Sign in to follow this  
pilotter

gsx objects stuttering

On 3/1/2024 at 6:10 PM, Fiorentoni said:

Any chance for a video? Maybe we are interpreting things differently, but seeing the same. I use GSX since P3D so am quite used to how it looks.

Look at flightdeck2sim video

(min 29:35), those are stutters, exactly the same as my ones, all vehicles are stuttering but the most annoying and immersion killer one is this one, the pushback truck, that not only stutters, but because it is attached to you, your image and aircraft stutters with the truck.

• Like 1

Sergio Naiberg

On 3/1/2024 at 1:30 PM, Fiorentoni said:

No I don't even understand what you mean. The objects move in a stutterly fashion? Or the FPS? In either case none of this happens on my side (and my PC is much weaker than yours).

This issue occurs more on systems that are able to push more fps in the sim. So basically, GSX is only good for weak systems that can keep the sim capped around 30-40 fps. 

The fix to this is to increase render scale in the msfs settings. But it will cost more fps. It sucks. Especially if you don’t have frame gen. 

once I moved my render scale slider to 120, my GSX pushback was smooth. 

According to Umberto, this is an Asobo/simconnect issue. 

On 3/1/2024 at 4:17 PM, SN737 said:

yeap

I’m the user that posted on the forum about the hyperthreading off. That wasn’t actually what fixed it for me when doing some more test. I had realized that what I had also done differently was increase the render scale in the msfs graphics settings. This is exactly what fixed the stuttering. Start increasing that render scale slider until you see the gsx pushback smooth out. The downside is that it will reduce your fps. 

On 3/1/2024 at 4:28 PM, pilotter said:

I even have stutter with the pushback every now and then because of this. But it is mostly the animations like the busses arriving departing, trolleys etc. I have no HT on ( actually AMD it's called SMT ). For the rest I am getting used to GSX and now with Fenix V2 it's even easier. So it's not a rand, but I wanted to know if I was the only one. 

Basically, if you have a high end system that can do 60+ fps in the sim, you are screwed with the gsx stutters. 

according to Umberto, it’s not a “GSX Issue”. 

52 minutes ago, CookieMonsta said:

Basically, if you have a high end system that can do 60+ fps in the sim, you are screwed with the gsx stutters. 

I have a 60+ fps capable system - and NO GSX stutters?

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

2 hours ago, CookieMonsta said:

I’m the user that posted on the forum about the hyperthreading off. That wasn’t actually what fixed it for me when doing some more test. I had realized that what I had also done differently was increase the render scale in the msfs graphics settings. This is exactly what fixed the stuttering. Start increasing that render scale slider until you see the gsx pushback smooth out. The downside is that it will reduce your fps. 

not working for me as I already use a render scaling of 175 to smooth out any stutters

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

2 hours ago, CookieMonsta said:

according to Umberto, it’s not a “GSX Issue”. 

yep you can not say that it is a GSX issue.......

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

Also having major stutters now with pushback but only on outside view. VC view is ok (Fenix)

Michael Moe 

• Upvote 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Anyone suffering from these 'GSX stutters', apart from your chosen aircraft, have you removed every other mod from your Community folder?

That's the only way to test whether GSX is at fault.

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

Also having major stutters now with pushback but only on outside view. VC view is ok (Fenix)

Outside view stutters with the Block 2 Fenix A320 is a known Fenix issue that will hopefully be resolved in the hotfix.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Posted (edited)

Well, for me it's unacceptable that you have to be capped at 30 or 60 fps to get smooth vehicles with, msfs/asobo ones are smooth as butter. The developer should fix it. I'm not willing to cap my frames less than my monitor refresh rate (100mhz), my flying experience and smoothness is outstanding with my setup, 7900XD3, RTX 4070. FG ON, TAA, frames capped 100 in NVCP, and all the whistles of g-syn monitor also ON. Thanks to all for the support.

Edited by SN737

Sergio Naiberg

8 hours ago, SN737 said:

Well, for me it's unacceptable that you have to be capped at 30 or 60 fps to get smooth vehicles with, msfs/asobo ones are smooth as butter. The developer should fix it. I'm not willing to cap my frames less than my monitor refresh rate (100mhz), my flying experience and smoothness is outstanding with my setup, 7900XD3, RTX 4070. FG ON, TAA, frames capped 100 in NVCP, and all the whistles of g-syn monitor also ON. Thanks to all for the support.

I understand my explanations always seem long and difficult to understand so, I'll try to make it as short as possible:

- Every Simconnect application that subscribes to the Visual Frame rate will cause an increase of the overall Simconnect traffic, not just GSX. Because when something is subscribed to the Visual Frame rate, it GETS CALLED BY the sim at every frame so, the higher the frame rate, the more traffic you put on Simconnect, and the effect adds up for every running application.

- Every Simconnect application will be affected by the sim not calling it at regularly timed intervals (which will be less precise, the more traffic on Simconnect), but few applications rely on this to do something that you can SEE, like GSX. If some airplane code reads or writes a variable 50 times per seconds, but it doesn't use it to "show something", you won't even KNOW that application was affected by stuttering as well, because is not using that information to show something that moves on screen.

- Subscribing to the Visual Frame rate is the only way that works to get a reasonable "Realtime" update. The next lowest tier is 6 times per second, which is not suitable for animation, and the "Sim Frame", which is supposed to be frame-rate independent, really isn't and still happens with the same frequency of the visual frame rate, and in addition to that, it has a bug that after sometimes it just stops working, fully documented and reported on MSFS Dev Forum a long while ago.

What we should really need, is some kind of callback system that doesn't depend on the visual frame rate, the "SimFrame" should have worked in theory, but in fact it doesn't, and from all our test, it works at the same frequency of the Visual Frame rate, and it's not even reliable.

5 hours ago, virtuali said:

I understand my explanations always seem long and difficult to understand so, I'll try to make it as short as possible:

- Every Simconnect application that subscribes to the Visual Frame rate will cause an increase of the overall Simconnect traffic, not just GSX. Because when something is subscribed to the Visual Frame rate, it GETS CALLED BY the sim at every frame so, the higher the frame rate, the more traffic you put on Simconnect, and the effect adds up for every running application.

- Every Simconnect application will be affected by the sim not calling it at regularly timed intervals (which will be less precise, the more traffic on Simconnect), but few applications rely on this to do something that you can SEE, like GSX. If some airplane code reads or writes a variable 50 times per seconds, but it doesn't use it to "show something", you won't even KNOW that application was affected by stuttering as well, because is not using that information to show something that moves on screen.

- Subscribing to the Visual Frame rate is the only way that works to get a reasonable "Realtime" update. The next lowest tier is 6 times per second, which is not suitable for animation, and the "Sim Frame", which is supposed to be frame-rate independent, really isn't and still happens with the same frequency of the visual frame rate, and in addition to that, it has a bug that after sometimes it just stops working, fully documented and reported on MSFS Dev Forum a long while ago.

What we should really need, is some kind of callback system that doesn't depend on the visual frame rate, the "SimFrame" should have worked in theory, but in fact it doesn't, and from all our test, it works at the same frequency of the Visual Frame rate, and it's not even reliable.

can we vote for this on MSFS Virtuali, maybe that would catch the attention of msfs

19 hours ago, F737MAX said:

Anyone suffering from these 'GSX stutters', apart from your chosen aircraft, have you removed every other mod from your Community folder?

That's the only way to test whether GSX is at fault.

Outside view stutters with the Block 2 Fenix A320 is a known Fenix issue that will hopefully be resolved in the hotfix.

funny, not on my system, it's only with GSX

1 hour ago, pilotter said:

funny, not on my system, it's only with GSX

That's what I meant when I said:

Few applications rely on this to do something that you can SEE, like GSX. If some airplane code reads or writes a variable 50 times per seconds, but it doesn't use it to "show something", you won't even KNOW that application was affected by stuttering as well, because is not using that information to show something that moves on screen

Posted (edited)

so basically all that is running by simconnect will not stutter except GSX? don't get me wrong I like GSX but this is killing the immersion. You can blame it on Asobo or other products, but your product is showing the stutters, and it can't be changed unless simconnect gets changed, correct? Somehow I get the feeling when there is a little critism at your product, you feel very much offended?

Edited by pilotter
extra info