Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

TDS GTNXi Pro with Navigraph Support released!

This is incredible! Having used the Garmin Trainer based GPS units for Flight Simulator for over 20 years, I never thought this day would come: Official Navigraph Support!

dbcycle01.jpg

The GTNXi Pro is a new release and available for €65. Existing customers can upgrade for €25:

More infos and pictures in the Navigraph Blog: https://navigraph.com/blog/tds-gtnxi

And of course on the product page: https://www.tdssim.com/ProUpgrade/main

https://www.tdssim.com/tdsgtnxi

Edited by Tim-HH
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 1

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Wow... I abandoned the PMS50 version after my first year, partly because I got GNS430 hardware so found myself using that much more, but also because the feature-set seemed to be drifting further and further away from the actual unit. Now that this has the navigation data (and is cheaper!) I think I'll have to give it a go!

Oh man...crazy!  So glad to see this!

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Interesting. But I always forget: this one is NOT the GTN that works with the trainer, right...? It's a simulated one. Or isn't it? I always forget which one of the two available GTN's uses the trainer. I never was really interested in either package because the one with the trainer has an old database while the one that was simulated (so not with the trainer) has less features (afaik the one with the trainer is the only one that offers ALL options of the GTN... right...?)

If this indeed the one with the trainer and it has indeed each and every option available (so it's totally and utterly realistic and complete) then I might consider buying this one now it's got Navigraph support... I might buy it together with the A2A Comanche then (because I don't yet have a high quality plane in which I could use the GTN).

This IS the one with the trainer.  And they have made it compatible with navigraph... 

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 minute ago, ryanbatc said:

This IS the one with the trainer.  And they have made it compatible with navigraph... 

Wow... never expected to see that happening... The trainer is the one from Garmin itself, right? So complete as can be? I think they've got a real winner on their hands with this one!

I'll have to look which plane I should get for it! Thought about the Comanche but perhaps there are even more interesting options.

MSFS really changed this hobby, didn't it...! From a dead old sim we now have the most alive sim ever! 🙂

Edited by tup61
  • Like 1

word not allowed, I just went with the PMS50 for a year 4 days ago.

Well, then I guess I have to wait until next year before I make the switch. 😉

1 minute ago, Farlis said:

word not allowed, I just went with the PMS50 for a year 4 days ago.

Well, then I guess I have to wait until next year before I make the switch. 😉

You have to pay every year for the PMS50...? Is it subscription based...? (EDIT O, wait, Premium version lifetime: €75... well, okay, then this TDS still is cheaper!) Why? The TDS one is far more complete and realistic...!

Edited by tup61

8 minutes ago, tup61 said:

You have to pay every year for the PMS50...? Is it subscription based...? Why? The TDS one is far more complete and realistic...!

Yes. 25€ for a one year license. Or 75€ for a non limited license. I went with it because TDS had no AIRAC update integration through Navigraph.

And now 4 days later it has it... Gaaah!

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Yes. 25€ for a one year license. Or 75€ for a non limited license. I went with it because TDS had no AIRAC update integration through Navigraph.

And now 4 days later it has it... Gaaah!

I feel your pain...

I’m a BETA tester for TDS and we’ve been testing this for several months! It’s rock solid and works perfectly! So glad this has been made public. 

• Like 4

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

57 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Why?

The TDS navigation database can only be updated when the underlying trainer database is updated. Someone else will chime in and explain what that is, but it is most certainly not monthly as are the Navigraph charts. So your charts and your database are almost always out of sync. For some folks, it's no problem, but for others it's a total deal-breaker.

Pay your money and make your choice..... Some will prefer fidelity to the RL unit, others accuracy of the navigation database. The odds on my ever flying one of these units are precisely zero, so absolute fidelity doesn't seem as important as consistency and convenience. Others will feel differently.

EDIT: This new version of TDS appears to permit monthly updating of the database, so my comment above is incorrect.

Edited by jrw4
  • Like 1

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

17 minutes ago, jrw4 said:

The TDS navigation database can only be updated when the underlying trainer database is updated. Someone else will chime in and explain what that is, but it is most certainly not monthly as are the Navigraph charts.

Well, the product page tells a different story, that you can now update each and every AIRAC cycle assuming you have a Navigraph subscription allowing to have it up to date always...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Just now, AnkH said:

Well, the product page tells a different story, that you can now update each and every AIRAC cycle assuming you have a Navigraph subscription allowing to have it up to date always...

Yes you can update it every month from Navigraph, just like you do with your FMS data and it’s wonderful! 

• Upvote 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

21 minutes ago, jrw4 said:

The TDS navigation database can only be updated when the underlying trainer database is updated. Someone else will chime in and explain what that is, but it is most certainly not monthly as are the Navigraph charts. So your charts and your database are almost always out of sync. For some folks, it's no problem, but for others it's a total deal-breaker.

Pay your money and make your choice..... Some will prefer fidelity to the RL unit, others accuracy of the navigation database. The odds on my ever flying one of these units are precisely zero, so absolute fidelity doesn't seem as important as consistency and convenience. Others will feel differently.

Er... I think you didn't read the opening post...? This topic is about the TDS GTN now getting monthly Navigraph updates! (If you have a sub, of course.) So the dealbreaker has been dealt with!

BTW I think this news is absolutely killing for the PMS50... Why pay MORE for a device that's less complete while you can get the complete real deal for cheaper?

Edited by tup61
  • Like 1