Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

P3Dv5.3 with EA - how to remove colour cast?

Thanks for your trust Ray 🙂

• Like 1

Maxime
TOGA projects

12 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Thanks Maxime. It’s interesting that changing the horizon haze value makes the terrain below much clearer. On a flight to Olbia yesterday in a Lear 25 the island was barely visible from 30 miles out. EnvPlus sounds like it can improve things for me.

Thanks for taking the time to provide these screenshots. Credit card being dusted off. 😁

Ray,

Can't wait to hear how EnvPlus works out for you.  Hoping for the best, and then I will dust off my credit card.

I tried your setting on my system and this is the result from FL390 over Phoenix, Arizona.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/uini1navic7uowwjlbjz5/Haze-reduction.jpg?rlkey=crjul42tpo8lsf7ezc01j0vpb&dl=0

• Like 2

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Okay chaps, here's two screenshots taken at 40,000ft over Manchester Airport looking SW.

The first is the default with EnvShade / Plus not running. The second is with the following changes:-

Horizon Haze 0.6
Atmospheric Scattering tint 0.8 (to enhance green)

The improvement is significant. The haze is greatly reduced and I can now see the ground clearly at higher altitudes than at default. Well done @kmax59, you've made my sim more enjoyable.

Just one query. Despite having ASP3D / ASCA installed and pointing to the ASCA folder I cannot enable ASCA Integration. It remains disabled. Any clues?

Default_40000ft.jpg

nvPlus_HorizonHaze_06_Scatt_Lower-40000ft.jpg

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Once this has evolved to the point where nothing more can be done to further reduce the blue hazey tint, and you (@Ray and others) are satisfied with the end result, please post the settings that got you to that point.  I also have the blue haze tint like Ray and have ENV Plus, so will be interested to try the changes.

Kindest regards and best wishes,

Glenn

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

6 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Just one query. Despite having ASP3D / ASCA installed and pointing to the ASCA folder I cannot enable ASCA Integration. It remains disabled. Any clues?

Ray, I don't think ASCA works with EA on.

I9-9900, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3090 FTW

11 minutes ago, Sabre57 said:

Ray, I don't think ASCA works with EA on.

There’s nothing in the documentation about that. @kmax59, could you confirm please?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Glad you are happy with the results @Ray Proudfoot 🙂 

About ASCA integration, may be this is not really clear in the app but it's mainly a feature of Envtex that allows Envdir to inject Envtex sky textures and cloud textures into ASCA, so if you don't own Envtex this feature is disabled automatically as it has no access to the required data. That being said, ASCA actually works with EA for clouds if you don't use the volumetric ones 😉 

• Like 1

Maxime
TOGA projects

@kmax59, thanks Maxime. Makes sense. What I have done is to choose a different cloud theme - Armageddon in ASCA. The clouds definitely look better than those using default ASCA settings. Subjective of course. I don’t have volumetric clouds enabled.

Do you and other developers learn all this from detective work or did LM release info in an SDK.

I do find it odd there are no options to reduce blue. Pity there aren’t individual sliders for RBG so users can adjust the three primary colours to their liking.

Talking of sliders they’ve disappeared with EnvPlus. Adjusting cockpit black level is now done by entering a numeric value rather than adjusting a slider. I find the cockpit brightness is below that before adding EnvPlus despite setting it to 0.01. Why?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

53 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I do find it odd there are no options to reduce blue. Pity there aren’t individual sliders for RBG so users can adjust the three primary colours to their liking.

RGB can be adjusted thru NCP, but, it will effect the entire scene not just the sky.

My Dell 32” 4K has several screen presets that I rotated thru to get the blue tint under control and followed up with EnvPlus horizon reduction to .5

Ray, does your BenQ have these presets? Might want to check unless you’ve already done this. 

Kmax, what is the range on EnvPlus presets? .1 to 1.0 to 1.9 or similiar?

4 minutes ago, newtie said:

Ray, does your BenQ have these presets? Might want to check unless you’ve already done this. 

It does have alternative presets such as sRGB but I'm reluctant to change from User Defined as the display has been calibrated with a SpyderPro.

I appreciate the suggestion but I can live with the cast. The increased visibility is more important.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

There’s nothing in the documentation about that.

Sky color addons will not have any effect with EA enabled.

If you're just using ASCA for the clouds then there's no issue.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

@dave2013, there is an effect actually. The reduction of haze works looking up as well as down. Skies are bluer! 👍 No need for any further adjustment.

Clearly visible in my screenshots earlier.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Posted (edited)

Nice looking results Ray. Thanks for bringing this topic to light. I have just bought ENVPlus to give these a try myself.

Edited by Garys

On 3/3/2024 at 2:55 PM, spilok said:

Ray,

Can't wait to hear how EnvPlus works out for you.  Hoping for the best, and then I will dust off my credit card.

Go get it. Great shader program that I've used for quite some time.