Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

TDS GTNXi Pro with Navigraph Support released!

Just now, tiberiu11 said:

The best place for support is at TDS, such as their Discord:

https://discord.com/invite/NupgPCUgsH

Or via email from the support email address found at the end of the email message.

I am going to do that, but thought maybe someone here has run into the same issue and there's a simple fix. 

1 minute ago, JonathanC said:

I am going to do that, but thought maybe someone here has run into the same issue and there's a simple fix. 

Do you have the PMS50 unit also installed? If so, unlink it so that it doesn't load.

It worked in the Milviz 310 so maybe something specific to the BS planes. Never mind, I'll figure it out on my own. 

Just now, mmcmah said:

Do you have the PMS50 unit also installed? If so, unlink it so that it doesn't load.

Nope, haven't used that . 

3 hours ago, tup61 said:

What plane (GA) would be best suited for the GTN? I'd prefer a plane that would also use the GTN in real life. But I also prefer a well simulated plane like A2A makes them... Any suggestions?

A36 Bonanza.

• Like 1

Bert

17 minutes ago, JonathanC said:

Just bought this, but I get a blank screen in the BlackSquare planes. I checked the manual but there's no specific help for this (not using Avast Antivirus, and already set up an exclusion in Windows Defender). The software is running on my desktop and I see it in the taskbar and can see the settings interface (it says "Connected to Flight Simulator")

I must be missing something simple - how do you get the GTNxi working in MSFS?

You installed the trainer right?  It's probably about a 1GB download from garmin I think.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

19 minutes ago, JonathanC said:

Just bought this, but I get a blank screen in the BlackSquare planes. I checked the manual but there's no specific help for this (not using Avast Antivirus, and already set up an exclusion in Windows Defender). The software is running on my desktop and I see it in the taskbar and can see the settings interface (it says "Connected to Flight Simulator")

I must be missing something simple - how do you get the GTNxi working in MSFS?

The BS aircraft has swappable avionics. Just flip the switches on the co-pilot side. I have a sneaky feeling that Ryan beat me to this answer…

14 minutes ago, PTI139 said:

Thanks for your answer but it did not answer my question. Maybe the TDS does the same as the real on but practically what does it better for me if I use the PMS in a simulator plane?

Sorry, I should have read your post more thoroughly before hitting the reply button. I’ve used both and much prefer TDS, but I’m sure there’s someone with more elaborate answers on this.

Btw to quote using iPad just select text then a “quote selection” option comes up

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

After it worked in the 310, I went back to the BlackSquare Bonanza and saw that it loaded .. and then went blank after I hit continue on the database screen. But it works great on the BS King Air and BS Baron, so really it's something only affecting the Bonanza. I'll try and reinstall that one, but in any case, the GTNxi is working fine on most planes so all good! Thanks all. 

1 minute ago, Cpt_Piett said:

The BS aircraft has swappable avionics. Just flip the switches on the co-pilot side. I have a sneaky feeling that Ryan beat me to this answer…

Nah, wasn't that. It loads.. I click continue on the DB page, and then it goes blank as if the avionics master is switched off (it isn't). But since this is only happening on the Bonanza and not on the Baron/King Air/310r, I'll troubleshoot just that plane. It's not a GTNxi issue per se. 

18 minutes ago, JonathanC said:

Nah, wasn't that. It loads.. I click continue on the DB page, and then it goes blank as if the avionics master is switched off (it isn't). But since this is only happening on the Bonanza and not on the Baron/King Air/310r, I'll troubleshoot just that plane. It's not a GTNxi issue per se. 

Yeah you might try posting on the just flight forums about it.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

37 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

A36 Bonanza.

The Black Square one, I suppose? I will compare it with the...

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Get the BS King Air if you want something a bit more complex (and faster) than the Comanche. It’s an absolutely excellent addon.

... and see what suits my needs most!

Edited by tup61
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, tup61 said:

The Black Square one, I suppose? I will compare it with the...

... and see what suits my needs most!

I like the layout of the panel in the Bonanza.. everything at hand, and a very nice autopilot.

The King Air has its gauges scattered all over the place.. note the autopilot location!

If you really want a twin, the C414 would be my choice.

If you just want something faster... the TBM850 is the best turboprop in my hangar.

• Like 2

Bert

Question... One limiting factor of the GTNXi in my flying is that the Garmin database does not include many of the smaller airstrips that are present in MSFS.  How is the Navigraph database in that regard?

Bert

20 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

The King Air has its gauges scattered all over the place.. note the autopilot location!

The AP panel location is indeed horrendous, how did they come up with that? I agree, the C414 is also an excellent choice. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”