I'm going to prevent ASCA from running and assess the situation.

I use Cloud Art and I do indeed love what it does for the sim with Active Sky.  Yes, I have some blue tint, but I'm going to play "devil's advocate" here.  When I fly in person (and I fly quite a bit), I also see the blue haze on the horizon in real life.  It isn't always super clear, and the sky does have haze in it almost always.  I love EA and have been using it continually for a few years.  Without it, P3d looks too bright and quite cartoonish, IMHO.  I accept the fact that P3d looks hazy and a little "bluish" with EA on, but I really think it looks more like the REAL thing than with EA off.  My opinion, of course, but my LG monitor (IPS, 4K, 60hz) seems to present the world as I think it really looks.

Stan

ps.  I'll be flying to Lithuania, Estonia, and Latvia later this month.  Having visited Europe many times, I have not visited these Baltic countries, yet.  I always wanted to visit Russia, but I guess this will be as close as I can get. I will closely look at the skies.

Edited by spilok

54 minutes ago, spilok said:

I use Cloud Art and I do indeed love what it does for the sim with Active Sky.

You might already know this, but with EA on any sky color addons won't have any effect.

The only way to tweak the sky color is by using a shader control app like ENVPLUS, Reshade, or RDshade.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

You know what I'd like to have when I use EA off? The halo on the Sun. I miss the ambient lighting in P3D 4.x so much....

I'm "forced" to use EA in v5, which as we all know has problems and/or has been left unfinished.

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

9 hours ago, spilok said:

I also see the blue haze on the horizon in real life. 

Stan, I’m not talking about blue haze on the horizon. The whole view has the cast. And the higher you go the more pronounced it is.

It seems LM didn’t give this much attention so third party tools are now required to reduce it to a more acceptable level.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

10 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Understood Maxime. I was curious about the look of the ground from higher altitudes. And what the skies look like at FL500+ in Concorde.

Oh okay, let me do that again then 😉

• Like 1

Maxime
TOGA projects

Posted (edited)

Hi @Ray Proudfoot

Here you go, first one is default, second one is with Envplus adjusted to 0.6 horizon haze

2024-3-3-10-25-9-627.png

2024-3-3-10-25-38-327.png

And here is the look of the sky at FL540, unfortunately there's no way to remove those bands and create a smoother transition, that's how true sky is implemented here 😕

2024-3-3-10-28-53-200.png

Edited by kmax59
  • Like 1

Maxime
TOGA projects

25 minutes ago, kmax59 said:

Here you go, first one is default, second one is with Envplus adjusted to 0.6 horizon haze

Thanks Maxime. It’s interesting that changing the horizon haze value makes the terrain below much clearer. On a flight to Olbia yesterday in a Lear 25 the island was barely visible from 30 miles out. EnvPlus sounds like it can improve things for me.

Thanks for taking the time to provide these screenshots. Credit card being dusted off. 😁

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather