Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

TDS GTNXi Pro with Navigraph Support released!

Instant purchase without even watching A330 Driver's video, now all I need is the Black Square Dukes! 😄 😄 😄

Jay

| PPL ASEL |
| Ryzen 7 7800x3D | MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming Trio 24Gb | ASUS X670E-E ROG Strix | 64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 | 32' 4K HDR | Windows 11

1 minute ago, Cpt_Piett said:

The AP panel location is indeed horrendous, how did they come up with that? I agree, the C414 is also an excellent choice. 

If you speak of the KA, I agree. For a solution click the annnunciators over the six pack and see some magic!

2nd degree...
This is the difference between being a TDS team and a PMS team. That’s why we had to stay on TDS. 😉

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

32 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Question... One limiting factor of the GTNXi in my flying is that the Garmin database does not include many of the smaller airstrips that are present in MSFS.  How is the Navigraph database in that regard?

Navigraph doesn't have all the smaller airfields that MSFS does. Only the PMS50 unit uses the MSFS database, so it has them all.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mmcmah said:

Navigraph doesn't have all the smaller airfields that MSFS does. Only the PMS50 unit uses the MSFS database, so it has them all.

So that might be the tradeoff..  TDS more realistic in its interaction, PMS has all the little MSFS airfields..

I manually add custom airfields to the GTNXi as I need them, but it certainly would be convenient to have them all there.. 😉

Bert

26 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

The AP panel location is indeed horrendous, how did they come up with that?

I think the King Air was inspired by regional airliner design, where radios and autopilot are often between the seats with both pilots having access. In the real plane, you can just reach down and operate by touch, and twist your head if you need to check what you are doing. In the sim, the location between the seats is really awkward..

Later versions of the King Air actually moved the autopilot to the top of the panel where it is in view.

• Like 1

Bert

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

I like the layout of the panel in the Bonanza.. everything at hand, and a very nice autopilot.

The King Air has its gauges scattered all over the place.. note the autopilot location!

If you really want a twin, the C414 would be my choice.

If you just want something faster... the TBM850 is the best turboprop in my hangar.

But you can use the autopilot buttons just above the attitude indicator - black square made that as an option.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, JonathanC said:

Just bought this, but I get a blank screen in the BlackSquare planes. I checked the manual but there's no specific help for this (not using Avast Antivirus, and already set up an exclusion in Windows Defender). The software is running on my desktop and I see it in the taskbar and can see the settings interface (it says "Connected to Flight Simulator")

I must be missing something simple - how do you get the GTNxi working in MSFS?

I think you have to enable the TDSNXi in the aircraft's settings (in the tablet for BS aircraft I believe). Have you done that?

24 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

In the real plane, you can just reach down and operate by touch, and twist your head if you need to check what you are doing.

Don’t know how many times I’ve dreamt of doing that whilst simming in the KA. Still a great addon though!

54 minutes ago, btacon said:

If you speak of the KA, I agree. For a solution click the annnunciators over the six pack and see some magic!

I have no idea what I’ll see, but I sense that I’m in for a big surprise

3 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

But you can use the autopilot buttons just above the attitude indicator - black square made that as an option.

Disregard, Ryan spoiled the big surprise for me 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | MSI Gaming Trio X RTX 4090 | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6200 32-38-38-30 32GB | Gigabyte X670 AORUS ELITE AX | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

27 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

So that might be the tradeoff..  TDS more realistic in its interaction, PMS has all the little MSFS airfields..

I manually add custom airfields to the GTNXi as I need them, but it certainly would be convenient to have them all there.. 😉

Looking into it the PMS will also crossfill, sounds like that isn't in the TDS as yet. Doesn't mention Simbrief import either as far as I can see.

That said TDS have definitely changed the equation with an updateable database.

If I didn't already have the PMS then TDS would probably have been my choice..

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

spacer.png

13 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Don’t know how many times I’ve dreamt of doing that whilst simming in the KA. Still a great addon though!

I have no idea what I’ll see, but I sense that I’m in for a big surprise

Disregard, Ryan spoiled the big surprise for me 

I find your lack of faith disturbing 😂

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

10 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

Looking into it the PMS will also crossfill, 

TDS doesnt crossfill....yet.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

41 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

TDS doesnt crossfill....yet.

Yeah, did spot that it wasn't something ruled out as "never" happening.

Wondering if the breakthrough that allowed this change to happen with the new version is down to Garmin writing the trainer so that it can be done, or genius hacking of the trainer on TDS's part .. ..

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Gazzareth said:

Doesn't mention Simbrief import either as far as I can see.

That works just fine. You can download the flight plan files for the TDS GTNXi either directly from the Simbrief website or use their Simbrief Downloader tool.

• Like 1

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

1 hour ago, Gazzareth said:

Yeah, did spot that it wasn't something ruled out as "never" happening.

Wondering if the breakthrough that allowed this change to happen with the new version is down to Garmin writing the trainer so that it can be done, or genius hacking of the trainer on TDS's part .. ..

G

It's not a hack but it is genius in-depth coding that's taken a few years to plan and execute.  This was all done by TDS and is not done by Garmin.

Edit sorry that wasn't meant to come off snippy - just more of an informational thing.

Edited by ryanbatc

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |